Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 09:21 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,959,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoGoSomewhere View Post
Most Bruins fans were born in 2011 after their Cup, that's why.

There is a huge bandwagon element to Boston sports nobody ever talks about.

We wouldn't be seeing half the Boston fans we do now without their success.
Sox fans are the real deal, but Pats, Bruins and even Celtics fandom wanes. I do believe that that the Pats have been dominant long enough to weather a bad decade now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,817,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Sox fans are the real deal, but Pats, Bruins and even Celtics fandom wanes. I do believe that that the Pats have been dominant long enough to weather a bad decade now.
Red Sox fans are pretty much the worst, most annoying fans of any team in the country. Right there ahead of Duke basketball fans.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:41 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,817,059 times
Quote:
Talk to a Boston sports fan and then talk to a Philly sports fan. Then see which one you want to punch in the face first, guarantee it'll be the Boston fan.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:48 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Quote:
I can't stand Pittsburgh. The Penguins are the luckiest franchise in sports if you ask me. Major bandwagon element there so I agree 110% with you. They were gifted three of the four greatest players in hockey history (Lemieux, Malkin, Crosby). Jagr was picked I think 4th or 5th. They needed Sidney Crosby to keep them from relocating. Now they have two more Cups and they're the NHL's greatest gift to earth.

I give Chicago and Boston **** equally when it comes to the bandwagon element. The Blackhawks were worse than the Bruins were just ten years ago, ESPN named them the worst franchise in sports.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Worst franchise: Blackhawks

That being said, Blackhawks fans aren't nearly as arrogant as Bruins fans because the Bruins fans have totally ****ing piggy-backed on the success of the other three teams, that's why it's annoying. It would be less annoying if the Bruins were the only Boston team to win a championship in the last 16 years.

Blackhawks fans are less annoying because they're the only success story in Chicago. Boston had the Patriots and Red Sox winning 5 titles by the time the woeful Celtics and Bruins were winning theirs in 2008 and 2011. "Look at all our teams winning bro!" "Broooons! (even though I can't name half the roster, who the hell is Chara?)"

There is a reason Boston is home to 3/4 best rivalries in American sports? Here we go with that Boston ego-centrism again.

The Canadiens own the Bruins, there is no rivalry, especially after a number of players have left. It was a great rivalry from 2011-2014 though. It'll go back to being dormant again. Montreal is a much better team. Lucic is gone. Weise is gone. Subban is gone. The Bruins only have a handful of players left from the 2011 Cup. Bergeron isn't going anywhere but Chara will retire or be moved soon, Marchand may leave for a payday in free agency and Julien doesn't have forever.

The Yankees and Red Sox rivalry is deader than dead. You have to be ****ing joking here. It's a total snoozefest. My friend lives in Boston and I specifically asked him about it and he said aside a few Southie bros nobody cares anymore. Just because ESPN plays it off as one doesn't mean it's still there.

New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox Rivalry Is Dead | Elite Sports NY

Red Sox-Yankees rivalry dead: How to fix - SweetSpot- ESPN

RIP Red Sox – Yankees Rivalry: 1918 – 2016 - Barstool Sports

It’s Time For Red Sox-Yankees Rivalry To Reignite « CBS Boston

Is the Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry Dead? - Bronx Pinstripes | BronxPinstripes.com

Big Papi homers after saying Yankees-Red Sox rivalry all but dead | New York Post

Another friend of mine actually made a status about it on Facebook a few weeks ago when they played. "Oh hey everyone it's Yankees and Red Sox on ESPN. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz"

Lakers and Celtics? The Lakers are terrible and the Celtics are mediocre.

Sorry dude. Nobody outside Boston cares or thinks Boston noses their way into every rivalry that matters.

These three Boston rivalries are either deader than dead or total snoozefests right now.
Please name a great sports city, and I will post a stat that says they are full of Bandwagon fans?
Name a better Rivalry in Basketball than the Celtics-Lakers?
There is a reason that Kobe's 3 best games were against the Celtics, against the Celtics and his last game.
Because there is still the best rivalry in Basketball between those two teams.
Bruins-Canadiens is still very much alive.
Of course the rivalry fades when nothing is at stake but it is still there, I'm sure they will be a singing a different tune if the Red Sox-Yankees are battling it out for a wildcard berth in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City