U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ruder people in Miami or in El Paso?
El Paso 5 23.81%
Miami 16 76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:10 PM

8,964 posts, read 5,719,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirportFan View Post
El Paso is a third world city. It's a horrible place to live in. Miami is much better. The people seem nice in Miami, but then again, I keep reading that everyone complains about the people.

You must've got this from a VERY small sample size. The people are the worst. No offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:14 PM

200 posts, read 225,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
You must've got this from a VERY small sample size. The people are the worst. No offense.
I was only there for a vacation. Many people say living there is very different from vacationing there. I was also once told that El Pasoans are nicer than Miamians. But idk, I've found many rude people in El Paso. Maybe both are the same, considering El Paso feels like Mexico and Miami in some areas feels like Cuba. But idk. I've had mixed feelings between Phoenix and Miami lately. I have to choose a city to move to and I have many choices, but I am pretty picky on several things.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:29 PM

4,852 posts, read 2,232,119 times
Quote:
Never been to El Paso, but I cannot imagine its worse than Miami.

Miami takes the cake when it comes to being rude.

Wouldnt live there if you GAVE me a house.
I don't know why you keep commenting in here then. Aren't you always singing the praises of North Carolina?

Old 09-06-2015, 06:35 PM

4,948 posts, read 6,894,539 times
Quote:
I was only there for a vacation. Many people say living there is very different from vacationing there. I was also once told that El Pasoans are nicer than Miamians. But idk, I've found many rude people in El Paso. Maybe both are the same, considering El Paso feels like Mexico and Miami in some areas feels like Cuba. But idk. I've had mixed feelings between Phoenix and Miami lately. I have to choose a city to move to and I have many choices, but I am pretty picky on several things.
Miami isn't known for it's super friendly people, however there are tons of friendly people here.
Trust me. I live and work here.
Dont listen to the one guy bashing Miami. He obviously has an agenda and is threatened by Miami's Hispanic culture and dominance.

Miami is unlike any other city in the US. If u move here I suggest u keep an open mind and come with a positive attitude and I'm sure you'll like it and find a network of friends.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:

What are your other choices?

Old 09-06-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
What are your other choices?
Phoenix and Miami, I have mixed feelings on those 2. Tucson, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Lubbock, San Diego, Orange County, Tampa, Denver, Portland, Jacksonville, Tyler, and Albuquerque are my other choices. I thought of applying to school in Atlanta, but it looks like a very dangerous city. Not sure if Miami is actually more dangerous or not, but I actually am picky on several factors.

1. It must be a big city. I'm applying to small cities in case I can't get myself into a big city.

2. People are a big factor. If it's hard to make new friends and meet people, then I won't consider the place. El Paso as it is, it is not a city to make friends in. I'm starting to think Miami is the same, but again, people have opinions.

3. Warm weather.

4. Entertainment and Social Life.

5. Clean streets. I noticed how clean Miami is compared to El Paso. El Paso is a landfill compared to Miami.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:24 PM

Personally I'd probably choose Austin. But that's me. Actually Atlanta, but you seemed to have crossed if off the list.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:03 AM

250 posts, read 319,826 times
I'm stumped by this one. El Paso is more frequently compared to Vancouver.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
I'm stumped by this one. El Paso is more frequently compared to Vancouver.
If your talking about in terms of friendliness, the reason I think El Paso has rude people is because I have hardly met any nice people. Maybe the nice people in El Paso are out there, but I just have not met them. Hopefully I will, but if not, I'll be moving next year to a friendly city. People are rude in different ways in El Paso. I did notice Miami to have people similar to El Pasoans, but not really as rude as El Pasoans. Again, I only was in Miami for like 3 days, so I am not sure how it's like living there.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:59 PM

3,505 posts, read 2,741,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I get my salsa from New York City, thankyouverymuch.
+1 for the classic commerical reference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or