Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 12:33 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times

Advertisements

San Antonio is the fastest growing metro and followed by Austin n comparison to Charlotte and Atlanta. Austin and San Antonio metro will be one very soon.

Of the large metropolitan areas, those with a population greater than two million, San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX (5.9 percent) and Austin-Round Rock, TX (5.0 percent) were the fastest growing large metropolitan areas. San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX was led by a strong contribution from natural resources and mining (2.51 percentage points), while growth in Austin-Round Rock, TX was led by professional and business services (1.57 percentage points).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 12:35 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
yay suburban sprawl!!!

Old 10-09-2016, 12:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
yay suburban sprawl!!!
Yes, majority of the population doesn't mind suburban sprawl and as you see numbers show that a good chunk of people love suburban sprawl so yay!! suburban sprawl!!

Old 10-09-2016, 12:54 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,165,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes, majority of the population doesn't mind suburban sprawl and as you see numbers show that a good chunk of people love suburban sprawl so yay!! suburban sprawl!!
They'll mind it when suddenly all those shiny McMansions aren't so new and all those winding roads and parking lots have to be paid for

Old 10-09-2016, 12:57 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
And the point of this thread is...?

Old 10-09-2016, 01:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
They'll mind it when suddenly all those shiny McMansions aren't so new and all those winding roads and parking lots have to be paid for
Lol what? houses have a pretty long lifespan, once homes start to fall apart people usually renovate them.. those roads and parking lots were free to built they were paid for trust me.

you guys are silly lol, we are going to be just fine over here in our boring vanilla sprawly suburbs you guys just enjoy your life in your perfect urban cities full of culture, diversity and public transportation

Old 10-09-2016, 01:10 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,434,489 times
I thought this was going to be a post about Mayberry...

Old 10-09-2016, 01:17 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,165,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol what? houses have a pretty long lifespan, once homes start to fall apart people usually renovate them.. those roads and parking lots were free to built they were paid for trust me.
You say that as if said roads don't need to be maintained after they're built. Unfortunately, they do. If you look at your average suburb, there's a lot of roads that need to be maintained. And while cities have plenty of infrastructure to maintain as well, they also have the density to support it with tax revenue. Your typical American suburb does not.

I don't mind anyone living in a suburb. I understand the appeal, and this is America-you have the right to live in such a place. But I don't think our nation realizes the real costs of such a lifestyle. Before zoning codes, you saw very few communities built like that, and they were typically for the wealthy. There's a very good reason for that. Now local governments mandate against developers' will that construction be the way it is in so many American suburbs today, even though that may not be what consumers desire. That is the issue.

Too often, cities end up having to accommodate for suburban dwellers too-they have to widen roads, up speed limits, and maintain the highways and boulevards that bring the suburbanites in and out, even though the benefit from this traffic (particularly the freeway traffic) is marginal at best. This is my problem with suburbia. As long as you do your thing, that's fine; but suburbs have dictated how our core cities operate for far too long.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:08 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Oh Texas.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:42 PM

345 posts, read 530,339 times
First DFW and soon ASA...good for texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City