Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city?
Los Angeles 94 42.34%
New York City 128 57.66%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:19 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
LOL at the way this poll is set up to give New York a chance. Let me think long and hard about this...Los Angeles. LA mountains and beaches over a view of another building, a man made park, and grey rocky beaches.
Guess you've never been to beaches in NJ or the Hamptons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:00 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,539,611 times
So first we have a thread that compares Chicago to LA (but only if we take out anything related to nature), and now we have a thread comparing NY to LA (but only if we take out Winter).

I guess it should be flattering that at least people realize LA has positive aspects before they create dumb comparisons that totally take them away.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:15 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
New York City is very humid during the summer. LA is perfect weather all the time.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I think there's more distinction between the seasons in NYC than in LA, so I would vote for NYC.

In my opinion, nothing beats autumn in the Northeast.
except stable comfortable temperatures, clear skies,

Old 01-28-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Actually I think this thread is much more interesting if you left it up to the MSA or CSA counties. Obviously NYC takes it once you include a 5 hour radius. If we're just talking staying within the metro area however, I could easily see how LA would take it, even in the summer months.

NYC the city surpasses LA on all levels. But outside of city limits I think LA's immediate surroundings are more appealing than say Northern NJ or SW Connecticut, or Mount Vernon etc.

Again this is with the inability to leave the CSA or MSA boundaries.
In the fall, outside of NYC limits you get lots of gnats. Then it gets cold, and snow, recently rain.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
LOL at the way this poll is set up to give New York a chance. Let me think long and hard about this...Los Angeles. LA mountains and beaches over a view of another building, a man made park, and grey rocky beaches.
Actually TS picked wrong months. Summers get very humid in NYC.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:00 AM

412 posts, read 509,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Actually I think this thread is much more interesting if you left it up to the MSA or CSA counties. Obviously NYC takes it once you include a 5 hour radius. If we're just talking staying within the metro area however, I could easily see how LA would take it, even in the summer months.

NYC the city surpasses LA on all levels. But outside of city limits I think LA's immediate surroundings are more appealing than say Northern NJ or SW Connecticut, or Mount Vernon etc.

Again this is with the inability to leave the CSA or MSA boundaries.
Well, Los Angeles has San Diego, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Red Rock Mountains, Tijuana, Highway 1, Santa Barbara etc. all within a 5 hour drive. So not bad either.

But anyway, so you choose LA CSA over NY CSA, but NY if a larger area is compared. Interesting!

Old 01-28-2017, 02:21 AM

4,211 posts, read 3,293,492 times
This thread reminds me of all the people who say "Chicago is the best city.....just make sure if you go, it's during the summer"

Uhhhh....so does that mean it's only serviceable four months a year? Kind of a big DQ right there.

The fact that all of the LA vs NY arguments seem to come down to "but the late night food", and "but the pizza by the slice", and "the subway" in favor of NY tell me that Los Angeles is the big winner. Great year round weather in a completely unique city that doesn't try to mimic any other place in the world, just always doing it's own thing....Los Angeles!

Old 01-28-2017, 04:35 AM

969 posts, read 2,072,798 times
For Jan-Dec except April 1st, hands down NYC, and it's not even close. Any other time of year, NYC still wins.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:32 AM

2,272 posts, read 2,220,070 times
I feel like this has been done before.... a lot. Like, way too much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City