Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 09:35 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,601,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
There's nothing in central Florida that compares to Bellaire Blvd in Houston in this category.
I won't debate that, because I really have no idea with regards to Bellaire Blvd. Also, I wouldn't begin to know how to draw up a comprehensive international statistic number base, for Central Florida(A region of 8 million+ residents). I was just going by what I've observed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 10:16 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Is it the best in the South, though?
The thread title is plural. I wasn't suggesting it is THE best.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:55 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,098,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
The thread title is plural.
You're right. My bad. I didn't notice that at first.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:56 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,427,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
The Buford highway is great, but it's the only international district Atlanta has. Houston and Miami have multiple ones.
Are these " districts" are just known areas where there is a heavy concentration of international dining and residential options?`
No its not.It may be the most popular but it is certainly not the only one.

I live just South of Atlanta. There is Jonesboro Road and although less populated or known its very similar to Buford Hwy.
You can eat your choice of Thai,Cambodia,Vietnamese,Jamaican,Mexican,Guatemal an and within a mile there are Nigerian and more.
Not to mention several International Markets.

Ston Mountain also you have many different Jamaican,Dominican,Haitian and several other island foods as well as Indian,Nigeran,Ethiopian etc
All across the metro there are areas that are heavily international although some of them do lean more toward one or two groups.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 978 times
Hopefully Austin will be competing with Houston and Dallas soon for Texas.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:55 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,474,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafa11 View Post
Hopefully Austin will be competing with Houston and Dallas soon for Texas.
In international flavor? Absolutely not. It is competing in other ways though.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:09 PM

9,847 posts, read 6,562,879 times
I see Bellaire Blvd was mentioned here. And you take a left from Bellaire onto Hillcroft and the point strengthens. In terms of “the whole world”, there’s not many places that beat out SW Houston outside of Queens. You can wind up in a Chinese, Vietnamese, Central American, Indian, and African within minutes.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:35 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
I’m gonna say Houston for diversity of corridors, but Miami is up there too.

Dallas has Jefferson Blvd and the Asian Trade District. The other major ethnic enclaves are scattered all over and built in with the surrounding neighborhoods. Buford Hwy in Atlanta is a contender, but not on as large of a scale as you see in the other big 3.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:55 PM

56 posts, read 47,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
It looks like a hot mess, but Nolensville Pike in Nashville has a blend of Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and Asian businesses (with a few other cultures mixed in).
Looking at how Nashville is growing is diversifying i second this

Old 10-06-2021, 06:17 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,917,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I’m gonna say Houston for diversity of corridors, but Miami is up there too.

Dallas has Jefferson Blvd and the Asian Trade District. The other major ethnic enclaves are scattered all over and built in with the surrounding neighborhoods. Buford Hwy in Atlanta is a contender, but not on as large of a scale as you see in the other big 3.
Not true at all. Buford Hwy spans 3 Counties, and has a totally impressive array of multiple ethnicities represented. Where it really shines is with Korean places, and only Dallas can touch that. Miami is extremely weak with Asian food, especially considering its size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City