Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 09:56 AM

4,516 posts, read 5,090,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
Montreal: Its a mix of European, Quebecois, Canadian, North American vibe, with a very happy, fun energy. I can't explain it, but Montreal has a unique energy that you can't find anywhere else. It's very electric, high tempo, vibrant, non-stop action and theres always something for everyone.
I'll second this... I luuuuuuuv Montreal. You can essentially experience Europe without leaving North America. And Montreal is an incredibly vibrant city that is also compact and very well served by mass transit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 01:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Tacoma a unique energy? Compared to a place like NYC, Miami or New Orleans yeah right.

This isn't towards you, but I think people are missing the point of the thread. Every city has a unique aspects in its energy, from Houston to Santa Barbara. The point of this thread is to hear what people think are the MOST unique cities in regards to energy.

New York
LA
Miami
San Francisco
New Orleans
Boston
Chicago
Las Vegas
Smaller places like:
Charleston
Santa Barbara
Santa Fe
Georgetown

Old 08-22-2022, 01:37 PM

10 posts, read 4,334 times
New Orleans, Nashville, New York City, Salt Lake City, Denver, Boston

Old 08-22-2022, 02:00 PM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslac View Post
New Orleans, Nashville, New York City, Salt Lake City, Denver, Boston
Denver And Salt Lake City? Uhh no

Old 08-26-2022, 06:48 PM

817 posts, read 596,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Denver has a incredible vibe--it's youthful, adventurous, modestly progressive, laid back, and caught precariously between its Great Plains roots and location and the great moubtain wilderness in its backyard. The vibe is actually among the things people talk about most.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:02 PM

10 posts, read 4,334 times
Quote:
Denver has a unique hippie and stoner culture and Salt Lake City has a lot of Mormons.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:23 PM

146 posts, read 152,004 times
I would probably say Memphis, at least from my experience. It's the only city I know of where the music scene is more focused on rock and blues rather than jazz or country. Also, the pyramid.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:47 PM

6,372 posts, read 4,985,124 times
Since we already have a thread going about the most unique North American cities, I'll try to think about cities that have unique energy but aren't that unique on paper, and also the reverse...

Unique energy but not unique on paper

SF (even just the tech scene here feels very different from Seattle, in a way I find hard to describe)
Chicago (could be biased here but I really haven't found anywhere else in the country that feels like Chicago in street design, neighborhood layout, architecture etc.)
St. Louis

Unique on paper but not unique energy

Houston
Oakland
Las Vegas
LA
NYC outside upper Manhattan + the Bronx

Old 09-28-2022, 04:20 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
I'd think SLC has a unique energy by virtue of the Mormon presence.

Old 04-30-2023, 01:00 AM

90 posts, read 55,400 times
NYC has Mega City Energy ( Manhattan )

Los Angeles has Mega City Energy in a Mega State
( California )

New Orleans has a mystical Energy

Las Vegas kinda has a NYC vibe with the 24/7 Lifestyle there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City