Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:41 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,400,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyFood View Post
Just someone who calls out Boston on it's bull****. I back myself up with stats and anecdotes, some of which are the exact same as others on this site.

A 13 year old wouldn't use data to support their stance. They'd just say "xyz sucks cause it sucks!"

Legitimately. As someone ELSE said on the first page, how is Boston "cool"? It's very posh and uptight. There is no edge to the city at all. Philadelphia on the other hand, does have edge. There is a great vibe to Philly, especially gentrifying areas in NoLib and Fishtown as someone else stated. The bar scene is great and so is the food scene. The music scene is cheap and booming and art is everywhere. Philly is totally trending right now, especially among millennials. The gritty and cool vibe of Philly is similar to Brooklyn.

Boston does have archaic drinking laws (thank the Puritan roots) and just scrapped their late-night T service for fun nights out.

Sooooo?
Yeah, but an adult doesn't dedicate their life to hating a city anonymously on a message board.

Last edited by The_General; 03-24-2016 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 08:43 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Boston is a great city for education, history, colonial architecture, tech (somewhat), medical and sports (if you like cheaters), but it ain't cool.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:43 PM

114 posts, read 241,391 times
Quote:
Just someone who calls out Boston on it's bull****. I back myself up with stats and anecdotes, some of which are the exact same as others on this site.

A 13 year old wouldn't use data to support their stance. They'd just say "xyz sucks cause it sucks!"

Legitimately. As someone ELSE said on the first page, how is Boston "cool"? It's very posh and uptight. There is no edge to the city at all. Philadelphia on the other hand, does have edge. There is a great vibe to Philly, especially gentrifying areas in NoLib and Fishtown as someone else stated. The bar scene is great and so is the food scene. The music scene is cheap and booming and art is everywhere. Philly is totally trending right now, especially among millennials. The gritty and cool vibe of Philly is similar to Brooklyn.

Boston does have archaic drinking laws (thank the Puritan roots) and just scrapped their late-night T service for fun nights out.

Sooooo?
I'd agree, though Boston is different and interesting as a city in many aspects, the vibe of of the city felt very......well....Sqaure.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:52 PM

108 posts, read 134,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane73 View Post
I'd agree, though Boston is different and interesting as a city in many aspects, the vibe of of the city felt very......well....Sqaure.

Exactly. It's square. It's uptight.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:27 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Washington DC is a pretty cool city right now, especially with the Cherry Blossoms near peak bloom.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:37 AM

998 posts, read 1,249,966 times
Richmond
Redondo, Hermosa and Manhatten Beach CA
Roanoke
Encinitas CA

Old 03-25-2016, 07:21 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:

Sooooo?
Otherwise known as vast swaths of third world neighborhoods.

Seriously, I can streetview the entire city of Philadelphia and 9 out of 10 times I do it, I end up in what looks like a cesspool.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-25-2016 at 07:34 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 07:54 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,192,034 times
Maybe people are just jumping on the bandwagon, or haven't lived there or spent time there, but Chicago is definitely cool as hell, and a much cooler place in my opinion than just about every city on either coast (you can surmise which city(s) you think might be as cool or cooler). This Chicago hatred is out of control right now.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:09 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Maybe people are just jumping on the bandwagon, or haven't lived there or spent time there, but Chicago is definitely cool as hell, and a much cooler place in my opinion than just about every city on either coast (you can surmise which city(s) you think might be as cool or cooler). This Chicago hatred is out of control right now.
People always laugh when I say Chicago is underrated, but it seriouslyi people always laugh when I say Chicago is underrated, but it seriously is. It's got great name value, but people really don't know that much about the city.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:36 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Uptight Boston is cool but edgy and gritty Philadelphia isn't?

You're aware that it has the most public art in the country, right?
Quote:
Boston's archaic drinking laws and recent cancellation of late-night T service definitely make it hip and cool!
Quote:
I didn't say it.
Quote:

Sooooo?
We get it - you don't like Boston. You do realize most of the threads on this site, such as the on where you've made multiple posts about how much you don't like Boston, are based on opinion right? You do know what an opinion is, don't you?

You're getting pretty pathetic with your posts attempting to trash Boston.

Last edited by TAM88; 03-25-2016 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City