U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 12:32 AM

108 posts, read 32,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
San Francisco (visited multiple times) - "Accepting" as long as you agree with their politics. Otherwise, not accepting at all. Well dressed. Professional. Very pretentious. Unaware of the World outside of CA.

Seattle (visited 4 times) - Veiled "friendliness". Not really blunt from my experiences. Definitely pretentious, but not to the level of SF. Laid back.

Boston (lived in Cape Cod a year and a half and went to Boston very regularly) - Definitely friendlier than SF and SEA. Though Liberal and not much political diversity, more accepting than SF and not hostile towards differing points of view like SF. Bluntness, yes, but not to an extreme. Relatively friendly. I never sensed an air of pretentiousness. Acceptance depends on area and neighborhood.

Chicago (visited multiple times) - My favorite city on the list and one of my favorite in the nation. I've found them very friendly. Acceptance of others depends on area and neighborhood, but more so than Boston. Can be blunt, but not in an insulting way. Though there is pride in the area, never sensed pretentiousness.
I agree with everything.. although I like Boston better than Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 03:57 PM

16 posts, read 1,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Francisco- Pretentious, entitled, elitist, overrated, polarizing, passive aggressive, detached.

Boston- Accepting of others, conservative, direct, nerdy, hard working

Seattle- Accepting of others, the most friendly, passive, outdoorsy, weird, idealist point of views

Chicago- Accepting of others, cultured, blunt, violent tendencies
Well I think we've found our Bostonian.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:01 PM

249 posts, read 97,381 times
I think it's safe to say that all those cities have hard working people. None of those places are exactly cheap to live in.

Old Today, 12:21 PM

3,973 posts, read 2,370,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Francisco- Pretentious, entitled, elitist, overrated, polarizing, passive aggressive, detached.

Boston- Accepting of others, conservative, direct, nerdy, hard working

Seattle- Accepting of others, the most friendly, passive, outdoorsy, weird, idealist point of views

Chicago- Accepting of others, cultured, blunt, violent tendencies
I don't think Bostonians are conservative. I think some of your descriptions are kind of insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City