Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 11:53 PM

699 posts, read 610,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I showed you a link to Trulia with 65 closed says from the last half of 2015. Nowhere near the $2.7 million in 2014 you claim.
Ok, I realized you are a joke. I didn't claim that number, I linked to an article that reported it for you. But go ahead and claim they are lying. Doesn't make you right and means I'm waisting my time since you're just trolling. Also fix your browser, those links work perfectly well on 2 different browsers on my computer.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:57 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,435,977 times
Why don't you ever respond to the data on real state sites?

Those are the sites people use.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:59 PM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
Ok, I realized you are a joke. I didn't claim that number, I linked to an article that reported it for you. But go ahead and claim they are lying. Doesn't make you right and means I'm waisting my time since you're just trolling. Also fix your browser, those links work perfectly well on 2 different browsers on my computer.
I am trolling because I posted real home sales data from Trulia and crunched the numbers and the result was lower than you hoped for?

As I noted, that publication is not measuring the entire Miami Beach market. Trulia does and the median price for the most recent 6 months was $1.3 million. Maybe the investor guide you linked was using the "average" and excluding older resales or Normandy Isle says. That would pump up their number but it is not the real number....it is cherry picking.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
As I noted, that publication is not measuring the entire Miami Beach market.
They are not? Then show me where and why they are not. What market are they leaving out?

Old 12-26-2015, 12:02 AM

He's the master cherry picker.
It's all he does.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
They are not? Then show me where and why they are not. What market are they leaving out?
Realtor.com
Trulia.com

Not hard to find cherry picker

Mismi is way, way cheaper than la.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
They don't explain their methodology. Note my post #383 for possible explanations. But clearly something is amiss if you look at the trulia data....

Old 12-26-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
They don't explain their methodology. Note my post #383 for possible explanations. But clearly something is amiss if you look at the trulia data....
Nothing is 'amiss'. You tried to guess they were using only 'new' developments. Am I right? Or are you backing away from that, because they specifically focused on pre-construction units and compared them to release. You also tried to say they were focusing on luxury units, lol.

I have no words to say about your amateur hour attempts at calculating from Trulia, except amusement. Go on Zillow, put "home" [uncheck apartment, townhouse, condo, etc] and see just what kind of inventory you are working with.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:31 AM

Trulia.com and Realtor.com data is right there for each city.
You don't have to look for anything

Does zillow hsve actual median home prices or not?
I just see listings.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Nothing is 'amiss'. You tried to guess they were using only 'new' developments. Am I right? Or are you backing away from that, because they specifically focused on pre-construction units and compared them to release. You also tried to say they were focusing on luxury units, lol.

I have no words to say about your amateur hour attempts at calculating from Trulia, except amusement..
As I stated, the chart which reports a $2.7 million "average" sale price for a Miami Beach home has no source or explanation of methodology.

However, from looking at the map they have of Miami Beach it does appear they have EXCLUDED the Normandy Island neighborhood from their definition of Miami Beach. Normandy Island is part of the municipality of Miami Beach and those resale homes were definitely among the lowest in the Trulia home sale data. So yes, they are cherry picking. That serves their purposes just fine: they are targeting the luxury/high-end of the market as their material makes clear. However, it is misleading of you to claim $2.7 million as the average price of a SFH in Miami Beach because it is NOT true.

Calculating a median sales price with excel is very fast and easy. That results in a $1.3 million median home price in Miami Beach (including the Normandy Isle neighborhood). Your "investors guide" chose to report the mathematical average which is another way skew the number upward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City