U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2015, 01:10 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,290,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
VERY overrated.
People still hating on ATL smh. Whoever that thinks Atlanta is overrated for an African American never have been anywhere before. Now if you want to talk about overrated that would be every city in TX especially Austin, Dallas and Houston. They all have boring nightlife (except Austin) and are just boring cities and you know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 01:16 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,514,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
People still hating on ATL smh. Whoever that thinks Atlanta is overrated for an African American never have been anywhere before. Now if you want to talk about overrated that would be every city in TX especially Austin, Dallas and Houston. They all have boring nightlife (except Austin) and are just boring cities and you know this.
Who ever said Austin was even a contender?

Old 12-20-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Who ever said Austin was even a contender?
All I'm saying people from or living in Texas calling Atlanta overrated is the same as someone saying the beach in Galveston is better than South Beach. I'm sure someone who has never left Galveston (for example ) might think that but someone who has traveled knows that is a dumb statement. No one from TX can call Atlanta overrated. Someone from NYC, San Fran, Chicago can but someone saying this from Texas is laughable. Not into going back in forth on this because football is on

Old 12-20-2015, 03:13 PM

18,212 posts, read 25,908,730 times
Quote:
No they don't. Don't respond to a ridiculous comment by making a ridiculous comment of your own.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:19 PM

3,626 posts, read 4,348,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
VERY overrated.
Repped. Atlanta is kind of overrated but that's subjective, it's not a bad thing as long as you actually knew what Atlanta was like and not expecting the most ridiculous things. Things seemed to have calmed down now but people (mostly teenage black girls) swore up and down that all their problems would go away if they moved to ATL. No BS they would be like, "I can't wait to move to ATL so I don't gotta deal with ratchet people", "if you moved to Atlanta you'll be making bread", "I wanna go to ATL where the real men at", "it's too crazy up here, I wanna go to ATL where it's quiet and people ain't getting shot". And most of this comes from people who have never been there or only visited a couple times and do absolutely no research. The people who get their perception of Atl from rappers and TV are the main ones making it overrated.

Atlanta is still a great place though, especially for blacks. Most people I know who lived there said it's over hyped but it's a nice, fun place. That's my impression when I go down there to visit too.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Repped. Atlanta is kind of overrated but that's subjective, it's not a bad thing as long as you actually knew what Atlanta was like and not expecting the most ridiculous things. Things seemed to have calmed down now but people (mostly teenage black girls) swore up and down that all their problems would go away if they moved to ATL. No BS they would be like, "I can't wait to move to ATL so I don't gotta deal with ratchet people", "if you moved to Atlanta you'll be making bread", "I wanna go to ATL where the real men at", "it's too crazy up here, I wanna go to ATL where it's quiet and people ain't getting shot". And most of this comes from people who have never been there or only visited a couple times and do absolutely no research. The people who get their perception of Atl from rappers and TV are the main ones making it overrated.

Atlanta is still a great place though, especially for blacks. Most people I know who lived there said it's over hyped but it's a nice, fun place. That's my impression when I go down there to visit too.
Sorry but you are from Detroit so your opinion on a city outside of Cleveland or Buffalo is not credible. It's similar to someone from Minot,ND saying NYC is overrated. Atlanta is better than Detroit in every category possible. We have a better location, more things to do overall, more jobs, better restaurants, better nightlife,better colleges, better airport, better weather, we are closer to more important cities, we aren't the armpit of America, we have more job growth, better festivals, better looking people, etc, etc, etc. Like I said you are from Detroit so you are banned for giving your opinion on a city that is better than your city in every category. I'm not going go to waste any more time on the opinion of Atlanta from someone from a city that looks like an atomic bomb was dropped on it

Last edited by fieldm; 12-20-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Old 12-20-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No they don't. Don't respond to a ridiculous comment by making a ridiculous comment of your own.
Imo 1:30am last call makes it boring overall but 6th St is fun but overall Dallas and Houston are not party cities. 1:30am last call can be OK if you have to work the next day though. Not trying to go back and forth on this. If you think they have great edge cutting nightlife then so be it

Old 12-20-2015, 09:55 PM

12,202 posts, read 17,569,429 times
Quote:
imo 1:30am last call makes it boring overall but 6th st is fun but overall dallas and houston are not party cities. 1:30am last call can be ok if you have to work the next day though. Not trying to go back and forth on this. If you think they have great edge cutting nightlife then so be it
1:30?

