U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 10:14 PM

5,286 posts, read 3,822,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It's not worth rehashing.
You already did when you brought it up.
Quote:
That much is obvious but you "speak well" of it with caveats and your compliments are always backhanded.
Lies. Like most of us, you have a tendency to zero in on the disagreeable opinions to the point where you completely overlook the instances where I've given credit to Atlanta where it was deserved.

Backhanded or not, my opinions of the city are honest and sound. I lived there and have earned the right to call it an overrated snoozefest if I so choose.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 10:40 PM

641 posts, read 495,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post

Lies. Like most of us, you have a tendency to zero in on the disagreeable opinions to the point where you completely overlook the instances where I've given credit to Atlanta where it was deserved.

Backhanded or not, my opinions of the city are honest and sound. I lived there and have earned the right to call it an overrated snoozefest if I so choose.
+1, I was there for a week and it doesn't hold a candle to dfw or Hou. I agree with whoever questioned adding atl into a discussion with dfw or hou.

But as a black mecca, which this topic is about, it's an undeniable beast of a metro

Old 12-06-2015, 11:01 PM

27,802 posts, read 24,850,281 times
Quote:
No, I simply said what you did; I didn't go into detail.

Quote:

Well you're not unreasonable for the most part; the instances where you gave Atlanta "credit" were just you being factual. And yes, the compliments are backhanded. Just own it.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
+1, I was there for a week and it doesn't hold a candle to dfw or Hou. I agree with whoever questioned adding atl into a discussion with dfw or hou.
Lol, doesn't hold a candle how? All three are major metros offering practically the same amenities. As a visitor, you might prefer one over the others but no one is going to walk away thinking one offers substantially more overall than the others, even with Atlanta catering a bit more to tourists.

But getting back to the topic at hand, here's a different kind of ranking to consider:
https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/ran...nt-opportunity

Old 12-07-2015, 12:19 AM

12,205 posts, read 17,592,953 times
Quote:
Lol, doesn't hold a candle how? All three are major metros offering practically the same amenities. As a visitor, you might prefer one over the others but no one is going to walk away thinking one offers substantially more overall than the others, even with Atlanta catering a bit more to tourists.

But getting back to the topic at hand, here's a different kind of ranking to consider:
I know for a fact that Houston offers more than Atlanta, especially culturally.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
No, I simply said what you did; I didn't go into detail.

Well you're not unreasonable for the most part; the instances where you gave Atlanta "credit" were just you being factual. And yes, the compliments are backhanded. Just own it.
Accusing people of certain posting behavior when you aren't willing or able to support it is simply insulting. Bad forum decorum.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I agree. Dallas and Atlanta are much more comparable, but Houston is distancing itself from these two. It's food scene alone is already in a different league.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Houston has an edge in terms of its cultural venues while Atlanta has an edge with specialty/niche museums and probably recreationally. Again, overall, they are in the same league with respect to metropolitan offerings.

Quote:
Accusing people of certain posting behavior when you aren't willing or able to support it is simply insulting. Bad forum decorum.
I simply call it like I see it, Mr. "tell it like it is" Texan.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 12-07-2015 at 04:55 AM..

Old 12-07-2015, 07:48 AM

183 posts, read 173,300 times
Quote:
I agree. Dallas and Atlanta are much more comparable, but Houston is distancing itself from these two. It's food scene alone is already in a different league.
On what basis do you think Houston is distancing itself from the others?

With turmoil in OPEC, oil prices are predicted to plunge into the forseeable future. It's like some shockwaves already hit Houston's economy but the tsunami is on the way. Atlanta and Dallas are more comparable in the fact their economies will thrive with lower energy prices. That's where the distancing will come from.

Houston's overall food scene may stand out over Atlanta's, the restaurant scene isn't signifcantly better though.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:19 AM

12,205 posts, read 17,592,953 times
Quote:

This is a rather interesting list.

It's no shock that DC is on this list though. It's another reason why I think DC is #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or