U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sacramento, CA vs Richmond, VA
Sacramento, CA 55 54.46%
Richmond, VA 50 49.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:04 AM

5,373 posts, read 7,659,745 times

Advertisements

I'm kinda appalled that people are trying to make a case for Richmond being more relevant or on the same level as Sacramento...Really y'all?

Last edited by Mezter; 09-06-2015 at 02:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:30 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,244,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I'm kinda appalled that people are trying to make a case for Richmond being more relevant or on the same level as Sacramento...Really y'all?
Someone in the Sac forum once said Sacramento is the Rodney Dangerfield of cities. It doesn't get any respect, even where it's due. But most people judge cities off tourist areas and google maps on this forum.

They think Vegas life is the strip, NOLA is a giant french quarter, Honolulu life is Waikiki.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:38 AM

4,439 posts, read 4,446,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
It's actually one of the reasons we left the Golden State, way too much painful egocentricity among it's citizens.
Yeah I don't think these Sacramento guys are egocentric, rather they are quite humble.

The 3 heros all Sacramentans, who saved the lives of 500+ people on a French train a few weeks ago.

Sacramento and it's Mayor are giving those American heros a parade on September 11 in Sacramento.

French train hero returns to Sacramento | The Sacramento Bee

Sacramento heroes

Pride, relief after childhood friends from Sacramento thwart European train attack | The Sacramento Bee

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/us...oots.html?_r=0

Old 09-06-2015, 04:37 AM

1,333 posts, read 1,154,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
You and the Wizard dude have been arrogant and condescending from the get go, quintessential provincial California homers.
Pretty much. I'm not sure what else to suggest seeing as I asked for more in the way of cool stuff Sac has and just got more bickering.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:02 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,027,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
Pretty much. I'm not sure what else to suggest seeing as I asked for more in the way of cool stuff Sac has and just got more bickering.
Um, Sacramento's greatness is self-evident, you ignoramus!

Old 09-06-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
How about our Animie Convention thats pretty darn COOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GzIHL3jvtY

Last edited by Chimérique; 09-06-2015 at 08:06 AM..

Old 09-06-2015, 08:14 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,027,052 times
Oh no. He's resorted to an anime convention. His argument is in shambles.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
Oh no. He's resorted to an anime convention. His argument is in shambles.
I love it. I knew exactly that is the response I would get. Actually that convention brings in millions from outside the local area.

Notice how you ignore the small example of the great and COOL folks who either lived in Sacramento or still live in Sacramento like the

Justice of the Supreme Court Anthony Kennedy, who ran Sacramento's top law college, McGeorge School of Law, before becoming the Justice of the Supreme Court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Kennedy

Old 09-06-2015, 09:22 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,244,870 times
Quote:
Again, people have told you. But you people really do not seem to listen, which is the popular stereotype for "y'all". Let's start with an NBA team. Does Richmond have one of those? How about a large Asian population? Got weed shops? Any light or heavy rail commuter transit? How about the murder rate? How cold is it in January? How humid in August?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sac does not have to be Paris to be a bigger fish than Richmond. Every region in the US with 2 million people has more going on than the Richmind area.

Last edited by WizardOfRadical; 09-06-2015 at 09:35 AM..

Old 09-06-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Again, people have told you. But you people really do not seem to listen, which is the popular stereotype for "y'all". Let's start with an NBA team. Does Richmond have one of those? How about a large Asian population? Got weed shops? Any light or heavy rail commuter transit? How about the murder rate? How cold is it in January? How humid in August?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
So true, Sacramento is so much nicer,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City