U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:19 AM

4,561 posts, read 2,527,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Yea for telling the truth ... Irrational City Boosting should be banned .. Nothing good comes from it.
Seriously what are you talking? The tell truth? What the hell is "the truth"? You are crazy if you are about to repeat what I think you are going to repeat.

All trends point to both being healthy cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 09:50 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,544,936 times
My 13 year old son has a love affair with urban areas. Five years ago we started taking "MAN" trips to explore urban environments. So far we have explored D.C., Baltimore, Cleveland, Toronto, Newark, Harlem, and Brooklyn (Bedford Stuyvesant).

My son wanted to explore Bed Stuy because his favorite sitcom (Everybody hates Chris) is set there. although we pass through Philly often, we never explored the inner city together. Our Philadelphia trip will include Amtrak and the 30th street station. The last time I took Amtrak into philly the Cira Center was under construction. At that time I thought a few more towers would do wonders for the skyline. I'm excited and cant wait to explore the FMC construction site.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:04 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,361,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Seriously what are you talking? The tell truth? What the hell is "the truth"? You are crazy if you are about to repeat what I think you are going to repeat.

All trends point to both being healthy cities.
Lol. Best to ignore her at this point. She's clearly mentally insane.

This is a thread involving Pittsburgh and Philadelphia is it not? I'm not sure how it's "boosting" to post pictures and articles about positive things happening in Philadelphia. I would definitely welcome the same from Pittsburgh forumers as well.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:04 AM

wpipkins, definitely check out the cira green park that connects the Evo building to the FMC.

Now Open Cira Green Rooftop Park Offers Best Views of Philly - urban oasis - Curbed Philly

Old 01-07-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
My 13 year old son has a love affair with urban areas. Five years ago we started taking "MAN" trips to explore urban environments. So far we have explored D.C., Baltimore, Cleveland, Toronto, Newark, Harlem, and Brooklyn (Bedford Stuyvesant).

My son wanted to explore Bed Stuy because his favorite sitcom (Everybody hates Chris) is set there. although we pass through Philly often, we never explored the inner city together. Our Philadelphia trip will include Amtrak and the 30th street station. The last time I took Amtrak into philly the Cira Center was under construction. At that time I thought a few more towers would do wonders for the skyline. I'm excited and cant wait to explore the FMC construction site.
Sounds great! Yeah, there is a good amount of new towers going up in Philly currently including FMC and Comcast Innovation and Technology Center which will be the states first Supertall. A lot of towers going up or built in University City and along the Schuylkill River as well.

PS - I love Everybody Hates Chris!

Old 01-07-2016, 10:25 AM

5,805 posts, read 8,326,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Lol. Best to ignore her at this point. She's clearly mentally insane.

This is a thread involving Pittsburgh and Philadelphia is it not? I'm not sure how it's "boosting" to post pictures and articles about positive things happening in Philadelphia. I would definitely welcome the same from Pittsburgh forumers as well.
But you're doing it in away to marginalize Pittsburgh as being less than Philly .... You're playing the whole "My City is better than Your City" Pissing Contest. As somehow showing cranes in the air shows Philly is doing economically better than Pittsburgh there for is a "Better City"... When economically on paper it isn't true. The same Google Searches you did on Philly Success stories, one can do for Pittsburgh its not that hard, just not worth the time.

You're obsessed with boosting Philadelphia .... Why don't the Pittsburgh boosters sit here ans Post a gazillion Pictures of Pittsburgh development. Because its Not a Pissing Contest for them like it is for you.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
When economically on paper it isn't true.
show us the papers you have been reading? lol.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
But you're doing it in away to marginalize Pittsburgh as being less than Philly .... You're playing the whole "My City is better than Your City" Pissing Contest. As somehow showing cranes in the air shows Philly is doing economically better than Pittsburgh there for is a "Better City"... When economically on paper it isn't true. The same Google Searches you did on Philly Success stories, one can do for Pittsburgh its not that hard, just not worth the time.

You're obsessed with boosting Philadelphia .... Why don't the Pittsburgh boosters sit here ans Post a gazillion Pictures of Pittsburgh development. Because its Not a Pissing Contest for them like it is for you.
I'm not boosting Philadelphia or marginalizing Pittsburgh. I would welcome pictures or articles about new construction in Pittsburgh.

Not sure how you could say Philadelphia isn't doing well economically. There wouldn't be so much under construction if the city was doing poorly. Every major analyst is saying Philadelphia is doing well and predicts the city will continue to do well.

As for 'better city,' I never once said that. I personally feel that Philadelphia is the better city, but that is entirely subjective. It's opinion. Everybody is free to have their own opinion.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:42 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,544,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
wpipkins, definitely check out the cira green park that connects the Evo building to the FMC.

Now Open Cira Green Rooftop Park Offers Best Views of Philly - urban oasis - Curbed Philly
I am assuming this is the sloped garage rooftop? I remember the renderings.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 AM

2,183 posts, read 1,261,597 times
Here is me 0.2 cents....I like pitts topography better but overall as a city feel i prefer Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or