Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 03:53 PM

641 posts, read 802,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I understand getting away from the Democratic bandwagon. But I'm not all that keen on jumping on the Republican bandwagon either. Blacks will never see eye to eye with people like Ted Cruz and John Cornyn.
You're right.... And I get that... but we have three options... Let's discuss the three

1.) Vote Democrat

So they can continue to believe they are the best party for us and they are doing such an outstanding job with black people that they deserve the black vote. Likewise, the republican party won't even bother to tailor their agenda in a way that benefits us.

2.) Don't vote or vote Third party

First off, consider yourself a disgrace to those who died or were beaten for simply trying to vote. This will serve as a wakeup call to Democrats that they aren't doing an outstanding job and they need to do better because they are losing the black vote. Likewise, republicans will wake up and see that the black vote may be up for grabs.

3.) Vote Republican

Will serve as a wake up call to both Democrats and Republicans. Dems will think, "dag, we are losing blacks. What can we do for them now to get the vote back." Repubs will think, why are they voting for us and what can we do to ensure they keep voting for us

We need more black Republicans. Not the sambo kind but the kind that actually have black pride and will use Republican Ideologies to push the black agenda.

Use govt resources to encourage more black youth to go into business. Teach those black youth the importance of group economics and encourage them to buy from their own. Republicans are the only party that could push a black nationalist/empowerment type of movement. Democratic ideologies will not allow it. They need us to be dependent on govt to solve problems.

Don't give us fish,,, teach us how to fish and get the F' back so we can start fishing... DEMS are out of control... the black agenda has turned to a diversity agenda and we are now riding on the back of the minority bus.... behind women, behind hispanic, behind gays, behind every other demographic besides white males..... Why? b/c all of those other demographics have something you don't...fairer skin.... they dont care about your 400 years of being held back... wait a little longer and continue to ride this diversity agenda and one day, your great grandkids might benefit from liberal policies... but that will be the day america is no longer a superpower b/c the mentality that breeds that have been killed by liberal policies

It's been 50 years since LBJ said he'll have n**ers voting democrat for the next 200 years.... We're a quarter of the way there and nothing to show for it but still stuck on stupid, pulling the lever for the next Democrat...smfh

Last edited by FJB327; 10-14-2015 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 03:59 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
We have to settle for places that are simply best for black people. And I believe places like Houston is the best. We are a large % of that city. It has it's black pride. And we are not the majority like ATL, DC, Detroit. Being the majority isn't bad but being the majority with an entitlement mentality that encourages us to hold everyone else but ourselves accountable is a nightmare. That creates the ratchetness you see in ATL. At least blacks in DC have government jobs that somewhat circumvents what would be complete ratchetness that is created from that kind of liberal mentality. What also circumvents that ratchitness type mentality is not being the majority. 3 out of 4 people in Houston will not be black and we have to assimilate to survive. We are a large enough % to be powerful and make our presence felt. 1 out of 4 people in Houston will be white. And 2 out of 4 will be Hispanic. Throw in an asian every now and then and you have something beautiful down in H-Town.
I'm not going to get into all that Democrat vs. Republican mess, but I definitely agree with you that a majority black city like Atlanta definitely tends to have a certain level of ratchetness that kind of cancels out a lot of the positives that living in a majority black city that's mostly black run brings with it. I also agree that non-ratchet black folks would do better in cities that aren't majority black but that still have sizeable black populations that won't make you feel like "the only one," yet that still offer plenty of opportunity for black, white, brown, or whatever people who have the resume and the drive to succeed to be successful. Houston and are Dallas great examples of that, to me.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I'm not going to get into all that Democrat vs. Republican mess, but I definitely agree with you that a majority black city like Atlanta definitely tends to have a certain level of ratchetness that kind of cancels out a lot of the positives that living in a majority black city that's mostly black run brings with it. I also agree that non-ratchet black folks would do better in cities that aren't majority black but that still have sizeable black populations that won't make you feel like "the only one," yet that still offer plenty of opportunity for black, white, brown, or whatever people who have the resume and the drive to succeed to be successful. Houston and are Dallas great examples of that, to me.
Thank you! I know it's a touchy subject but right is right man. We don't vote Republican out of fear. Like we going back in chains but let it be known:

A lot of blacks are moving to GA and TX from other states. Both of those states have pro business republicans calling shots at the state level. Is that a coincidence?

A lot of blacks are moving out of CA and MI to go to other states. Both of those states have Democrats calling the shots at the state level and a majority democratic black city in one of those states (yes, Detroit) went bankrupt. Is that a coincidence?

Why move to TX and GA if the republican led state governments are seeking to put you back in chains and are so terrible for blacks.

Consider this for a minute. Blacks are moving out of CA like the KKK owns it. At the first Democratic Presidential Debate when Hilary was asked about her political strategy to force businesses to pay for baby leave so both parents could stay home she used CA as an example. She also invoked the DEMS infamous, "we'll make the rich pay for it" line. The question was specifically worded in a way that she has to explain how that wouldn't hurt businesses and force them to hire less people. Her response was, "California does it and they aren't having problems."

