U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:34 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,159,493 times

Advertisements

Come on man, Grand Rapids is a half hour from this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 10:49 AM

8,259 posts, read 13,526,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Come on man, Grand Rapids is a half hour from this:
While I prefer the beaches, that is tangential to what you said and I responded to.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:18 PM

In what way, specifically? I said that Indy was surrounded by flat farms. It is. I said GR is right next to some of the nicest freshwater beaches in the world. It is.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
In what way, specifically? I said that Indy was surrounded by flat farms. It is. I said GR is right next to some of the nicest freshwater beaches in the world. It is.
Please refer back to my previous posts. I am not interested in going around in circles.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:57 PM

That is exactly what you're doing. I said I liked the terrain around GR better than Indy, you (a local) were offended, and then you kept going around in circles when you and I both know that the area around GR is much more scenic than the area around Indy, the world's largest landlocked city. Which is double the size, and "wins" this thread in terms of the OP bullet points.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
That is exactly what you're doing. I said I liked the terrain around GR better than Indy, you (a local) were offended, and then you kept going around in circles when you and I both know that the area around GR is much more scenic than the area around Indy, the world's largest landlocked city. Which is double the size, and "wins" this thread in terms of the OP bullet points.
The fact that you think I was offended illustrates that you do not even understand what I said. Or you are intentionally playing dumb. I don't know or care. No reason to derail this thread with this nonsense. Either you understand or you don't. If you need the last word, please say whatever you need to in order to feel like you won so we can move on.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:59 PM

4,270 posts, read 3,333,628 times
Grand Rapids for sure. It is a pretty city with lots of neat attractions and culture.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:15 PM

9,483 posts, read 13,334,142 times
Lived in western MI near GR, have family in central IN including Indianapolis. I'll give you that Indianapolis has more 'stuff' because it's bigger, but if I had to live there I'd cry. GR by a mile for me.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:34 PM

4,642 posts, read 3,012,162 times
I've never been to Indy, but I have been to GR and love it.

It's a very attractive area, and for a metro of around a million it has pretty much everything you could want or need. If not, Chicago is handy.

What I really admire is that 3 very wealthy native families care about and invest in the metro, particularly Downtown & culturally - and it shows.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:38 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,035,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I've never been to Indy, but I have been to GR and love it.

It's a very attractive area, and for a metro of around a million it has pretty much everything you could want or need. If not, Chicago is handy.

What I really admire is that 3 very wealthy native families care about and invest in the metro, particularly Downtown & culturally - and it shows.
It is ironic that the three wealthiest families in Michigan hail from the Grand Rapids area. This wouldn't be a thread if it were not the case. It's definitely a heavy hitter culturally when size is considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City