Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the friendliest people?
Phoenix, AZ 36 38.30%
Tucson, AZ 25 26.60%
El Paso, TX 33 35.11%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 04:20 PM

38 posts, read 52,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
El Paso is 3740 ft, Las Cruces is 3900 ft.

Great post! I agree 100%. The people in El Paso seem to be friendlier than Tucson and Phoenix IMO. The people here usually will try to help you out or give directions or simply have a nice chat with anybody about anything. I met more rude people in the Arizona cities than I ever did in El Paso, I mean they are not as bad as other cities but just not as friendly as El Paso.
I moved from El Paso to Tucson, and I hate to admit it, but I think El Pasoans are friendlier than Tucsonans. But Tucson and Phoenix both as cities without the people are way prettier and way better, which is why I like both better than El Paso. But not everyone is rude. There are a lot of nice people here, but some are rude. Then again, rude people are everywhere. Texas in general is friendly, which is why it is known as the friendly state. Still, I like Arizona a lot. But Phoenicians in my opinion seem friendlier than Tucsonans. However, the cities I really experienced a lot of rudeness were all of Southern California, Chicago, Boston, and New York City. Those areas have really rude people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 06:10 PM

429 posts, read 474,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherall View Post
It does not have that much in common with Tucson because Tucson is very green. It does with Albuquerque more because Albuquerque looks exactly like El Paso in terms of terrain and landscaping. Also Tucson does not have highways and El Paso does. Both Albuquerque and El Paso are in the middle of nowhere. Tucson is next to Phoenix, in my opinion, America's best metropolis.
Tucson is not very green at all. In fact, I'd argue that Albequerque has a more lush, green look and feel than Tucson.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:11 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,719,754 times
Quote:
I moved from El Paso to Tucson, and I hate to admit it, but I think El Pasoans are friendlier than Tucsonans. But Tucson and Phoenix both as cities without the people are way prettier and way better, which is why I like both better than El Paso. But not everyone is rude. There are a lot of nice people here, but some are rude. Then again, rude people are everywhere. Texas in general is friendly, which is why it is known as the friendly state. Still, I like Arizona a lot. But Phoenicians in my opinion seem friendlier than Tucsonans. However, the cities I really experienced a lot of rudeness were all of Southern California, Chicago, Boston, and New York City. Those areas have really rude people.
Where do you think Arizona transplants come from then if not those significantly "rude" areas? It's not like all the Californian transplants' mannerisms disappear the second they move elsewhere, even though almost all of us wish they did. Arizona's top places for transplants are Southern California and the Midwest particularly Chicago and Michigan.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward234 View Post
Tucson is not very green at all. In fact, I'd argue that Albequerque has a more lush, green look and feel than Tucson.
I argued that too. Albuquerque is able to grow grass natively while Tucson doesn't. At the end of the day saguaros, other cacti,thin trees like palo verdes and shrubs don't account for greenery nearly as much as grass does.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:01 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,336,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I argued that too. Albuquerque is able to grow grass natively while Tucson doesn't. At the end of the day saguaros, other cacti,thin trees like palo verdes and shrubs don't account for greenery nearly as much as grass does.
Oh I see it now! Green makes people friendlier!

Old 11-02-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Where do you think Arizona transplants come from then if not those significantly "rude" areas? It's not like all the Californian transplants' mannerisms disappear the second they move elsewhere, even though almost all of us wish they did. Arizona's top places for transplants are Southern California and the Midwest particularly Chicago and Michigan.
I think your right, most do come from Chicago.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:18 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,336,365 times
Quote:
I think your right, most do come from Chicago.

Chicagoans though are known to be rather friedly

Old 11-02-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Chicagoans though are known to be rather friedly
Not according to the OP, yet Phoenix is super friendly. But Chicagoans are legit everywhere in Phoenix... can't go a second without finding a Cubs or Bears fan and Chicago style pizza is exclusive to Phoenix with no NY style options... plus we have Portillo's which I heard was a Chicago chain.

Look if you don't like Chicagoans, Phoenix isn't going to be a good time, it's that simple. And if you don't like Californians don't take a single step into Scottsdale. Don't even think about it.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Not according to the OP, yet Phoenix is super friendly. But Chicagoans are legit everywhere in Phoenix... can't go a second without finding a Cubs or Bears fan and Chicago style pizza is exclusive to Phoenix with no NY style options... plus we have Portillo's which I heard was a Chicago chain.

Look if you don't like Chicagoans, Phoenix isn't going to be a good time, it's that simple. And if you don't like Californians don't take a single step into Scottsdale. Don't even think about it.
I like Phoenix a lot though. To tell you, I have not really encountered rude people there. Everyone just has different experiences. I know some people who love El Paso and find it a fascinating city, but I absolutely hate El Paso. A lot of people don't like Tucson from what I noticed, but I love Tucson. So we are all different and we all have different experiences. Some cities are compatible with us and some are not. Some people love living in the northeast, but I hate the northeast. I have a friend who loves Boston and it's his favorite city, and I don't like Boston. I guess were all different.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:39 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,684,476 times
Quote:

Eh, I don't find that to be very accurate, the data shows about 4% of people in Arizona are from Illinois, that's it. Just because someone is a cubs or bears fan doesn't mean they were born in Chicago, just as Yankees fans how that works. The Cubs have had spring training in the area for a long time and many long term Arizona residents I know adopted the cubs well before we had our own team.

CA is the number 1 place Arizona residents come from followed by Illinois (which is only 4% of Arizona residents). Around 40% of Arizona's residents were actually born here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City