Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Northern California VS Southern Florida
Northern California 37 59.68%
Southern Florida 25 40.32%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:02 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,640,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Radio talk show host Michael Savage, who lives in Northern CA, calls SF 'San Fransicko'; repeatedly has stated in his radio show that the homeless/druggies defecate on the streets and if you let any groceries in your car, people break the windows to take them. Overall he says CA has gone down the hill. What are we to believe, a respected professional or CD opinions? Though Northern CA is not just SF, it says a lot about quality of life in Northern CA, especially large cities. I would say South FL wins in every category except in economy, mass transit and education(given CA was established a lot earlier than FL).
Well if Michael Savage said it then it must be true. Though I'm not surprised, it's pretty obvious you can't think for yourself and lack actual experience visiting or living elsewhere.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:51 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,174,514 times
Quote:
Radio talk show host Michael Savage, who lives in Northern CA, calls SF 'San Fransicko'; repeatedly has stated in his radio show that the homeless/druggies defecate on the streets and if you let any groceries in your car, people break the windows to take them. Overall he says CA has gone down the hill. What are we to believe, a respected professional or CD opinions? Though Northern CA is not just SF, it says a lot about quality of life in Northern CA, especially large cities. I would say South FL wins in every category except in economy, mass transit and education(given CA was established a lot earlier than FL).
Yea, South Florida doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation either when it comes to crime, the homeless and the depraved (remember the Miami Zombie?). Just a weird tangent here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well if Michael Savage said it then it must be true. Though I'm not surprised, it's pretty obvious you can't think for yourself and lack actual experience visiting or living elsewhere.
Well said.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:53 AM

76 posts, read 122,890 times
No to both. There is also drug problem and crime up in Nor Cal not to mention the COL. I was in a forum that was talking about crowds, crime, sink holes, humidity, mosquitos and alligators in a florida forum.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:57 AM

37 posts, read 44,455 times
I've already saw that thread in the past. Purposely avoided SO CAL and I'm biased against SO CAL . SOUTH FLORIDA WOULD WIN EVERY CATEGORY IN MY BOOK.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,115,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISpeakTruth330 View Post
I've already saw that thread in the past. Purposely avoided SO CAL and I'm biased against SO CAL . SOUTH FLORIDA WOULD WIN EVERY CATEGORY IN MY BOOK.

Your book is incorrect then, because you are talking a huge area much bigger than SoFla, San Diego, OC, LA, Ventura County, Santa Barbara. So Fla loses badly over that area.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:21 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well, he has a PhD, what do you have? Give him a call and try to convince him. He says CA has become a dump in many ways(and he lives there).

I lived in NYC for 7 yrs, also graduated from the same university as he did. In addition I lived in Europe for a while so know how they function(CA is the same, welfare state). Let's reconvene when you overcome the la la land syndrome.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Yea, South Florida doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation either when it comes to crime, the homeless and the depraved (remember the Miami Zombie?). Just a weird tangent here.

Well said.
CA is drug central..legalized pot first..everyone else follows.

San Francisco Meth Zombies - Drugs, Inc. Gallery - National Geographic Channel

Old 05-20-2016, 03:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,115,340 times
Quote:
CA is drug central..legalized pot first..everyone else follows.

San Francisco Meth Zombies - Drugs, Inc. Gallery - National Geographic Channel

South Florida is the drug capital, its like a reverse funnel...

Old 05-20-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
South Florida is the drug capital, its like a reverse funnel...
Yeah right. Can you say Mexican drug cartel? A lot closer to CA(South or North) than South FL.

Drug 'super tunnel' with railway raided on Mexico border - CNN.com

Old 05-20-2016, 03:56 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,640,365 times
Quote:
Well, he has a PhD, what do you have? Give him a call and try to convince him. He says CA has become a dump in many ways(and he lives there).

I lived in NYC for 7 yrs, also graduated from the same university as he did. In addition I lived in Europe for a while so know how they function(CA is the same, welfare state). Let's reconvene when you overcome the la la land syndrome.
I have a brain and can think for myself. Apparently you don't and just go with whatever some random radio personality tells you like a sheep. Yeah exactly he still lives here despite having the means and ability to live anywhere yet he chooses to stay in CA instead of someplace like Floriduh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City