Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the better downtown?
Albequerque 18 41.86%
Spokane 25 58.14%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 03:09 PM

429 posts, read 479,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward234 View Post
Anyone have any photos of Downtown Albuquerque and/or the adjacent inner neighborhoods?
Also, I just noticed the Spokane ones were taken down, so more of those would be great too (although maybe not as many as the previous - I'm guessing they were taken down because he posted too many).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
The pics are still there, just compressed into links. And there are some Albuquerque pics too.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
The pics are still there, just compressed into links. And there are some Albuquerque pics too.
I'm talking about the pics DJ Kirkland posted. His entire post seems to have been deleted.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:17 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
the downtown park in Spokane looks awesome on google maps street view and some Youtube videos that i looked at. i would say it is in my top 3 in nation.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:42 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Downtown Spokane takes downtown Albuquerque's lunch money IMHO. Better shopping, cleanliness, overall vibe/feel of the place. I realize some of that's subjective, but a lot of these discussions are.
Spokane was one of the most surprising towns that I've ever visited.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:54 PM

10,742 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Spokane was one of the most surprising towns that I've ever visited.
Spokane doesn't get a lot of love in Washington. People in Seattle rarely entertain the idea of visiting Spokane when they could easily drive to Vancouver or Portland in less time. That said Spokane is a nice looking medium sized city. It's also the largest city between Minneapolis and Seattle so it has a lot of surprising amenities and it was ramped up a bit by a World's Fair back in the 70's. Downtown has it's charms with some activity but it still feels on the quiet side to me. Lots of untapped potential.

Last edited by JMT; 01-24-2017 at 06:42 PM..

Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward234 View Post
Also, I just noticed the Spokane ones were taken down, so more of those would be great too (although maybe not as many as the previous - I'm guessing they were taken down because he posted too many).
^^This. Per the city vs. city rules:

You may post photos if you like, but please, due to copyright reasons, only post photos that YOU have taken yourself. Snagging others' photos online and using them is a no no. If you wish to show photos that others have taken, simply post a link to the photos, and ONLY post a link (do not attempt to hotlink the photos). Photos from city-data.com and from wikimedia are allowed, but please indicate that's where you found them. When you do post your own photos, you need to indicate that they are yours, and please limit your photo postings to no more than SIX photos per post, and make sure to resize them to a reasonable size (800 pixels or so), so that you don't clog up the thread and cause people with slower connections to have to go through scroll hell to get to the next post. If you have a large gallery of photos of a city that you've taken, that you wish to share with others, post a LINK to that gallery instead of posting excessive numbers of photos within your post. Posts with excessive numbers of photos and/or excessively sized pics are subject to be deleted.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 01-25-2017, 10:14 AM

571 posts, read 1,172,626 times
Hey guys, sorry didn't know about the 6 pic max rule.

Here's a link to the rest of the photos over on skyscraperpage if anyone is curious:

Sunny old Spokane [WA] - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKirkland View Post
Hey guys, sorry didn't know about the 6 pic max rule.

Here's a link to the rest of the photos over on skyscraperpage if anyone is curious:

Sunny old Spokane [WA] - SkyscraperPage Forum
Thanks - can you post your favorite 6 pics here?

Old 02-14-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Spokane doesn't get a lot of love in Washington. People in Seattle rarely entertain the idea of visiting Spokane when they could easily drive to Vancouver or Portland in less time.
I think that has a lot to do with the politics and culture, but as a mid-sized city it has a fairly impressive urban core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City