Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:42 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,624,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I would say St. Louis.
We are RADIOACTIVE.
so that's what's keeping everyone away?

j/k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,394,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I felt a negative impoverished vibe in New Orleans.
If New Orleans is considered one the more friendly American cities, it means that your opinion falls far outside the consensus.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:59 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
If New Orleans is considered one the more friendly American cities, it means that your opinion falls far outside the consensus.
I think New Orleans is alot of fun and love the city but once you get out of the nicer area the city has alot of improvished areas, more then the usual you see in typical cities.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:04 AM

429 posts, read 479,132 times
How could you leave out San Francisco? I'd argue it has the most unique energy of any city in the country. A sort of crazy, anything can happen, anything goes, wild spirit that is so distinct and can't be found anywhere else.

And of course you blend that with the city's unique archjtecture, rolling hills, incredibly crowded streets, and stunning setting and you get a feeling and energy that's incomparable and hard to describe. Even with the recent gentrification, San Francisxo still just oozes character and soul.

You mentioned Miami - I guess you could say it's energy unique but it feels about as fake and plastic as a city can

Old 06-04-2016, 04:49 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,957,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward234 View Post
How could you leave out San Francisco? I'd argue it has the most unique energy of any city in the country. A sort of crazy, anything can happen, anything goes, wild spirit that is so distinct and can't be found anywhere else.

And of course you blend that with the city's unique archjtecture, rolling hills, incredibly crowded streets, and stunning setting and you get a feeling and energy that's incomparable and hard to describe. Even with the recent gentrification, San Francisxo still just oozes character and soul.

You mentioned Miami - I guess you could say it's energy unique but it feels about as fake and plastic as a city can
Whenever I see something like this, I wonder if the person is actually spent any time in Miami, or whether they just went to South Beach.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:40 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward234 View Post

You sound like a booster. SF most unique energy? You're kidding right?

I don't think you explored Miami thoroughly if you been. Miami has a more unique energy than Sam Francisco.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:46 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,957,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
You sound like a booster. SF most unique energy? You're kidding right?

I don't think you explored Miami thoroughly if you been. Miami has a more unique energy than Sam Francisco.
I think a lot of people's impressions of SF are based on the 50s-00s.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 AM

283 posts, read 259,813 times
Good list, I'd add Nashville, Portland, and Boston as well for having a unique vibe to them too.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:44 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,394,692 times
Greenville SC is unique and has a lot of pizazz.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:37 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachF View Post
Good list, I'd add Nashville, Portland, and Boston as well for having a unique vibe to them too.
You chose the most....

You know what, nvm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City