U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 04:54 PM

4,642 posts, read 3,012,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This thread has disturbingly shifted.
Yes, it has. And it's reinforcing some very ugly but sadly true stereotypes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 04:56 PM

641 posts, read 492,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Interesting that you only got suggestions for strip clubs; you probably should have specified the type of venue you were looking to visit.

And the sky isn't going to fall just because two dudes ate off one plate; they paid money to eat there like everybody else. If some find this to not be "tactful" and "discreet," well that's their problem.

Oh and Suite is the spot you're talking about across from the aquarium parking garage.
Thanks! That was the spot. And yes, we started specifying. A lot of the girls were saying that they don't really go out in ATL anymore and couldn't offer suggestions. We got the recommendation to go to Suites after eating at Sweet Auburn Seafood.

I'm sure there is way more to ATL. I'll admit it is a wonderful place. I don't like the ratio of ratchet blacks to classy blacks. I don't like the routine open display of gayness. I love it for being full of black elites. Large raw numbers of upper class blacks. And for the most part, blacks in atl are african americans with black pride. I'd have a crashpad there for sure. The women are gorgeous and friendly. Once we found ourselves in places like Suites and Sweet Auburn, we started to like Atl.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:09 PM

27,708 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
If he did, that's a good point. At the end of the day, everything is a choice when you think about it. Everyone has free will to make the choices they want to make. I have some very good guy friends that I love like a brother but we keep it at that. No need to lay in bed with them. Gays choose to go a step further and be intimate. I'm sure any male could find a female to fall in love with and still have guy friends to get chill with the guys (in a non gay way).

Civil rights stemmed from a system that subjected human beings to slavery/suppression and denied them basic human rights.

Gay movement stemmed from people logically thinking: "Hmm, no matter what your religion or what you believe, the creator of human beings did not intend homosexuality to be a societal norm. This is evident by the fact that two gays or two lesbians cannot bear children which is extension of another natural instinct, "self preservation." Another clue is the demographic with the highest numbers of hiv/aids are gay males.

So be gay all you want to. What's done at your house is your business. But don't force the rest of society who conforms to natures intent to be okay with: 1.) you giving me the gay stare 2.) You making out with your gay friend at a restaurant 3.) The teachers gay kissing pictures on their desk in our childrens classroom. Gay movement isn't civil rights movement and it will never be. Get married if you want to but remain discreet and tactful with that gay stuff.
*sigh* Sexual orientation is not a choice dude. And the same arguments you're making against the LGBT community are the same arguments that were (and still are in some cases) made against Blacks. Slavery, Jim Crow, and anti-miscegenation laws were seen as preserving "God's order" so it would really behoove you to not even go there.

Quote:
Thanks! That was the spot. And yes, we started specifying. A lot of the girls were saying that they don't really go out in ATL anymore and couldn't offer suggestions. We got the recommendation to go to Suites after eating at Sweet Auburn Seafood.

I'm sure there is way more to ATL. I'll admit it is a wonderful place. I don't like the ratio of ratchet blacks to classy blacks. I don't like the routine open display of gayness. I love it for being full of black elites. Large raw numbers of upper class blacks. And for the most part, blacks in atl are african americans with black pride. I'd have a crashpad there for sure. The women are gorgeous and friendly. Once we found ourselves in places like Suites and Sweet Auburn, we started to like Atl.
Metro Atlanta has the second-largest Black population in the country, so whatever your "Black scene" is, you can find it there in appreciable numbers--professional, ratchet, religious, LGBT, artsy, etc. If you appreciate racial diversity, then it seems that you should be able to appreciate the diversity inherent within the Black community itself.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
*sigh* Sexual orientation is not a choice dude. And the same arguments you're making against the LGBT community are the same arguments that were (and still are in some cases) made against Blacks. Slavery, Jim Crow, and anti-miscegenation laws were seen as preserving "God's order" so it would really behoove you to not even go there.
True but the context in which you say this is misleading. They used the bible to "preserve God's order". They used science to justify their b/s as well: ie: comparing brains of blacks, etc.

I am not quoting God/Allah/Jesus/Moses anything. I am not mentioning some result from a b/s scientific experiment. What I am saying is: The creator of Human Beings (whoever or whatever that may be) did not intend for homosexuality to be the norm. The creator also didn't give those people the option to benefit from one form of self preservation.

Having children! There will be people on this earth 1,000 years from now thanks to the production of offspring. Why is it impossible (without human intervention) that two gays or two lesbians can not engage in this form of self preservation? B/C it was never nature's intent for them to do so. It doesn't take a doctoral degree or faith in a religion to know that if you leave a bunch of gay or lesbian couples stranded on a remote island, there will be no human life 100 years later (nature's intent). Leave heterosexual couples on that island, then there may still be life 100 years later (nature's intent). One scenario allows humans to reproduce and keep living and the other doesn't. Almost like nature says, "If you guys are going to be gay then forget it!"

