Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better
Minneapolis 127 69.40%
San Jose 56 30.60%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 10:20 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,922,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIMBY View Post
Hahahahahahaha. Almost every building in downtown Minneapolis is more appealing than the San Jose city hall.

No one would consider San Jose world class - or Minneapolis

Yes, I have been to San Jose and I'm not impressed with suburban-style cities. Great weather, but I have no desire to ever go back. Had you ever been to Minneapolis, you would know downtown MPLS has grocery stores, drug stores, transportation options, coffee shops, etc... There isn't a movie in the heart of downtown, but there is one right across the river. Not sure why you have such a hard on for movie theaters. Honestly, why on earth would you support an industry that is full of paedophiles and sexual abuse?
Remember: San Jose is a city with urban core and urban areas in the middle and suburban on the outskirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Yimby, any building as unique as Apple spaceship or its second new headquarters' new 3 curved buildings? NO. San Jose is a world class city by many organizations, not Minneapolis.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIMBY View Post
Hahahahahahaha. Almost every building in downtown Minneapolis is more appealing than the San Jose city hall.

No one would consider San Jose world class - or Minneapolis

Yes, I have been to San Jose and I'm not impressed with suburban-style cities. Great weather, but I have no desire to ever go back. Had you ever been to Minneapolis, you would know downtown MPLS has grocery stores, drug stores, transportation options, coffee shops, etc... There isn't a movie in the heart of downtown, but there is one right across the river. Not sure why you have such a hard on for movie theaters. Honestly, why on earth would you support an industry that is full of paedophiles and sexual abuse?
What's your favorite building in Minneapolis? Bet San Jose will easily top that

Old 02-03-2018, 11:10 AM

12,154 posts, read 7,975,986 times
it gets cold but Minneapolis is better IMO

Old 02-03-2018, 12:49 PM

7,642 posts, read 4,589,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
It isn't just about height. It's about having a more attractive and nicer downtown than just really tall buildings since small cities have really tall buildings. Architecturally, SJ city hall is prettier than any of the buildings in Minneapolis. Samsung new building is also so pretty and unique. Anyway, San Jose is high tech capital of the world, and no place can even touch that. The weather has also been so good: 70 just about everyday in the winter. Can't beat that.
Sorry man. Despite what your girl told you, size matters.

But don't sweat it man. She told me last night that you have really cute architecture and she totally digs it. She came over cuz it was a bit cooler than 70 last night and needed someone who knew how to warm a space when the sun goes down.

Don't get mad at her, k? You were busy working your tech job.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:57 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,843,744 times
I don't think this guy is working age. The pattern of incessant BS about San Jose is more like a teenager trying to get a rise out of people.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:07 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
I don't think this guy is working age. The pattern of incessant BS about San Jose is more like a teenager trying to get a rise out of people.
That's honestly quite characteristic of insecure people from the Bay Area. Why do you think some of the worst boasters are from there? And why do you think the Bay Area has such a pure hatred for LA when it's not reciprocal?

Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
That's honestly quite characteristic of insecure people from the Bay Area. Why do you think some of the worst boasters are from there? And why do you think the Bay Area has such a pure hatred for LA when it's not reciprocal?
Got it wrong, bro: L.A is the best city in the country. L.A rules and provides!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:29 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,883,890 times
Quote:
Got it wrong, bro: L.A is the best city in the country. L.A rules and provides!!!!!!!!!!
You must be at recess or on lunch break, at school.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:45 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,983,660 times
Quote:
Yimby, any building as unique as Apple spaceship or its second new headquarters' new 3 curved buildings? NO. San Jose is a world class city by many organizations, not Minneapolis.
You've been rambling about downtown areas; Apple isn't located in downtown San Jose. Also, I don't care about suburban, corporate campuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
I'm starting to think he actually hates San Jose and is getting a kick out of people stating negative things about the place. Whatever the case, he is a major troll.

Last edited by YIMBY; 02-05-2018 at 09:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City