Umm,,,, yes, A black unemployment problem. A black drop out problem. Crime problem. And are having a black flight problem. SF is one of the most liberal cities in CA. Where are the blacks in SF?!?

Where are blacks fleeing to?:

More conservative states with "business friendly political strategies." Those liberal policies affect businesses by #1: making it harder to start a business (that's devastating to blacks b/c we need to own businesses and our neighborhoods) and #2: when those non black businesses make decisions to hire less people, who do you think they are hiring less of? (hurting blacks again). We are priced out of California, especially SF which is why their is black flight. We don't even have the presence of mind to patronize our own businesses and if we want to start one in CA, too bad b/c it's too expensive to do there.

So yea... keep thinking DEMs have your best interest at heart. Then migrating to conservative states and blindly voting democrat so they can eventually sit at the throne of those states that had political strategies that were more ideal for black people. We'll all be in North Dakota or Wyoming in no time when they're the only ones left with pro business conservative strategies that actually benefit us. I'm all for liberal social policies but conservative pro business fiscal strategies is what we need along with black empowerment and semi nationalism. Instead of running from the Republican party, we need to run to it, adopt it's ideology, change it, and blacken it up.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:53 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Instead of running from the Republican party, we need to run to it, adopt it's ideology, change it, and blacken it up.
Yeah but you know that's not going to happen. The Republican party is still the good ole boy network. I agree with you in principle though on what needs to happen especially regarding the ideologies. But is that a republican ideology or conservative? Those two are not mutual. And unfortunately, the black republicans are basically looked at as Sambo's today. I've always said that Blacks at heart are a conservative people. Especially socially. But it's not that we hardly vote Republican out of fear. We also don't vote republican because who represents the republican party.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:18 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Did we ever settle on criteria to be considered a black mecca?

I am not sure I even gave one.

Mine is a place where black people are moving to in much larger numbers than other cities because of actual or perceived livability factors.

My definition would exclude an already chocolate city that is receiving new black residents at a pace similar to other large cities or at a slower pace as is the case in LA.

Simple and sweat.
So, what would be an example of what you describe?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah but you know that's not going to happen. The Republican party is still the good ole boy network. I agree with you in principle though on what needs to happen especially regarding the ideologies. But is that a republican ideology or conservative? Those two are not mutual. And unfortunately, the black republicans are basically looked at as Sambo's today. I've always said that Blacks at heart are a conservative people. Especially socially. But it's not that we hardly vote Republican out of fear. We also don't vote republican because who represents the republican party.
Politics is good ole boy network period! Hell, that's life. You better believe that anyone donating 1 million plus to Hilary's campaign will be the 1st one that has her ear if she's elected.

And yes,,, sadly, black republicans look and talk like Sambos. It makes me sick to my stomach. I don't put all blame on Dems. If Repubs weren't so off putting then they'd get the vote.

And the republican party is the only party that can push that black nationalist/empowerment agenda.

Dems cannot realistically push that kind of agenda. They can make life comfortable for those of us who enjoy mediocre lifestyles but what about those of us who want more. Any type of dependance comes with control. If you depend on your current job for income, they have control over you. If you depend on housing, they control what type of slums you call home. If you depend on food stamps, they control what you eat. When will we stop giving them control and learn to depend on and control ourselves. Our fate is in our hands and with the right mentality, we can get it done.

I'd love to see the republican party blacken up but in order to do it, we have to demand the ones that are there to stop acting like sambos. We actually got to show that the black vote is up for grabs. There's 40 million black ppl in America. We far outnumber backwards thinking confederate flag waving white people. They don't control the republican party and never have. We also got to stop blindly accusing all black repubs of being sambos. I get accused of it and I'm far from it. I want blacks to thrive which can only be done through self determinism. If that is my main choice of argument and it's not pushing white guilt or holding whites or "the system" responsible for holding us back, then I'm called an uncle tom (although uncle tom was nothing like his name suggest in that book)... that's another topic,, why we call backstabbers uncle tom instead of sambo... its ignorant and it's just following the crowd like how we do blindly voting against our best interest.... we got to switch things up and be different..point blank! If that can't be done... you can keep atl,,,, ill stick to diverse center-right cities.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:09 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,907 times
Quote:
Politics is good ole boy network period! Hell, that's life. You better believe that anyone donating 1 million plus to Hilary's campaign will be the 1st one that has her ear if she's elected.

And yes,,, sadly, black republicans look and talk like Sambos. It makes me sick to my stomach. I don't put all blame on Dems. If Repubs weren't so off putting then they'd get the vote.

And the republican party is the only party that can push that black nationalist/empowerment agenda.

Dems cannot realistically push that kind of agenda. They can make life comfortable for those of us who enjoy mediocre lifestyles but what about those of us who want more. Any type of dependance comes with control. If you depend on your current job for income, they have control over you. If you depend on housing, they control what type of slums you call home. If you depend on food stamps, they control what you eat. When will we stop giving them control and learn to depend on and control ourselves. Our fate is in our hands and with the right mentality, we can get it done.

