Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 08:03 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times

Advertisements

This list is serious BS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 11:27 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
What's one of California's hottest real estate markets? Santa Monica, Newport Beach, Irvine, LA, or San Francisco? Nope, Sac-Town!

Old 12-11-2015, 05:41 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
What's one of California's hottest real estate markets? Santa Monica, Newport Beach, Irvine, LA, or San Francisco? Nope, Sac-Town!
San Diego is definitely a stranger in that list...I mean cities like San Jose are way more attractive in term of buying real state because of the tech industry..same with San Francisco and other bay area cities.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:41 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
How Exactly is Memphis a steal? I've only really read negitive things about it on here and whatnot so I'm genuinely curious.
You get a lot of house for the money.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:43 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You get a lot of house for the money.
Thats the first time I ever agreed with you on here. Memphis metro is a great buyers market, you can get a mansion for relatively cheap compared to most cities.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:20 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Doesn't Rhode Island have one of the highest property taxes in the nation? I heard it was almost out of reach for the middle class person to be able to own property in Providence.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:08 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,216,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Thats the first time I ever agreed with you on here. Memphis metro is a great buyers market, you can get a mansion for relatively cheap compared to most cities.
You can buy mansions across the street from Fair Park in Dallas cheaply but nobody wants to live there due to the crime. Most people I've met from Memphis say to stay away from the city unless you are in one of the tourist areas like Beale St. The 'burbs are somewhat safe but the City of Memphis, no.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:23 PM

5,293 posts, read 6,054,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
You can buy mansions across the street from Fair Park in Dallas cheaply but nobody wants to live there due to the crime. Most people I've met from Memphis say to stay away from the city unless you are in one of the tourist areas like Beale St. The 'burbs are somewhat safe but the City of Memphis, no.
The city is big enough to where you can still live in good neighborhoods without crime. Memphis has a fairly large footprint.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:12 AM

329 posts, read 635,598 times
The list isn't BS...

Working in Real Estate here in Memphis, I will tell you the housing market here has been on a strong rebound for almost 5 years. News articles locally here, and nationally has kept Memphis on the top ten for a market to watch, and take advantage of since.
Memphis, Tenn. - 10 hottest housing markets for 2014 - CNNMoney

Housing Market Should Be Strong in 2015 - Memphis Daily News

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/n...ng-market.html

10 Cities for Real Estate Steals - US News

Yea Memphis gets a bad rap because of crime, but realistically its exaggerated to some extent in media that hurt Memphis's image. (city data especially hardly give Memphis any love) Don't get me wrong, there's high crime infested areas. The average Memphian minding their own business, has the same chance of getting hit with crime as any other major city. When crime is examined on a smaller level, most incidents aren't "random". Most incidents here involve people in stupid situations that escalated, and so on...

In the meantime, as Memphis continues to redevelop the core. A lot of the homes in the core will remain "cheap" until property values increase in areas of development. The next few years you may not see Memphis on list for real estate deals.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:35 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Memphis metro is a great buyers market, you can get a mansion for relatively cheap compared to most cities.
You know why? Because the wages are so low in Memphis that homes HAVE to be cheaper on average, and most importantly, because nobody wants to live in Memphis these days (at least most people don't, if they can help it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City