U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 12:47 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,249,912 times

Advertisements

Nothing sexy about the midwest, LoL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 05:05 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Why do I get the impression you access the internet from a dial-up modem in your mom's basement?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:06 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,901,968 times
Quote:
You aren't really that provincial, are you?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:24 PM

14,304 posts, read 17,937,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
According to Adam & Eve, a major player in the $15 billion U.S. sex-toy industry, Atlantans spend more per capita on pleasure products than the residents of any other city in our survey—more than twice as much as *runners-up San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Top three sellers in Hotlanta: the Silver Bullet 2.0 vibrator, Make Me *** clit sensitizer and Adam & Eve lube.

America
Unfortunately, sex doesn't mean "sexy" - if that was the case, then Dallas, Atlanta, etc would be considered sexier than Miami, LA, NYC, etc.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Outside of parts of Chicago (i.e. downtown), I'd agree with this statement on average. Not to say there aren't sexy people in all parts of the midwest, it's just not nearly as much as the norm as if you're in say....Los Angeles. I think anybody who's been around the US enough would agree with this statement on the whole.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:52 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,356,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Unfortunately, sex doesn't mean "sexy" - if that was the case, then Dallas, Atlanta, etc would be considered sexier than Miami, LA, NYC, etc.
Agreed. However, I live in Atlanta. After reading that bit of info., it makes me wonder about the women I work with.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:54 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Outside of parts of Chicago (i.e. downtown), I'd agree with this statement on average. Not to say there aren't sexy people in all parts of the midwest, it's just not nearly as much as the norm as if you're in say....Los Angeles. I think anybody who's been around the US enough would agree with this statement on the whole.
Are you kidding me? Anybody who's been around the US and spent time in various metros should absolutely disagree.

Go to the cities where health and fitness have the biggest focus. That's where you'll find the sexiest people.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam...xlarge-169.jpg

Old 09-18-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Are you kidding me? Anybody who's been around the US and spent time in various metros should absolutely disagree.

Go to the cities where health and fitness have the biggest focus. That's where you'll find the sexiest people.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam...xlarge-169.jpg
I've been all around the US - and I spent most of my childhood in Minnesota. You can find sexy people anywhere, but on average - no. Being fit is only part of the puzzle. I grew up with a number of fit women that I would never, ever consider to be "sexy." - only a few I would say fit that bill regardless of what they do. They won the genetic lottery. Just because you've been a midfielder in soccer your whole life, doesn't mean you're automatically sexy since you're in shape. It can help, but it's not the entire picture. I can't speak about guys either, but to me at least how you dress and style yourself is a bigger part of things than how fit you are. I've seen unfit people who were a lot sexier to me than fit ones because of how they presented themselves. And I know if they put zero effort into how they looked, 99% of them wouldn't get that opinion from me.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,356,555 times
Perhaps I don't understand sexy at all. However, sexy is more an attitude than a look. A woman with glasses, her hair up, and confident, is sexy! A woman need not necessarily be fit, to be sexy.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Perhaps I don't understand sexy at all. However, sexy is more an attitude than a look. A woman with glasses, her hair up, and confident, is sexy! A woman need not necessarily be fit, to be sexy.
That's definitely part of it too. I think it varies - some people can do it without necessarily a look, others can. I think everyone has their own idea of what it means anyway. It's highly subjective. And regardless, as much as I love fit women, it doesn't make someone automatically sexy IMO just like it doesn't for guys automatically. It only helps, possibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City