I'd love to see the republican party blacken up but in order to do it, we have to demand the ones that are there to stop acting like sambos. We actually got to show that the black vote is up for grabs. There's 40 million black ppl in America. We far outnumber backwards thinking confederate flag waving white people. They don't control the republican party and never have. We also got to stop blindly accusing all black repubs of being sambos. I get accused of it and I'm far from it. I want blacks to thrive which can only be done through self determinism. If that is my main choice of argument and it's not pushing white guilt or holding whites or "the system" responsible for holding us back, then I'm called an uncle tom (although uncle tom was nothing like his name suggest in that book)... that's another topic,, why we call backstabbers uncle tom instead of sambo... its ignorant and it's just following the crowd like how we do blindly voting against our best interest.... we got to switch things up and be different..point blank! If that can't be done... you can keep atl,,,, ill stick to diverse center-right cities.
I think Repubs could get AA's but their messaging in 2015 will not allow for that.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:26 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Being the majority isn't bad but being the majority with an entitlement mentality that encourages us to hold everyone else but ourselves accountable is a nightmare. That creates the ratchetness you see in ATL. At least blacks in DC have government jobs that somewhat circumvents what would be complete ratchetness that is created from that kind of liberal mentality. What also circumvents that ratchitness type mentality is not being the majority. 3 out of 4 people in Houston will not be black and we have to assimilate to survive. We are a large enough % to be powerful and make our presence felt. 1 out of 4 people in Houston will be white. And 2 out of 4 will be Hispanic. Throw in an asian every now and then and you have something beautiful down in H-Town.
What the hell? DC is MORE liberal than Atlanta and is just as Black in the city proper so your "argument" there makes no sense whatsoever.

And I'm not here for the respectability politics you're pushing either. Blacks are a diverse people, have different preferences, etc. just like any other group of people. To imply that we should all think, act, behave, etc. the exact same is utterly dehumanizing.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:27 PM

No. I didn't invalidate my point.

Yes, I mentioned the ratchitness of Atlanta and blamed it on a mentality that is breeded by liberal policies. In Atl, that mentality can go unchallenged on a daily basis unlike DC. Blacks actually own businesses, have political power, and can make power moves in ATL.

In DC, the federal government circumvents this. The fed govt is DC's saving grace. Yes, DC is more liberal than Atl but what circumvents it is the fact that the blacks actually have to assimilate with folks who aren't stereotypical ratchet black folks on a daily basis. DC is an international city. The federal government is diverse and discourages unprofessional behavior. Detroit is also more liberal than Atlanta. Do you want to take up that argument? Big difference between the Federal Govt and Car industry. One seeks to provide exceptional customer service to taxpayers and is well aware that any employee is a representative of the federal government. The other wants to produce excellent products to its customers and can place people away from customers on a production line. That also doesn't require the kind of education that the federal government demands.

As far as my majority comment:

When you are the dominating majority, your ideology, no matter how messed up, goes unchallenged. The racist south's ideology went unchallenged until blacks gained a voice to stand up and challenge it. Diversity is a good thing for blacks. A black majority is also a good thing as long as it's one with a society that encourages self-determinism.

And as far as respectability politics..... If you aren't discussing the most important factor (self-determinism) then you are doing people a disservice. No we all don't have to be the same. But we all should be able to agree that your fate is determined mostly by individual effort. Much like basketball or football. We don't blame the rules of the game for holding us back. We know the rules, we adapt, through self determination we work our butts off and we dominate! Throughout our history, we've advanced through individual and group effort not reliance on someone else's effort.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:52 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
No. I didn't invalidate my point.

Yes, I mentioned the ratchitness of Atlanta and blamed it on a mentality that is breeded by liberal policies. In Atl, that mentality can go unchallenged on a daily basis unlike DC. Blacks actually own businesses, have political power, and can make power moves in ATL.

In DC, the federal government circumvents this. The fed govt is DC's saving grace. Yes, DC is more liberal than Atl but what circumvents it is the fact that the blacks actually have to assimilate with folks who aren't stereotypical ratchet black folks on a daily basis. DC is an international city. The federal government is diverse and discourages unprofessional behavior. Detroit is also more liberal than Atlanta. Do you want to take up that argument? Big difference between the Federal Govt and Car industry. One seeks to provide exceptional customer service to taxpayers and is well aware that any employee is a representative of the federal government. The other wants to produce excellent products to its customers and can place people away from customers on a production line. That also doesn't require the kind of education that the federal government demands.

As far as my majority comment:

When you are the dominating majority, your ideology, no matter how messed up, goes unchallenged. The racist south's ideology went unchallenged until blacks gained a voice to stand up and challenge it. Diversity is a good thing for blacks. A black majority is also a good thing as long as it's one with a society that encourages self-determinism.

And as far as respectability politics..... If you aren't discussing the most important factor (self-determinism) then you are doing people a disservice. No we all don't have to be the same. But we all should be able to agree that your fate is determined mostly by individual effort. Much like basketball or football. We don't blame the rules of the game for holding us back. We know the rules, we adapt, through self determination we work our butts off and we dominate! Throughout our history, we've advanced through individual and group effort not reliance on someone else's effort.
This has to do with the "Party of that president", doesn't it? #dogwhistle/Iseeyou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City