Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:29 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,472,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Well, I don't live on the West side so I don't get what your getting at.

Or you can stop making things up, and post actual crime statistics

Its ok if you do not like Los Angeles. Totally reasonable. But you can't just make things up. Especially things like crime. LA is safer than Dallas, and Philly. That is just a fact.
lol don't take yourself too seriously. How am I making anything up? Seriously look up gang crime in LA. It is known as the gang capital of the USA. I never said LA was more dangerous than the other major cities but LA is still a dangerous city and extremely dangerous in certain areas(just like Chicago and NYC which also didn't make the list of most dangerous cities in the USA). LA is know for it's gang culture, it's actually part of the identity of LA in some sense. Although Dallas might be less dangerous than LA I would chose the ghetto of Dallas area way over Compton, south central, east LA, ect.

In all honesty, the reason why I didn't post crime stats for you is that I really don't want to search statistics, compline them, and paste them in here. You can do it yourself if you would like. I'm really not on here to argue so have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:30 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
lol don't take yourself too seriously. How am I making anything up? Seriously look up gang crime in LA. It is known as the gang capital of the USA. I never said LA was more dangerous than the other major cities but LA is still a dangerous city and extremely dangerous in certain areas(just like Chicago and NYC which also didn't make the list of most dangerous cities in the USA). LA is know for it's gang culture, it's actually part of the identity of LA in some sense. Although Dallas might be less dangerous than LA I would chose the ghetto of Dallas area way over Compton, south central, east LA, ect.
You would rather live in a place where your more likely to be killed? Ok

Old 09-09-2015, 09:42 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,438,156 times
Quote:
What part of LA do you live in? Lol west side? I lived in phoenix for 16 years and never saw crime, lived in DC for 3 and never saw crime, that was just because of the area that I was in and my numbers are from the 21st century actually.
Koreatown and north Hollywood.

So all of LA murder and crimes has plummeted in the last 15 years but it still has sane gang presence

no. Sorry.

I assumed I'd see gang everywhere going off city data forums. Not one yet. And I use public transportation every where.

Last edited by Freddy K; 09-09-2015 at 10:07 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
you can look them up.

In terms of gangs this is a direct quote "Los Angeles has been nicknamed the Gang Capital of America, with an estimated 120,000 gang members as of 2007."

I live in LA so why would I want there to be crime. It's just so funny to me all the people in the west side bubble thinking LA is some sort of safe heaven. YES it is if you live in the west side bubble, but outside of that bubble it's a whole different city.

La is one of safest big cities in america. Step into 2015 and leave 1998. I traveled through scary east LA for work. So scary.
Please.
It looked interesting.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:47 PM

UO= actuallyjami of Dallas lls 21;4 114548 thim6]You bwould rather live in a place where your more likely to be killed? Ok[/quote]

Haha. Have you seem Compton murder rate?
Worst areas of Dallas are more violent.

Dallas in general Is far more violent and crime ridden. Just like your entertainment claim, If You actually saw facts you might
Think different.

Get a clue.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,472,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
UO= actuallyjami of Dallas lls 21;4 114548 thim6]You bwould rather live in a place where your more likely to be killed? Ok

Haha. Have you seem Compton murder rate?
Worst areas of Dallas are more violent.

Dallas in general Is far more violent and crime ridden. Just like your entertainment claim, If You actually saw facts you might
Think different.

Get a clue.[/quote]

I'll try and find a clue dude, it will be hard but i'll try. Also, In terms of my entertainment claim: I clearly stated LA will always be number one but Atlanta will see more growth. My comparison is kind like saying Las Vegas is seeing more growth than NYC. Doesn't mean that Las Vegas will surpase NYC in terms of population, they will just see more growth.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:31 PM

You didn't mention growth in that first post.

Why should it be hard? You don't even have to leave this site for crime numbers.

Dallas is more violent and crime ridden per capita. I don't know what to tell you.

People love saying how scary LA is when the truth is its not very scary at all.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:38 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So you prefer to visit cities where you have family or friends...gotcha. Sometimes that can make all the difference between an enjoyable visit and a not-so-enjoyable visit, even to a city that's not the most tourist-friendly.
Yeah for visiting its more just the places where I have family and friends. I don't really have any reason to be a tourist in America for any other reason anymore, other than seeing the few states left that I haven't seen and the few major cities left that I haven't seen.

I lived in the United States for 22 years of my life. Of major population centers I have already seen New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco Bay Area (all three major cities to boot), Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth (both cities), Houston, Atlanta, Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Philadelphia, Detroit, Seattle, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Portland, Las Vegas, Tucson, Tampa Bay Area, Orlando, Saint Louis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Nashville, Austin, Charlotte, Raleigh, Jacksonville, San Antonio, El Paso, Louisville, Columbus, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Madison, Asheville, Baltimore, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Sacramento, Kansas City, Omaha, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Harrisburg, Richmond, Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Fresno, Bakersfield, Grand Rapids, Memphis, New Orleans, Hartford, Springfield (MA), Wichita, Des Moines.

I saw the bulk of them all in the last 12 months when I did two trips in the United States; 1) Western half of the country in Winter (FL, AL, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ, CA, OR, WA, UT, CO, NV, KS, MO, OK, NE, IL) and 2) Eastern half of the country in Summer (FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, KY, OH, IN, MI, AL, VA, MD, DC, WV, NJ, NY). I had already seen a great deal of the major population centers in the country prior to these two trips, so for a lot of places, it was the second, third, or possibly more times on these trips.

Its easier for me to list places I haven't seen yet among the major cities; Honolulu, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, San Juan, Anchorage, Portland (ME), so on.

See that's the thing, I personally don't feel the need to see any of these places ever again. Not that they were bad or lacked anything. I didn't "hate" being in any of them, but with much more interesting cities in the world (in my opinion) than America, I'd rather just funnel my funds in that direction, in my opinion, I get more for my time and money that way. America doesn't have a Berlin, a Rome, a Barcelona, a Nice, a Saint Petersburg, an Antwerp (Flemish Diamond area), an Amsterdam, a Hamburg, an Istanbul, a Madrid, a Stockholm, a Copenhagen, a Munich, and of course a Paris. These being the names of the cities close to me, on the same continent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetUser2015 View Post
I hate basketball. I'm a hockey person 100%. Football is commercials with 11 minutes of action and baseball is a baby boomer's game. Basketball is for people that aren't skilled enough to skate, stick handle and shoot.
Well for one, basketball requires precision and work on your craft, definitely enhanced skills in shooting. You're seriously telling me people aren't wowed by guys like Durant and Curry and their proficient ability to shoot from seemingly anywhere on the court and make their baskets perfectly? There's a reason basketball players make more money and are more popular than hockey players and its not solely because the NBA is the bigger league. Its because people are more in tune with the skills of a basketball player than they are with the skills of a hockey player.

Its an aesthetic game and as the NBA Finals have shown the last season, it matters a hella lot.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:02 PM

10 posts, read 9,597 times
bump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City