Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 11:17 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Still way better than one note Florida. Enjoy the exciting retirement communtiies. I know I get pumped up to drive by retirement homes.

"Florida? That's where you go to die!'

Kramer from Seinfield

There's plenty of reasons why California is far, far more populated yet being far more expensive.
It's more desirable for most, pure and simple.

The people have voted with their feet.
If I were you, I'd be more concerned about my safety given inmates are being released due to overcrowded prisons. It's just that desirable in CA.

Prisoner Release: What California Prisoner Release Tells Us

30000 total...

Better live close to retirement communities than have to deal with the above..

Old 12-22-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Oh please do. Let's talk about something that is not even possible; a state declaring bankruptcy. Please show us how and when CA declared bankruptcy.
The Biggest Reason Why California Is Bankrupt - The Atlantic

Feds would not allow them to go bankrupt, but based on what countless info points to, the state was literally bankrupt a few yrs ago..

There's more info like that out there.. in addition the state's credit rating is a lot lower than FL's (look it up).. CA was a basket case a few yrs back; similar to what is happening in Europe.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:21 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Going bankrupt implies actually declaring bankruptcy which never happened.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Going bankrupt implies actually declaring bankruptcy which never happened.
Yeah right..certain European countries did not declare bankruptcy either.. but they are virtually bankrupt.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:33 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Yeah right..certain European countries did not declare bankruptcy either.. but they are virtually bankrupt.
Well seeing as CA has a budget surplus it's not "virtually" bankrupt.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:16 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,365 times
Quote:
This is old news from 2012. Most were in DT St Pete and were out of town, drug addicts etc..(Dubbed "Family Reunification," the program covers the cost of one-way tickets for the passengers, some of whom are addicted to drugs or are mentally ill.) Either way, you don't nearly see as many homeless you see in LA in these videos.

Road to Nowhere: Homeless bused out of St. Pete, but then what? | Tampa Bay Times

Note: If you're gonna dig things from 4 yrs ago, why not talk about CA going bankrupt in 2011?

Another poster mentioned CA, especially LA, has a huge underclass(up to 45K homeless). Can't be a factor of COL, right? Must be the free pot that attracts them.

You have a tendency to refuse facing the facts..
Highly ironic.

Also if you wanna talk about 4 years ago, how about all the empty condos in DT Miami? Goes both ways.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:56 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Quote:
This is old news from 2012. Most were in DT St Pete and were out of town, drug addicts etc..(Dubbed "Family Reunification," the program covers the cost of one-way tickets for the passengers, some of whom are addicted to drugs or are mentally ill.) Either way, you don't nearly see as many homeless you see in LA in these videos.

Road to Nowhere: Homeless bused out of St. Pete, but then what? | Tampa Bay Times

Note: If you're gonna dig things from 4 yrs ago, why not talk about CA going bankrupt in 2011?

Another poster mentioned CA, especially LA, has a huge underclass(up to 45K homeless). Can't be a factor of COL, right? Must be the free pot that attracts them.

You have a tendency to refuse facing the facts..
Lol. Actually I'm not refusing any facts. I embraced the problem in both areas.

Guess you didn't read that far.

Btw, 2012 wasn't that long ago, I'm sure not much has changed. But since you brought it up, what has FL done to address this issue? At least CA improved since your bankruptcy claim, and still is one of the worlds leading economies. But by all means, keep pulling out these random, off-topic arguments.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:10 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,875 times
Quote:
If I were you, I'd be more concerned about my safety given inmates are being released due to overcrowded prisons. It's just that desirable in CA.

30000 total...

Not really. We're safer than Florida too.

LA is way safer than mismi.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 PM

If I were you if stop attracting retirees and start finding better jobs.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:

30000 total...

And we are far more desirable. It's not even close. People pay more to live here.

If cali was as cheap as Florida you brought could add another 10-15 million residents .

Last edited by Freddy K; 12-22-2015 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City