Old 12-20-2015, 10:27 PM

12,202 posts, read 17,569,429 times
The youngest legislator in the Texas State House of Representatives is a black male from Houston.

He just filed*

Last edited by SouthernBoy205; 12-20-2015 at 10:36 PM..

Old 12-20-2015, 11:53 PM

3,626 posts, read 4,348,768 times
Quote:
Sorry but you are from Detroit so your opinion on a city outside of Cleveland or Buffalo is not credible. It's similar to someone from Minot,ND saying NYC is overrated. Atlanta is better than Detroit in every category possible. We have a better location, more things to do overall, more jobs, better restaurants, better nightlife,better colleges, better airport, better weather, we are closer to more important cities, we aren't the armpit of America, we have more job growth, better festivals, better looking people, etc, etc, etc. Like I said you are from Detroit so you are banned for giving your opinion on a city that is better than your city in every category. I'm not going go to waste any more time on the opinion of Atlanta from someone from a city that looks like an atomic bomb was dropped on it
Lol boy please... get the hell out your feelings. I was actually giving Atlanta itself some props and talking more about a group of people, many of whom know nothing about Atlanta. Also, that's BULLSH*T. I like Atlanta and all but country ass suburban sprawl, streets without sidewalks, even many main streets were built suburban with a lack of storefronts on them not to mention a retarded freeway system. And I've seen plenty of neighborhoods in even suburbs of Atlanta that are flat out ghetto. Architecture and overall culture goes to Detroit. So does sports. There are alot more nice areas in Metro Detroit than not so nice areas. In a better location? to what? rednecks? Michigan scenery is far better, not to mention across from another country. Atlanta closer to more important cities like what? Dallas, Houston, and Miami is a good 10 hour drive. Chicago, New York, Philly, DC, Toronto and Boston are all closer to Detroit. The only college in Atlanta up there with UofM is Emory which is alot smaller. What can you do in Atlanta (entertainment) that you can't do in Detroit? The only thing that sets ATL apart is the last call hour for nightlife and black colleges, oh and the gay scene, anything else is tit for tat. Atlanta's unemployment rate is less than 1% lower than Detroit's. And Detroit still has more millionaires Looking for Millionaires? Try These U.S. Cities. - Total Return - WSJ and better more wealthy suburbs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States Food scene? ahh that's a tough one, we might got y'all beat internationally https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...ies-in-america the food scene is diverse up here bruh. Better weather? only in the winter, I'll take four seasons over extremely hot and humid and not to mention flying roaches and mosquitoes the size of D batteries any day. Detroit and Atlanta both has more festivals than you will ever have time to even go to. Better looking people? ha, not really. But that's subjective too because half the time I'm trying to see if they have an Adams apple.

None of this has nothing to do with the topic but see how easy it is to be petty and act a damn fool on here... I can do it too. I never said anything disrespectful about your city and idk how Detroit got into this conversation in the first place because you obviously know nothing about it. Saying something is slightly overrated has nothing to do with where you come from. It really doesn't even have anything to do with Atlanta itself. It has everything to do with perception vs reality and you know damn well those real quotes I used are not true about Atlanta. And it would still remain untrue rather I was in Detroit, Mississippi Delta, Cali, or Cuba. Any place could be overrated or underrated in some people's opinion, it all depends on how they perceived it before they went. Now... you are BANNED for being a ignorant ass ni*ga and acting like a bit*h (oops, there I go stooping to your level again).

Last edited by MS313; 12-21-2015 at 12:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or