Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 02:30 AM

977 posts, read 1,003,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes everyone has their own opinion. One of my new hires is from Issaquah, WA and cant stop talking about how much more cosmopolitan and worldly the Bay Area is than Seattle.
Well the Bay Area is WAYY bigger than Seattle area so I couldn't imagine why it would feel more worldly? It's bigger, with more people, and more influence !

And I don't care about the cosmopolitan part. People are people and sometimes I get in a superficial mood where I feel like race matters but in reality it doesn't. Diversity of opinion, traits, and attitudes is WAYY more important than seeing people that look different. Just because people look different doesn't mean they are any different than you. It doesn't make the environment "diverse". Think about how racist that is. Just because someone is Asian or black must mean they are different than you? You could have a real diverse bunch of white people, or Asians. But that can't be a diverse environment because you have the same genes? Just because they have different genetics than you really means nothing. And saying that a bunch of people around aren't all the same race creates a "Diverse" area really makes NO sense to me. Anyways, I guess I am not capable of understand that OR people that think that have been sheep that have been lead astray. It's kinda like a fad. I don't think anyone cared till politicians started bringing it up. It makes no sense to me. Oh well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:57 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,898,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
I think Seattle is WAY out of San joses league at least in downtowns. I think Bellevue is too. Bellevue has a great mall in downtown, is prettier and I don't know I just like it better. I will agree with you on the the puget sound area is NOT really into night life at all. I just don't like San Jose. San Jose where I was wasn't cosmopolitan. The whole main mall the Westfield was like 90% Asian people. Right when I drove to it from San fransisco I didn't even really want to explore it really. I LOVE san fransisco tho. Compare Seattle with San Francisco. San Fransisco was so nice and Mediteranian feeling even LA, San Jose really just reminded me of a big dusty suburb, with some tall buildings. And when I said moving north I meant to San Fransisco not Seattle, but when I think about it I think I would rather been in Seattle than San Jose too. I really can't find why tec companies have a draw to the valley, maybe I didn't explore enough? Or need to spend more time?

Hey how is Palo Alto? Someone should tell me about it! I keep hearing about it for like this past week everywhere! I wish I would have visited when I was in the Bay Area!

Look at downtown Bellevue. It looks about the same size and San Jose and prettier too. I haven't been to the surrounding areas of San Jose (i didn't leave downtown San Jose except for the mall) so maybe San Jose is better out of its downtown, idk, is that what your trying to say? I really don't think San Jose has anything on Bellevue. There somewhat similar tho in appearances. Wealthy, lots of Asians, tec is important, okay not that similar but still a little.
Downtown Seattle is nothing special: a San Francisco wannabe. It's a boring downtown with only one thing I like: Pike Market. Bellevue got shopping covered. It's better shopping than Dt. Seattle. I prefer Bellevue over Downtown Seattle since downtown Seattle is Amazon company town! Enjoy the Bio Sphere at Amazon!

Old 07-30-2016, 12:02 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,855,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Downtown Seattle is nothing special: a San Francisco wannabe. It's a boring downtown with only one thing I like: Pike Market. Bellevue got shopping covered. It's better shopping than Dt. Seattle. I prefer Bellevue over Downtown Seattle since downtown Seattle is Amazon company town! Enjoy the Bio Sphere at Amazon!
Spoken like someone with absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Give it up, kid.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:08 PM

8,745 posts, read 6,664,611 times
He's here to raise a fuss, not to make sense.

Downtown Seattle has way more retail than Downtown Bellevue, though the latter has more of the high-end corporate variety. Four blocks of Pine Street roughtly equals Bellevue Square, and there are other retail districts of various kinds.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
He's here to raise a fuss, not to make sense.

Downtown Seattle has way more retail than Downtown Bellevue, though the latter has more of the high-end corporate variety. Four blocks of Pine Street roughtly equals Bellevue Square, and there are other retail districts of various kinds.
No Apple store!

Old 07-31-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Spoken like someone with absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Give it up, kid.
Filled with homeless and mentally ill people on 3rd st and area near Westlake shopping mall. This is what I said before. It is what it is! I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:58 PM

8,745 posts, read 6,664,611 times
That area has been cleaned up dramatically. Part of that is a highly-successful reprogramming of Westlake Square, as reported the other day: http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/n...formation.html

Westlake Mall itself is also transforming. The latest news is the food court closed and apparently Saks Off Fifth is taking that floor. On other blocks, Nordstrom is completing a major upgrade to its flagship store, and Macy's is renovating on five levels (one of their larger stores) while the upper stories are converting to office.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Filled with homeless and mentally ill people on 3rd st and area near Westlake shopping mall. This is what I said before. It is what it is! I know exactly what I'm talking about.
First you're talking about a lack of attractions. Next you're talking about Amazon. Now you're talking about homeless. You don't have a single coherent thought, do you?

Old 07-31-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
First you're talking about a lack of attractions. Next you're talking about Amazon. Now you're talking about homeless. You don't have a single coherent thought, do you?
Put it this way: Seattle Metro pale in comparison to Silicon Valley!

Old 07-31-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Put it this way: Seattle Metro pale in comparison to Silicon Valley!
Not the most compelling argument coming from someone who can't even conjugate a verb correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City