Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is "Hollywood's" showcase city?
New York 12 34.29%
Los Angeles 20 57.14%
Other 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 07:51 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,631,157 times

Advertisements

NYC always tryna take something from LA. LA by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 08:31 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,423,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern100 View Post
ok the cities are wilmington north carolina, new orleans louisiana, I dont know which cities in romania they are filming in, maybe bucharest? lol

wilmington north carolina was being touted as hollywood east for a long time , carolco studios is there and tons of films and tv shows were shot there. Then a republican governor was elected and a koch brothers affiliated group campaigned against the tax incentives for the film industry and they did away with them and the film industry is a shell of its former self. tax incentives are a huge part of where a production takes place

If places dont develop homegrown studios, being an area that just hosts productions can dry up overnight if the tax incentives are taken away
They can dry up even if they have homegrown studios. If tax credits are taken away, so goes the studio money.
I can see Atlanta having an indepedent scene, but it's not gonna be something massive on it's own.

You need those big 7 studios in the mix.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,632,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern100 View Post
great stuff. I will check those films out. thanks

I found this a while back, its a very cool short drone videography of LA.

My buddy just started a drone photography company but he got shut down because he didnt have the right licenses from the FAA lol

[vimeo]136228343[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/136228343

You're friends with Ian Wood? That guy's a legend around here. Both the video you posted and the first one he did that focused on Downtown went viral, at least locally. They actually used footage from both those videos for LA's 2024 Olympic bid video:

Sorry to hear the FAA shut him down. Hopefully he can go through the right channels and get licensed. He puts out the best drone videos in Los Angeles. Now that I think about it, it was probably the popularity of his videos that drew the FAA's attention in the first place.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 PM

317 posts, read 375,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
NYC always tryna take something from LA. LA by far.
Yeah, NY just mad and jealous cuz they aint LA lolz.

#West=Best

Old 09-16-2015, 11:42 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,306,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
You're friends with Ian Wood? That guy's a legend around here. Both the video you posted and the first [vimeo]101231747[/vimeo]
[vimeo]101231747[/vimeo]
[vimeo]101231747[/vimeo]
one he did that focused on Downtown went viral, at least locally. They actually used footage from both those videos for LA's 2024 Olympic bid video:

Sorry to hear the FAA shut him down. Hopefully he can go through the right channels and get licensed. He puts out the best drone videos in Los Angeles. Now that I think about it, it was probably the popularity of his videos that drew the FAA's attention in the first place.
I actually meant a friend in richmond va who did videography / photography drone site for weddings, he didnt realize you needed faa approval for drone work . Amazing to see the drone photography for LA, glad to put a name to that amazing work. thanks for posting that video, I had never seen that one. What fantastic video you can get from drones. LA is really amazing, especially from above.

I told him he should work with google and create a "bird google street view". They have a cat "street view" now lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DnbyjgZBQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City