U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city do you see having the biggest future in the entertainment industry?
New York City 8 7.34%
LA 49 44.95%
Boston 2 1.83%
Atlanta 37 33.94%
Washington, D.C. 0 0%
Other 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 AM
 
1,687 posts, read 901,000 times
Reputation: 324

Advertisements

The compelling argument is something Atlanta boosters can't talk about. How can you have a future if tax credit ends and hollywood sees no point of sticking around.

You're just guessing it's long term. It could be over in two years. Either way, it's a lousy bet.

Last edited by Freddy K; 09-10-2015 at 07:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 AM
 
27,749 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Reputation: 16460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
The compelling argument is something Atlanta boosters can't talk about. How can you have a future if tax credit ends and hollywood sees no point of sticking around.

You're just guessing it's long term. It could be over in two years. Either way, it's a lousy bet.
OK, we heard you the first twenty times. I disagree but I'm not going to keep going around and around with you with the same rebuttals, so just let it go and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 AM
 
1,687 posts, read 901,000 times
Reputation: 324
You're not providing a reason. Louisiana just put a cap on their credits and you'll see effects.
Just like north Carolina and Maryland. There's proof on my side you just choose to ignore same thing for atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 AM
 
96 posts, read 87,953 times
Reputation: 69
In the 1980's and early 1990's Orlando was poised to become "Hollywood East" with Universal Studios and Disney investing heavily in production facilities. Florida tax credits eventually evaporated and much of the production went elsewhere to more tax friendly/cheaper locations - N.C., Vancouver, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:10 AM
 
1,687 posts, read 901,000 times
Reputation: 324
Exactly. There's a history of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:48 AM
 
27,749 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Reputation: 16460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
You're not providing a reason. Louisiana just put a cap on their credits and you'll see effects.
Just like north Carolina and Maryland. There's proof on my side you just choose to ignore same thing for atlanta.
Actually I did provide a reason but again, I'm not going to rehash the same points over and over. It's useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:55 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,322 posts, read 2,166,080 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That is a compelling argument as well.

I had already made my argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Yeah... THIS is the future of entertainment which is why Buzzfeed got millions from NBC Universal to open Buzzfeed Studios in Hollywood and they are planning to move their HQ to the Arts District in DTLA. Same reason Netflix is opening a huge office in Hollywood, why Amazon is filming constantly in the LA area, and Google has studios in LA.

Especially now with Silicon Beach? Its only going to get bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 09:19 AM
 
27,749 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Reputation: 16460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
I had already made my argument.
I'm aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
3,451 posts, read 3,160,601 times
Reputation: 2854
ATL almost leading this poll makes it the funniest one I've seen on C-D in 2015. Go team The South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 10:25 AM
 
1,687 posts, read 901,000 times
Reputation: 324
It's hilarious. Their only/best asset is Tyler perry. What's gonna happen when people get tired of his stuff? He isn't James Cameron.

Team delusion.

Last edited by Freddy K; 09-10-2015 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top