U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-29-2018, 11:41 AM
 
381 posts, read 146,912 times
Reputation: 196

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
“Relevant meaning populated by people that foster to the betterment of black pekple”

But the middle class neighborhoods in the city that are 90% black owned and foster to black owned businesses are irrelevant. LMFAOOO!

Ok bro. You win! Lmao!

And no Harlem’s success was pre 1970. Harlem was a dump for the next 30 years actually became more black intelligent during gentrification!
Dude if those neighborhoods you are taking about were set on fire today it would take a week for people to notice they are gone. thats how important they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2018, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
Dude if those neighborhoods you are taking about were set on fire today it would take a week for people to notice they are gone. thats how important they are.
Ummm no! And I created a thread in the NYC forum based on your insane belief that Harlem was in a position to represent black people in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

Me and you clearly have different meanings of what a Mecca is and crack spots, dead bodies and shootings every night is not my definition of one. Neither is a whole block of abondoned burned out buildings. I know a successful black neighborhood or city when I see one!

KodebLue is from Baltimore and barely knows anything about NYC and he’s notorious for incorrect information so you agreeing with him makes me chuckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Why do New Yorkers create a false narrative that if you say something about NYC that they don't like, they assume that you hit up a bunch of tourist spots and suddenly thinking you know the city? I see that here, and on the forum (you know where I'm talking about) quite often.
I didn’t even see this hilarious post lol. You aren’t from here Kodeblue so you have no narrative just like you couldn’t even provide no type of proof in the hip hop thread.

Why do out of towners like you love talking about places you don’t live in? If you speak like a tourist then I’m going to call you a tourist.

You’ll never see a New Yorker sitting online making claims and telling another person about what goes on in their city. Meanwhile that’s all you do when you log on city data and the minute someone makes a claim about Baltimore you go int defense mode and do the exact same thing that you are accusing New Yorkers for. Stop It B!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:14 PM
 
381 posts, read 146,912 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Ummm no! And I created a thread in the NYC forum based on your insane belief that Harlem was in a position to represent black people in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

Me and you clearly have different meanings of what a Mecca is and crack spots, dead bodies and shootings every night is not my definition of one. Neither is a whole block of abondoned burned out buildings. I know a successful black neighborhood or city when I see one!

KodebLue is from Baltimore and barely knows anything about NYC and he’s notorious for incorrect information so you agreeing with him makes me chuckle.
DUDE

During those dark years one of the most important contributions of black culture to the arts was created in Harlem and the south Bronx - Hip Hop, Q-Tip, Tupac Shakur, Puff Daddy, Big L, are all from Harlem. so no culture was not dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:20 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,744 posts, read 6,149,250 times
Reputation: 3598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
What are the guidelines for posting pics here? I’m bout to expose Kodeblues terminologies (yet again) by showing pics of Harlem in the 1980s and I want the people in the post to seriously think to themselves if Harlem in that state was top teir or Mecca lmao

Here is a thread showcasing much of Harlem from 1965 to 1995

Brutal New York - 1965/95 - SkyscraperCity

Yup according to Kodeblue. Burned out buildings, crack needles everywhere, abondoned burnt out buildings and yearly average of 100 homicides in 1 neighborhood was top teir. Lmao!

Now I have to question if Kodeblue is white.
You sound like those fools on that other site when you disagree with them.

I'm a black man and proud of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
Reputation: 1106
Btw if you google the Harlem Renessaince you will see enough information online that says it ended in the 1930s which makes my argument correct since that was the era of the Great Depression and also the years when the NYC subway was expanding throughout all of NYC which allowed African Americans to go and live in other communities.

So I’m not taking anything mentioned by “upthere22” seriously!

African Americans have been leaving Harlem for decades and were doing so long before gentrification!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
DUDE

During those dark years one of the most important contributions of black culture to the arts was created in Harlem and the south Bronx - Hip Hop, Q-Tip, Tupac Shakur, Puff Daddy, Big L, are all from Harlem. so no culture was not dead.
Hip hop was created in the Bronx which further aligns with my argument that the black population in NYc contributed outside of Harlem. NEXT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You sound like those fools on that other site when you disagree with them.

I'm a black man and proud of it.
There’s no disgreeing since you are 100% wrong. This is what I am telling you. And I was joking about the white part.

Harlem was a hell hole in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s and lost alot of it’s population throughout that time (which you clearly said defines losing a tier). You sound pretty arrogant! Stick to learning from a true New Yorker instead of throwing insane false facts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:27 PM
 
381 posts, read 146,912 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Hip hop was created in the Bronx which further aligns with my argument that the black population in NYc contributed outside of Harlem. NEXT!
you really dont know how uptown works, hip hop is from the south Bronx a mere 3 minutes walk across the bridge from Harlem. actually the 145th street bridge in not even 200 yards long. that dosent further your argument in any way. the Bronx is just an extension of Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
you really dont know how uptown works, hip hop is from the south Bronx a mere 3 minutes walk across the bridge from Harlem. actually the 145th street bridge in not even 200 yards long. that dosent further your argument in any way. the Bronx is just an extension of Manhattan.
Ummm I know how the whole city functions and I could care less if the south Bronx was 1 floor on top of Harlem. The Bronx created hip hop which further means that’s blacks outside of Harlem have much say in the cities black accomplishments. The only borough to ever question the start of Hip Hop was actually Queensbridge!

Lol at Bronx being extension of Harlem. ok and? Lol who in the hood actually says that?

That’s just a historical facts that nobody in NYC follows. New Yorkers are notorious for being proud of their individual borough lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top