Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 10:19 PM

54 posts, read 148,667 times

Advertisements

American Expat there is a TON MORE single ladies in Phoenix, I was actually shocked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 11:18 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorphilips View Post
American Expat there is a TON MORE single ladies in Phoenix, I was actually shocked!
Interesting observation, maybe because Vegas tends to easily attract men with its gambling, drinking and prostitution culture....women don't feel as attracted to there?

I've spent plenty of time in Phoenix and Scottsdale and I agree there are many attractive women and they can be a bit subtly aggressively open. I love Phoenix & Tucson myself so if it was me making the call, Phoenix is a no-brainer over Vegas.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:43 AM

844 posts, read 1,441,229 times
Quote:
Hello everybody! If you folks could give me your thoughts and experience it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a 36 year old white male, relocating west in a few months. I left my job (on good terms) of ten years and have a cushion of around $30,000 to start fresh. Now here's a quick rundown to give you details about myself and why I'm making the move.

-SICK OF PAYING $1100 for a small 1 bedroom apartment, long island NY/NY state is expensive.

-HATE the cold, in fact I can't shovel snow most of the time because my lower back is bad.

-I prefer the heat/sunny days.

-I've been working Retail/Customer service all my life, I'm interested in jobs in that field. I was a sales consultant for AT&T selling cell phones for 10 years, it's an easy job.

-I'm a HUGE gun guy, it's my hobby. I usually go shooting twice per month.

-I drive a leased car, have 10,500 miles a year limit.

-I'm into technology, gaming, phones, tablets, you name it.

-I like the single life, I'm not looking for serious relationships at all or making a family anytime soon.

Now, Phoenix, AZ looks to have more jobs but the climate is a bit hotter (maybe too hot?) for longer compared to Las Vegas, NV. Car registration is also very expensive in Arizona, and I'm guessing I would drive a lot more in Arizona. Las Vegas is a small area to drive, I like how you have Las Vegas and then a short 30 minute drive I could be in the desert having fun with target shooting at a safe area away from life. Finally no income tax in Nevada!

I tried to give you as much detail as possible, I hope that helped. Thank You All!
Las Vegas is cheaper then Phoenix.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:10 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Hello everybody! If you folks could give me your thoughts and experience it would be greatly appreciated.
I have been to both cities over the years (20+) on business and some pleasure, have/had friends in both cities, It is a matter of personal choice. They are both part of the Great Southwest. Here are the major "vs" threads in this forum:
Phoenix vs Las Vegas?
Poll: Which city is generally hotter during the summer between Las Vegas and Phoenix?
Poll: Las Vegas vs. Phoenix in Terms of Sophistication?
Living in Las Vegas vs Phoenix
Poll: Phoenix vs. Las Vegas
Poll: Las Vegas vs. Phoenix: More Scenic Desert City?
Poll: Phoenix vs Las Vegas
Good luck to you...

Old 03-13-2017, 11:09 AM

Yes thank you!

Old 03-13-2017, 12:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Yes thank you!
You might also note that Phoenix is more than twice as big as Las Vegas. So it actually has the same or less jobs. I don't think that is really a variable between the two unless you are a tech type. Tech types should almost invariably go to Phoenix. Other segments are a wash or favor Las Vegas.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You might also note that Phoenix is more than twice as big as Las Vegas. So it actually has the same or less jobs. I don't think that is really a variable between the two unless you are a tech type. Tech types should almost invariably go to Phoenix. Other segments are a wash or favor Las Vegas.
I literally just power watched 3 hours of sped up driving tours of Phoenix, I'm not into how everything is far apart. You are right about jobs, after all Vegas is tiny compared to Phoenix.

I'm still torn

Old 03-13-2017, 05:16 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Quote:
I literally just power watched 3 hours of sped up driving tours of Phoenix, I'm not into how everything is far apart. You are right about jobs, after all Vegas is tiny compared to Phoenix.

I'm still torn
Phoenix ....bigger...

And you get a much warmer winter than Vegas after putting up with a similar
very hot summer.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Phoenix ....bigger...

And you get a much warmer winter than Vegas after putting up with a similar
very hot summer.
Nonsense. The Phoenix winter is mildly nicer. But the summer heat is decidedly worse. And it ain't a little bit...it is a lot. And it is both temperature and humidity. I try to remain fair on these comparison as Phoenix was my next place to Las Vegas. But one should understand the summer is worse by a good bit. Our adopted daughter sometimes leaves her Phoenix home to cool off a few days in Las Vegas.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. The Phoenix winter is mildly nicer. But the summer heat is decidedly worse. And it ain't a little bit...it is a lot. And it is both temperature and humidity. I try to remain fair on these comparison as Phoenix was my next place to Las Vegas. But one should understand the summer is worse by a good bit. Our adopted daughter sometimes leaves her Phoenix home to cool off a few days in Las Vegas.
Please, in July, there is almost no noticeable difference between the two. Phoenix has a normal high of 107° in July, Las Vegas 105°. And I am in Las Vegas once a week for work, in July, I can't tell a difference between the two.

September is a different story though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City