Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM

197 posts, read 397,561 times

Advertisements

Or I would find a place with a active night life so I can go into club and maybe sleep in a bathroom or ask to be hired to clean there. Sleep in the club,then in the day walk around til night falls again. If I was homeless I would drink a lot. Sad .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,559 times
Default Bizerkeley

Berkeley, California is the best city to be homeless in. Where else do the homeless people actually have a choice of which soup kitchen they would like to choose each day? As far as I know, there is plenty of food, there is at least one shelter, and they provide bins of free clothing at one of the parks in town. Not to mention, the crime rate is low and there is little violence that occurs toward the homeless in Berkeley. It would be hard enough being homeless, and especially difficult constantly having to watch over one's shoulder. The last thing they need to worry about is being jumped at night. San Francisco is close, and the BART provides partial shelter as long as one can scrounge up enough change to get on it.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,922,535 times
If I had to be homeless anywhere it would be Honolulu.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 PM

515 posts, read 1,059,576 times
Miami or better yet Honolulu...paradise for the beach bum.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 PM

902 posts, read 2,788,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emark View Post
Berkeley, California is the best city to be homeless in. Where else do the homeless people actually have a choice of which soup kitchen they would like to choose each day? As far as I know, there is plenty of food, there is at least one shelter, and they provide bins of free clothing at one of the parks in town. Not to mention, the crime rate is low and there is little violence that occurs toward the homeless in Berkeley. It would be hard enough being homeless, and especially difficult constantly having to watch over one's shoulder. The last thing they need to worry about is being jumped at night. San Francisco is close, and the BART provides partial shelter as long as one can scrounge up enough change to get on it.
The crime rate in B-Town isn't very low at all...

Old 09-29-2009, 02:43 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Fort Myers, Miami, Tampa, New York... their ridden with homeless folks.

Basically extremely urban places, or places with warm climates.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:03 PM

169 posts, read 500,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaJasMi View Post
I am surprised no one mentioned Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!
You were being sarcastic, right? Seattle is one of the northernmost, rainiest big cities in the country. It would be a miserable place to be homeless.

As for the question in the OP...

San Francisco or San Diego.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 PM

4 posts, read 12,803 times
Cincinnati every ones rude but not as rude as new york.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
San Francisco has the most homeless, but if I were a normal person, who is not on crack 24 hours a day and don't have missing body parts or deformities, DO NOT move to San Francisco. There's a lot, but they are in the worst shape I've seen out of all the places I've been to and lived within the United States. It's sad, but after the first year, you don't even reconize them as human beings, and San Francisco is FREEZING! That fog really lowers the temperature a good 10-20 degrees than the actual temperature.
"The Coldest Winter I ever spent was a Summer in San Francisco".... Mark Twain.

I'm with you on that one.... it's foggy, damp, and COLD there in the summer because of the marine influence.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:22 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,238,078 times
^ depends what part of the city you're in, and what time of day (mornings and evenings only get fog usually, and it's much more common in western neighborhoods). As far as "damp" SF doesn't have very high humidity or precipitation, unless you compare it to a desert...and most of the humidity is just due to the fog anyways...so if you're not in the fog, it won't be very humid at all. I guess you could say we usually get dry heat, and often get humid cold (due to the fog).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City