Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these places would you move to?
San Diego 30 36.59%
Denver 23 28.05%
Bay Area 21 25.61%
Other (if so, please post recommendation) 8 9.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
IRL, the only people that I know that like it are 1) just as elitist as the stereotype, 2) born and raised there and live there for family reasons, 3) New Yorkers/wannabe New Yorkers who couldn't make it in NYC, 4) small town kids from the Midwest who want to play "Big City" but truly can't handle a real city, 5) nerds/techies with zero social skills, 6) young people from other parts of NorCal who want to move to "the big city" but are afraid of NYC and are afraid of liking LA when they've been indoctrinated to hate it, 7) young people from the PNW who want to live in California but still want all the terrible aspects of the PNW just with California prices, and/or 8) people from anywhere that think all of California is just like LA so now they go around all over social media telling everyone who cool "Cali" is.

For the life of me, I will never understand why anyone would pay more than NYC COL for a far smaller, less urban, less vibrant, less cultural, dirtier version of NYC with inferior public transit, uglier people, ruder people, colder people, and worse weather. I'd rather eat a whole dollar slice off 34th St that fell cheese side down than tap the tip of my tongue onto a SF sidewalk. For being this elitist circle jerk full of some of the wealthiest liberals in the world, you'd think the city could pay enough to keep it even remotely sanitary. I'm a full-blown liberal myself, but good GOD people in the Bay will go out of their way to be offended over literally anything and everything.

As a whole, almost nobody on the west coast has a backbone, an honest bone in their body, an ounce of humbleness, or any ability to take criticism.

On this thread, Denver is the least "West Coast" of the options and I'd pick there. The native Californians are turning Denver into LA 4th Edition (LA->Vegas->Phoenix are 1st 2nd 3rd). But native Californians are far different from those moving there. I'm a native. I know we are. I promise we're different. There's a reason so many of us are leaving. Denver is far more affordable, the job opportunities have to be better than those in SD, it's much cleaner than SF. I still wouldn't be dying to move there, but it's no question between these options the better city.
People are pretty much the same everywhere in my opinion. Your statements about almost nobody on the west coast having an honest bone in their body is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 09:20 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
IRL, the only people that I know that like it are 1) just as elitist as the stereotype, 2) born and raised there and live there for family reasons, 3) New Yorkers/wannabe New Yorkers who couldn't make it in NYC, 4) small town kids from the Midwest who want to play "Big City" but truly can't handle a real city, 5) nerds/techies with zero social skills, 6) young people from other parts of NorCal who want to move to "the big city" but are afraid of NYC and are afraid of liking LA when they've been indoctrinated to hate it, 7) young people from the PNW who want to live in California but still want all the terrible aspects of the PNW just with California prices, and/or 8) people from anywhere that think all of California is just like LA so now they go around all over social media telling everyone who cool "Cali" is.

For the life of me, I will never understand why anyone would pay more than NYC COL for a far smaller, less urban, less vibrant, less cultural, dirtier version of NYC with inferior public transit, uglier people, ruder people, colder people, and worse weather. I'd rather eat a whole dollar slice off 34th St that fell cheese side down than tap the tip of my tongue onto a SF sidewalk. For being this elitist circle jerk full of some of the wealthiest liberals in the world, you'd think the city could pay enough to keep it even remotely sanitary. I'm a full-blown liberal myself, but good GOD people in the Bay will go out of their way to be offended over literally anything and everything.

As a whole, almost nobody on the west coast has a backbone, an honest bone in their body, an ounce of humbleness, or any ability to take criticism.

On this thread, Denver is the least "West Coast" of the options and I'd pick there. The native Californians are turning Denver into LA 4th Edition (LA->Vegas->Phoenix are 1st 2nd 3rd). But native Californians are far different from those moving there. I'm a native. I know we are. I promise we're different. There's a reason so many of us are leaving. Denver is far more affordable, the job opportunities have to be better than those in SD, it's much cleaner than SF. I still wouldn't be dying to move there, but it's no question between these options the better city.
this was a good laugh! Shared it at work for some more chuckles . Like you said, for the money flowing through that place, it should be a lot more upkept than it is.

Although I must say that most all the people I have met in person from California I have liked, but that was San Jose and LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City