Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:19 AM

247 posts, read 336,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I have never lived in Nashville, but I am a native Tennessean who has family there, and a wife, father, and sister who went to school there, so I am very familiar with Nashville and have watched it grow and shoot past my hometown of Memphis firsthand.

I really don't get all the hype over Nashville, but I will definitely be fair and call somebody out if they tell a blatant like about it. Like when it was said on here that "most of the people in Nashville are 'homers' who have never been outside of Nashville" when people are moving to Nashville in droves from all over the country and Nashville natives are getting harder and harder to find every year. Or when some folks try to act like Memphis isn't decades behind Nashville at this point and will probably never catch up.
That's a bit silly to think you'll never find any Nashville natives. I think that's a good indicator that you've not been there.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "decades behind Nashville"- unless you want to see country music galore, I'm not really missing anything from that city since moving. I'm not seeing anything about that city that justifies the traffic and COL, and I think there are more people who agree with that than you think.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:32 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,100,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc2330 View Post
That's a bit silly to think you'll never find any Nashville natives. I think that's a good indicator that you've not been there.
That's not at ALL what I said, and you know it. But I guess trying to twist my words is the only card you have; you, the same guy who admittedly only spent ONE DAY in Cincinnati---probably mostly in a hotel room, as Shakeesha pointed out---is trying to tell someone FROM Tennessee, who half his family lived in Nashville, and who has been going to Nashville for YEARS that he has "not been there." Riiiiiight.

As far as Nashville being way ahead of Memphis at this point, it's true. Sure, Memphis used to be the #1 undisputed city in Tennessee 15 or 20 years ago, but tell someone from another state these days that you're from Tennessee and watch 9 out of 10's faces light up and start talking excitedly about Nashville, then tell that same 9 out of 10 "No, Memphis" and watch their facial expressions change as negative thoughts start going through their minds (and sometimes even coming out of their mouths).

Your problem is that you're such a huge Memphis booster and apologist that you refuse to acknowledge Nashville's progress and give it a fair shake. But most Memphians are jealous of Nashville, though, while at the same time not doing much of anything to try to grow or improve their own city, so that's typical.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City