Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:49 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,884,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
What i am surprised about is how Nyc didn't make the list,New York is supposed to be the city with the highest amount of Bloods outside of Los Angeles County of course.Rikers island is Blood Central so that's odd that New York wasn't on here.

Another thing is i wonder if Chicago has strict Gang controlled laws like Los Angeles ? 3 in a crowd out on the corner is Jail time in California,Gang injunctions & Enhancements where police can lock you up based off your tattoos,White T shirt,Colors & sweep hundreds of thousands off the streets plus the 3 strike laws.Chicago gangs seem like they're still allowed to hang out 10 or more on corners.In Los Angeles everything is very strict about Gang violence.Maybe why Chicago is still kinda bad.Law enforcement out there need to take notes from New York & California Street Laws.
Are you serious? Some of this stuff sounds pretty illegal. Arresting somebody for what kind of tattoos they have sounds like a violation of "freedom of speech", also arresting people for standing around on any public street sounds pretty illegal as well. It sounds like a big opportunity for lawsuits. As for Chicago, a racially segregated city, discrimination would be through the roof as I'm sure they won't be going after elderly church ladies or yuppie types in business suits, standing around having a conversation on a public street. I find this article on Chicago, it's old but they ruled it unconstitutional.
Untitled3
As for being arrested because the police don't like what your wearing (White T's, ect)... That also sounds illegal.

I'm all for getting thugs off the street, but I'm against arresting people simply because of what they look like because there would be a hell of a lot of innocent people being arrested for doing nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,068,399 times
I think he means if their is a group of three loitering then maybe they may get in trouble for loitering on a corner. I wish that being part of a gang was illegal but then that would infringe on freedom of speech.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:53 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Are you serious? Some of this stuff sounds pretty illegal. Arresting somebody for what kind of tattoos they have sounds like a violation of "freedom of speech", also arresting people for standing around on any public street sounds pretty illegal as well. It sounds like a big opportunity for lawsuits. As for Chicago, a racially segregated city, discrimination would be through the roof as I'm sure they won't be going after elderly church ladies or yuppie types in business suits, standing around having a conversation on a public street. I find this article on Chicago, it's old but they ruled it unconstitutional.
Untitled3
As for being arrested because the police don't like what your wearing (White T's, ect)... That also sounds illegal.

I'm all for getting thugs off the street, but I'm against arresting people simply because of what they look like because there would be a hell of a lot of innocent people being arrested for doing nothing.
It's been litigated over and over again. what Kobe 24 said is true. it's called a gang injunction. They are all over Los Angeles. That combined with a couple other factors, makes it pretty hard to associated with gang members in CA like they used to.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:24 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,984,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
As I have said in the past, Minneapolis is actually very ghetto, with tons of gang members. Proof is in the pudding.
and you are very delayed for posting such nonsense.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,921 times
Jamills21,

Exactly

Old 04-11-2016, 03:41 PM

2,693 posts, read 3,187,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
It's been litigated over and over again. what Kobe 24 said is true. it's called a gang injunction. They are all over Los Angeles. That combined with a couple other factors, makes it pretty hard to associated with gang members in CA like they used to.
To answer Kobe25's question, no, Chicago does not have this. Chicago had an anti-loitering ordinance in regards to gangs in the 90s, but it was thrown out by the IL Supreme Court, which was later affirmed by SCOTUS, for essentially being too vague. It does not appear that Chicago tried again after this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_o...ago_v._Morales
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City