Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the brightest future?
Toronto 149 56.23%
Boston 61 23.02%
Philly 55 20.75%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWhoSoldtheWorld View Post
Is that why Philadelphia's population is increasing?

Philly has 25 homicides this year, which is the lowest it's been on this date in ten years.

https://www.phillypolice.com/crime-maps-stats/
And NYC 30... with 7 millions more people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 12:34 AM

102 posts, read 101,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post

Good luck affording Manhattan. I hope you have money, and watch out for the knife-wielding slasher.

New York subway slashers strike again as becomes 11th victim this year | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,696 times
Quote:
Good luck affording Manhattan. I hope you have money, and watch out for the knife-wielding slasher.

New York subway slashers strike again as becomes 11th victim this year | Daily Mail Online
NYC is not Manhattan... That's why most people say they can't afford NYC because for them NYC = Manhattan...
Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx (Riverdale) and Staten Island are part of NYC.

Dude, I do not even need to think about a particular crime in Philly... I just type "philly news" and all sort of crime will popup
Geez I am bashing a city I once considered moving in...

Old 02-15-2016, 06:32 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,513,631 times
misterfart, why you always got to be so obnoxious?

Old 02-15-2016, 10:38 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,692,820 times
Quote:
Not sure why NYC is even being brought into the discussion. Yes, NYC is a safer city than Philadelphia overall, but it's also so damn expensive that it has priced out any poor minority not living in public or subsidized housing.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,692,820 times
Quote:
NYC is not Manhattan... That's why most people say they can't afford NYC because for them NYC = Manhattan...

Dude, I do not even need to think about a particular crime in Philly... I just type "philly news" and all sort of crime will popup
Geez I am bashing a city I once considered moving in...
Why would that affect your life in any way? Are you apart of the mob? Are you a drug dealer? Lol. People aren't walking around guns-blazing in the nice parts of Philadelphia.

If you could "afford" $3000-$5000 for a three bedroom apartment in Philadelphia as you proclaim, than why would you be concerned about crime in rougher parts of the city? Unless your living in North Philly or the rough parts of North Philly, you're not going to encounter anymore crime than you would in NYC/Manhattan, or the nicer parts of Boston or Toronto. So stop it with your hyperbole, it's ridiculous.

The reason for so much crime in Philadelphia and most US cities is because of cultural, employment, educational and living conditions in ghettos and run down areas across the country.

Even so, Philadelphia is safer than many US cities including Washington DC, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Memphis, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Detroit, etc. etc. the list goes on.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
No **** Sherlock.

You realize that Brooklyn and Queens are also becoming increasingly expensive now too, right?

Brooklyn most expensive place to live in U.S.: Bloomberg | am New York

Old 02-15-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Why would that affect your life in any way? Are you apart of the mob? Are you a drug dealer? Lol. People aren't walking around guns-blazing in the nice parts of Philadelphia.

If you could "afford" $3000-$5000 for a three bedroom apartment in Philadelphia as you proclaim, than why would you be concerned about crime in rougher parts of the city? Unless your living in North Philly or the rough parts of North Philly, you're not going to encounter anymore crime than you would in NYC/Manhattan, or the nicer parts of Boston or Toronto. So stop it with your hyperbole, it's ridiculous.

The reason for so much crime in Philadelphia and most US cities is because of cultural, employment, educational and living conditions in ghettos and run down areas across the country.

Even so, Philadelphia is safer than many US cities including Washington DC, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Memphis, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Detroit, etc. etc. the list goes on.

He is allergic to facts.

1 in 98 chance of violent crime in Philadelphia.

1 in 127 chance of violent crime in Boston.

With all the safety Boston gets touted for, I would think the difference is greater than that.

I think the misconception is because Boston is less gritty in appearance, it's safer.

It's also 1/3 the size of Philadelphia.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Guns are blazing in Center City!

That's why more millennials are moving to Philly than anywhere else.

Fastest-Growing Millennial Populations in 10 Largest U.S. Cities

Old 02-15-2016, 12:03 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times
Quote:
Guns are blazing in Center City!

That's why more millennials are moving to Philly than anywhere else.

Fastest-Growing Millennial Populations in 10 Largest U.S. Cities
Out of the top 10 largest cities. This doesn't include the cities like Seattle, Denver, Portland, or Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City