U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:51 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,166,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Sure, it's nothing personal towards GB/Lambeau/the Packers. I like the field if only because it is a great accomplishment to win there on the road, especially in the playoffs. And the 49ers have had their number lately (although the niners would most likely get killed if they played this year). The Packers are a model franchise and I was asked last Sunday who my favorite QB is and I said AR (and not because he is a local kid who went to Cal, and the 49ers took Alex Smith #1 instead of AR... Grrr, imagine!). When I was growing up I hated the Packers as every year it came down to Brett Favre vs Steve Young in the NFC.

Was mostly just confused as to why I was told to run along and that I didn't know anything about football after I made a two word post.
Well, they do in fact play this year, which goes back to my original statement - I don't believe you are anything approaching a football expert. Or even a rabid fan. Or you would have known this. The NFL is a collection of historical circumstances, and without everything leading up to now, it wouldn't have any popularity at all. They know this, even if you do not. They all salivate over "the bygone era" that you can supposedly still see in Green Bay, whether this approaches reality is another story entirely (I lived there 10 years and know the ins-and-outs of the city quite well). Lambeau Field has the old bowl, but everything else is as modern as can be, and they continue buying up border properties and setting the whole thing up like a football mall.

Obviously the NFL is fully money-driven. It's always been that way. It's just more frighteningly effective at it now. And as you can see from several comments already, people would be intrigued by playing a Super Bowl in a legendary venue that brings to mind the "golden" eras of the NFL. It would sell like hotcakes. The problem, again, is Green Bay simply would be unable to handle that size of an event. If it could, I guarantee you it would be on the short list for future Super Bowls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 01:52 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,506,564 times
I suppose I could have been more clear but they play the Packers in Santa Clara, not at Lambeau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
which goes back to my original statement - I don't believe you are anything approaching a football expert. Or even a rabid fan.
That wasn't your original statement but okay. A football expert? Get a life

Old 09-23-2015, 02:55 PM

Says the guy who posts on a forum all day as "RadicalAtheist"

Old 09-23-2015, 03:51 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,981,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I will totally agree with Denver, if I understand the question. Denver is THE market that all of Colorado gets on their cable, despite some smaller local stations. Plus, it even reaches beyond. You can pick up Denver stations in Wyoming, Montana and even some Oregon locations on cable and satellite for gawd sakes.
Mostly correct, even in Denver (#17) it's overlooked that Colorado Springs-Pueblo is a separate DMA (#89) with TV, cable and radio for the southeast quadrant of the state. This issue is only around a million people live there. Grand Junction is also a separate DMA.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:34 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,506,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Says the guy who posts on a forum all day as "RadicalAtheist"
Terrific rebuttal I guess.. I don't even understand what that is a response to :/

Old 09-23-2015, 04:43 PM

3,921 posts, read 5,049,778 times
Guys, guys, guys, guys...

Can't we all just agree that the Packers suck and move along??

Old 09-23-2015, 04:47 PM

3,505 posts, read 2,735,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post

Lol, Bears/Packers is really real after all. Even at 0-2, this guy is taking shots lol.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:49 PM

3,921 posts, read 5,049,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Lol, Bears/Packers is really real after all. Even at 0-2, this guy is taking shots lol.
Hope springs eternal.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post

I like the Packers/Bears rivalry, and this earned a rep.

Vikings are a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or