Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East coast or West coast for greater global impact
NYC and Boston 39 61.90%
LA and SF 24 38.10%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:14 PM

992 posts, read 874,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCanadian View Post
Boston owns education so there you go. Can't be disputed. Don't try!
LOL
I will try. Out of the top 15 universities in the world three are in SF/LA (Caltech, Berkley, and Stanford) whereas only two are in NY/BOS (Harvard and Princeton).

Overall, I would rank the cities as NY>LA>>>SF>>BOS, which gives the advantage to LA/SF.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:51 PM

12 posts, read 12,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Urbanite View Post
I will try. Out of the top 15 universities in the world three are in SF/LA (Caltech, Berkley, and Stanford) whereas only two are in NY/BOS (Harvard and Princeton).

Overall, I would rank the cities as NY>LA>>>SF>>BOS, which gives the advantage to LA/SF.
LOL wut? Ever heard of MIT and Columbia? Ahhh I get it, you're just joking around. You have to be joking around, because if you were being serious you've made quite a fool of yourself.

Btw, as you can see by my username, I'm from Cali.

NYC >>>>>> LA >> SF > Boston. NYC alone stomps.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:22 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,217,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
Any thread on here involving NYC get's shot down and drowned at birth with the NYC is bigger and better than anything brigade ! lol

I think the WEST coast over took the East coast some while ago in terms of global iconicity and impact ...
If you're including the entire coasts, then that also includes DC, which can arguably compete with NYC as most iconic + powerful city in the entire world

And it's widely accepted that NYC is the #1 city in the US. Don't like threads that involve NYC? Well you're the one that made this thread...

Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
wow closer than i wouldve imagined.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCanadian View Post
LOL wut? Ever heard of MIT and Columbia? Ahhh I get it, you're just joking around. You have to be joking around, because if you were being serious you've made quite a fool of yourself.

Btw, as you can see by my username, I'm from Cali.

NYC >>>>>> LA >> SF > Boston. NYC alone stomps.
No. I'm not joking around at all. Read this: Caltech again ranked world's top research campus by British magazine - LA Times

Also, the hierarchy of cities in the USA is as follows:

Top tier: NYC/LA
Next tier: Chicago
Next tier: DC/SF
Next tier: Boston/Philadelphia/Dallas/Houston
Next tier: Miami/Atlanta/Seattle/Minneapolis/Denver/etc.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:19 PM

5 posts, read 4,000 times
Quote:
No. I'm not joking around at all. Read this: [url=http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-ln-caltech-ranking-20141001-story.html]Caltech again ranked world's top research campus by British magazine - LA Times[/url]

Also, the hierarchy of cities in the USA is as follows:

Top tier: NYC/LA
Next tier: Chicago
Next tier: DC/SF
Next tier: Boston/Philadelphia/Dallas/Houston
Next tier: Miami/Atlanta/Seattle/Minneapolis/Denver/etc.

I think more people would agree with my tier list.

NYC

LA

Chicago

SF/DC

Boston/Philly/Miami/Atlanta/Houston/Dallas

Seattle/Minneapolis/Denver/Phoenix etc..

Last edited by farnot; 02-09-2017 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 PM

So essentially the main disagreement is how much more important NY is than LA, and how much more important SF is than Boston.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:

i would assume m.i.t. would be in there. and possibly one of b.c., b.u., tufts, wellesley, w.p.i., emerson, ...

Old 02-10-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
So essentially the main disagreement is how much more important NY is than LA, and how much more important SF is than Boston.
1. n.y.c.
2. l.a.
3. boston / san francisco

Old 02-10-2017, 06:10 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,478 times
Is this poll to live or visit? Visit I enjoy LA and SF but to live NY/Boston and it is closer to me on the East Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City