Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times

Advertisements

San Francisco. Hands down. You have beautiful architecture such as the Transamerica Pyramid, Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Lombart St., and the victorian houses on Alamo Square. S.F. also has a nice setting of hills and the bay. San Diego has beautiful weather and is more of a surfers and boaters paradise, but the architecture is bland and lacks character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
In your opinion, which city is the most breathetaking in natural and man-made beauty: San Diego or San Francisco?
That's a tough choice... I like them both, BUT...

San Francisco is no doubt a natural beauty. The problem is you can hardly see the beauty half of the time because it's covered in fog. As Mark Twain said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"... Too many bums for my taste, but the same is true in downtown San Diego (seems to be a little more localized, though). I like the lifestyle and the urban design of San Francisco much better. San Diego has fun pockets, but other than that it's the same suburban sprawl like many other places. The beaches are certainly beautiful. If I am to choose between the two, I'd probably take San Diego as a home base and drive up the coast any chance I get. It's also closer to warm waters, but that's not a subject of this thread.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:07 PM

102 posts, read 472,543 times
Default San diego vs san franscico

I have to say san franscico to...even though I can't spell it right ha ha!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:34 PM

8 posts, read 22,418 times
As a city, San Fran has the real Urban flavor of the great Eastern cities and the skyline from the bay is great. Magical neighborhoods, a history of etnics, and culture, just too much to summarize it is a city that is breathtaking in its own right, cuture, civics and skyline.

San Diego is, IMHO Minniapolis by the sea kind of white bread with a beach,

Ok skyline, not much diversity or tradition, its coming, but not yet.... not "breathtaking"

I don't think I could rate a "city" based on proximity to another region or attraction, like Napa or Baja, They should stand on their own

Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 PM

812 posts, read 4,083,822 times
San Francisco for sure. I love San Diego, but the problem with San Diego's beauty is that it's about 1 mile wide before it turns to Chaparral (not my idea of beautiful).

Last edited by tande1n5; 01-28-2008 at 11:44 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,783,220 times
San Francisco for sure. Between the beautiful architecture and natural beauty it wins.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,416,603 times
SF wins my vote because of all of the houses like the ones in Alamo Square. Oh I liked the house on Full House and also Mrs. Doubtfire, these were some great examples of SF architecture if you ask me. silly but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City