I'm not homophobic. I support gays. But like another poster said, I think it should be done tactfully. No need for an NFL player to come out for media exposure or to have nude pictures of Shemar Moore in his locker. And it's equally wrong to haze him for living a discreet/tactful gay life. To each his own.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:10 PM

27,708 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Quote:
True but the context in which you say this is misleading. They used the bible to "preserve God's order". They used science to justify their b/s as well: ie: comparing brains of blacks, etc.

I am not quoting God/Allah/Jesus/Moses anything. I am not mentioning some result from a b/s scientific experiment. What I am saying is: The creator of Human Beings (whoever or whatever that may be) did not intend for homosexuality to be the norm. The creator also didn't give those people the option to benefit from one form of self preservation.

Having children! There will be people on this earth 1,000 years from now thanks to the production of offspring. Why is it impossible (without human intervention) that two gays or two lesbians can not engage in this form of self preservation? B/C it was never nature's intent for them to do so. It doesn't take a doctoral degree or faith in a religion to know that if you leave a bunch of gay or lesbian couples stranded on a remote island, there will be no human life 100 years later (nature's intent). Leave heterosexual couples on that island, then there may still be life 100 years later (nature's intent). One scenario allows humans to reproduce and keep living and the other doesn't. Almost like nature says, "If you guys are going to be gay then forget it!"

I'm not homophobic. I support gays. But like another poster said, I think it should be done tactfully. No need for an NFL player to come out for media exposure or to have nude pictures of Shemar Moore in his locker. And it's equally wrong to haze him for living a discreet/tactful gay life. To each his own.
Your logic is so seriously flawed until it's not funny. First of all, homosexuality is not "the norm;" only a small percentage of people identify as gay, and if those folks don't reproduce (and many actually have), the human race is in no danger of going extinct. This whole "remote island" scenario is dumb because if 100 random people are stranded on an island, the chances that they will consist of 50 same-sex couples is practically nil. And all religions don't teach what you're espousing, so you're in error on that front.

You don't support gays if you think it's wrong for them to live their full, authentic lives. This whole "discreet"/"tactful" language is truly bigoted thinking. If they want to hold hands with their significant other or spouse, hug each other, share a meal, etc. in public, then they have every right to do so and there's no good reason for them to avoid doing so just because some small-minded people are uncomfortable with that.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:37 PM

52,610 posts, read 75,426,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This thread has disturbingly shifted.
I promise I will bring out some tangible and relative info in relation to the thread. There are still some areas I want to present some information for.

I have a feeling it is trying to be hijacked, but I'm not going to let it happen.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:51 PM

Ok, point made, back on topic.

Black Mecca is Atlanta hands down. People shouldn't do as I did and get Black Mecca and Black Utopia confused. Atlanta is not a black utopia. No place really is and closeness to it is subjective.

But if blacks want a place with a large black presence and utopian like feel, they have plenty of options to choose from. "Utopian like" feel depends on that individual.

With that said, a black person can get an area with a large number of blacks and a near feeling of utopia in: Atlanta, Houston, DMV, NYC,

I've been to all of the above on numerous occasions. I'd relocate to any of them without hesitation if business brought me there. Dallas is a good city too but it's lacking something to give it a true utopian like feel. I can't comment on Philly or Chicago. If I had to rank those four of what utopia feels like to me it would be: Houston, DMV, Atlanta, NY ... as far as black mecca: Atl, DMV, NYC and I'm sure Philly, Bmore and Chicago belongs but I don't know much about those cities.

I also feel great in Los Angeles but we are only 7% over there. Vegas is another spot that I feel comfortable and I have to say locals in Vegas are some of the friendliest I've ever met.

Last edited by FJB327; 10-18-2015 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-18-2015, 07:17 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,031,756 times
Quote:
Yeah, you can keep that unenlightened drivel in your Republican utopia. After all, didn't your flavor of the month Ben Carson said it was a choice because of what men do in prison?

So basically, you don't care for Atlanta because you harbor bigoted attitudes towards the LGBT community. At least call a spade a spade.
Ben Carson? The very same Ben Carson who also stated that us Black People should be thankful for slavery and colonization since it helped "save us" from the "unholy satanic" practices of our Afrikan ancestors' spiritual practices and "pagan" worship by converting us to Christianity (ironically a pagan religion in and of itself)?

HE HAS MY VOTE!!! He'll be the best Negropean President EVER!!!! USA!!!

Old 10-18-2015, 07:19 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,031,756 times
So much for this thread having a civil discourse smdh.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:22 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,429,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
So much for this thread having a civil discourse smdh.
I'm surprised so many people took the troll bait and let this thread get so far off topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or