Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you prefer to live reqardless of work?
Asheville, NC 81 60.45%
Greenville, SC 53 39.55%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:42 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
About as useless and counterproductive of a thread as I've ever seen on this forum. Both towns have their own charms and appeal to people, sometimes for very different reasons. Neither is one bit better than the other, in the end. I've lived here and enjoyed both for almost all of my life. Until I started encountering dumb aXX polls like this one, I'd never heard either city bad mouthing the other. In days past, they had always been considered to be somewhat sister cities.

Nuff said... please do continue the buffoonery.
I have to agree they both have their charms and appeal for different reasons. I just thought it would be fun to hear different opinions. Right now, I have a place in both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 08:34 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Liberal does not automatically equal accepting, that makes sense. But when you actually look at conservative beliefs you'll find them by nature, unaccepting and exclusive thus making the liberal counter position seem accepting by default.

For example, conservatives feel they have a right to legislate who can love and mary. Their viewpoint is not only deplorable, but also the exact opposite of accepting. Liberals don't want to dictate how others should live their love lives, which is nice and fits the Asheville vibe more than Greenville.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:29 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
no conservative has ever dictated that gay people can't love each other or proposed laws banning love and long term relationships between two consenting adults. no gay person has ever gone to jail for loving a same sex person. moreover, some conservatives, generally religious ones, have the same views on gay marriage that Obama and HIllary and many Democrats had not that long ago but always get conveniently ignored.

the topic is about Greenville and Asheville, not political chat. there is a politics forum for that.

i never heard of any anti-gay violence against gays in Greenville. there were 50 gays slaughtered in Orlando this past year and it wasn't done by a conservative. everytime i go downtown I see some gay people and they seem to be loving Greenville.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-15-2016 at 10:04 PM..

Old 11-16-2016, 06:27 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i never heard of any anti-gay violence against gays in Greenville.
I recall this rather unfortunate incident from a couple of years ago: South Carolina Gay Man Dies in Potential Hate Crime Assault - Towleroad

Quote:
there were 50 gays slaughtered in Orlando this past year and it wasn't done by a conservative.
How do you know what his ideology was?

Old 11-17-2016, 05:29 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
^49!!! 49!!! 49!!!

Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123MoltenCore View Post
No denying that, the southern Appalachian plateau is truly beautiful. I wonder what Asheville will looke like 15-20 years from now. Greenville seems poised to become a boom town I wonder if Asheville is.
I have thought of that as well. Both places make many "top places". The cost of housing in AVL has gotten out of hand. Greenville housing is moving up in price as well. They both are growing. I like hearing what draws people to either place.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:28 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
no gay person has ever gone to jail for loving a same sex person.
...on Mars.

Oscar Wilde is sent to prison for indecency - May 25, 1895 - HISTORY.com

Germany Pays Reparations to Gay Men Jailed for Sodomy | Advocate.com

CNN - 2 Texas men fined for having sex in private home - November 20, 1998

After Arrests on Charges of Sodomy, an Apology - The New York Times

Gay people are still being arrested for having consensual sex in some red states, like Louisiana.

Man pleads no contest to sodomy, receives jail time | Winchester | winchesterstar.com

Last edited by Iconographer; 02-19-2017 at 09:56 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 06:59 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
no conservative has ever dictated that gay people can't love each other or proposed laws banning love and long term relationships between two consenting adults.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=foQrmKRUFgg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpkAcQ7mLnM

Human Rights Campaign | Human Rights Campaign

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hist..._United_States

Quote:
no gay person has ever gone to jail for loving a same sex person.
American Men Are Still Being Arrested for Sodomy | Advocate.com

Quote:
moreover, some conservatives, generally religious have the same views on gay marriage that Obama and HIllary and many Democrats had not that long ago but always get conveniently ignored.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKVgQqw7_PU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JvkgphcJ9Iw

Quote:
i never heard of any anti-gay violence against gays in Greenville.
Hate Crimes Against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, And Transgender Individuals - Confronting the New Faces of Hate

https://baptistnews.com/article/hist.../#.WKryqp9MHqA

SC Hate Crime: Mother of Sean Kennedy Speaks Out - Towleroad

Quote:
there were 50 gays slaughtered in Orlando this past year and it wasn't done by a conservative.
49. You have no idea what his political ideology was.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanit...hts-amendment/

Quote:
everytime i go downtown I see some gay people and they seem to be loving Greenville.
Good.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:23 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
why don't you take your politics to the Politics forum. This topic is about Greenville and Asheville.

do you really think I am going to click on a video of Hillary and all of those links.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:27 PM

626 posts, read 380,863 times
Greenville every time. Not even close for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City