Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 02:17 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Historic sites are found all over the state and while some of the most notable are found in NoVA (Mount Vernon, Old Town Alexandria), they aren't concentrated in NoVA and were notable places before DC was even founded.

I would argue that THE most notable historic sites are in the Tidewater area of Virginia - aka the Historic Triangle: Williamsburg-Jamestown-Yorktown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 02:17 PM

159 posts, read 269,233 times
Weather: Tennessee
Crime: If you exclude Memphis they are both about equal
Universities: Virginia
Cultural Activities: Depends on what you like, I'll say Virginia because I prefer history to country and blues music
More pro LGBT: Honestly have no idea
In the middle with politics: Virginia
Open to Various Religions: In general Virginia
Outdoor Opportunities: Tennessee as a whole more opportunities for hiking biking and fishing in lakes, although Virginia does have the ocean.
Healthcare: Virginia

Based on the criteria you listed it would seem Virginia wins.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I would argue that THE most notable historic sites are in the Tidewater area of Virginia - aka the Historic Triangle: Williamsburg-Jamestown-Yorktown.
Agreed, with Richmond coming in a strong second.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:53 PM

797 posts, read 1,429,215 times
Whenever VA is being compared people always want to exclude NOVA like its not apart of VA and I see how Memphis was excluded when talking about crime for TN's benefit in a post above, lets just stick to the states boundaries and stop this exclude/include foolishness!

Old 10-04-2016, 08:47 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Tennessee takes this ass kicking with or without Northern Virginia. Like @Diff1 said, people keep trying this excluding bs...

Old 10-05-2016, 12:58 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Tennessee takes this ass kicking with or without Northern Virginia. Like @Diff1 said, people keep trying this excluding bs...
Virginia, West Virginia Reunification!!!!

Old 10-05-2016, 03:21 AM

998 posts, read 1,248,379 times
My "vote" for Virginia included ALL regions of the state. NOVA does not influence me any more than Richmond, VA Beach, Charlottesville or Floyd.
So tired of hearing folks living elsewhere stating that NOVA is the be all and end all of this state!
In deciding to move from Southern California to the Southeast we visited VA, NC and TN. Virginia won hands down for a variety of reasons but mostly for the beauty and culture we found in EVERY location we visited. That was not the case in TN by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City