Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county do you prefer
Fort Bend County, TX 16 55.17%
Gwinnett County, GA 13 44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 11:56 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,273,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Did Fort Bend County ever have a Q-Zar?

No?

Then my vote goes to Gwinnett County!
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I have lived in Gwinnett, and I live in Houston.

They are pretty close, but FBC is more diverse and is growing a lot faster. GC has waaaaaaay better scenery. If FBC was where Montgomery County is in Greater Houston, then the counties would be close to twins. FBC seems "newer." To me, I think FBC has more going on as far entertainment; Sugarland beats anything in GC.
No.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

In response to some of the categories given:

Quote:
Scenery
Ft. Bend county, because it has more of the evergreen flora/landscapes I am interested in.

Quote:
Transportation
Gwinnett is better, assuming it has connection to MARTA's heavy rail. The most Fort Bend has is Park and Ride bus systems.

Quote:
Proximity to Primary City
Identical.

Quote:
Entertainment

Dining
Fort Bend.

Quote:
Shopping
Gwinnett, assuming Atlanta has a better shopping scene than Houston.

Quote:
Culture

Diversity
Fort Bend, no contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 12:58 AM

1,534 posts, read 2,752,477 times
They are both dreadful IMO. GC in Atlanta has better topography but that bar is low. FBC is richer, more diverse, and closer to a beach...

Old 04-01-2017, 07:30 AM

23,303 posts, read 43,756,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Beat me to it. I'm guessing Lovin had some wine with dinner!
LOL I wish!!
Meant to qualify that as being metro counties.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:32 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,341,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Two of the most diverse suburban counties in the South (outside of Florida) in some of the fastest-growing metro areas in the Country

Economy - Gwinnett

Cost of Living -Gwinnett

Education - Gwinnett

Housing - Fort Bend

Safety - tie

Scenery - Gwinnett

Transportation - Gwinnett

Proximity to Primary City - Gwinnett

Entertainment - Gwinnett

Dining - tie

"Charm" Factor - Gwinnett

Shopping - Gwinnett

Culture - Gwinnett

Diversity - tie

Overall, I prefer metro Atlanta to Houston. So, yeah, I'm biased.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 AM

518 posts, read 809,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Yes.

No.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

In response to some of the categories given:

Ft. Bend county, because it has more of the evergreen flora/landscapes I am interested in.

Gwinnett is better, assuming it has connection to MARTA's heavy rail. The most Fort Bend has is Park and Ride bus systems.

MARTA doesn't go to Gwinnett County.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:46 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,273,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
MARTA doesn't go to Gwinnett County.
Ok. Are there any immediate plans for expansion?

Old 04-01-2017, 12:20 PM

242 posts, read 236,852 times
Fort Bend because Houston.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:54 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,844,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Without any maps handy at the moment, what's in Gwinnett Co, Georgia? Atlanta? I know quite about about the US, but have never heard of that county before now.
Lol one of the Core Counties in Atl metro , 900,000 people and yet it's largest City is less than 50,000 , crazy suburban, I ve been thru Gwinnett County, I actually think it has a Pretty Name to match it's scenery...I like saying it's name Gwinnnnet, lol someone should name their daughter that

Old 04-01-2017, 01:49 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,341,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Lol one of the Core Counties in Atl metro , 900,000 people and yet it's largest City is less than 50,000 , crazy suburban, I ve been thru Gwinnett County, I actually think it has a Pretty Name to match it's scenery...I like saying it's name Gwinnnnet, lol someone should name their daughter that
What do you expect? It's a SUBURBAN county to the core city of Atlanta. None of the largest cities within Atlanta's (Fulton) core counties have populations over 100,000. Nor does Fort Bend county in Texas.

Perspective, Gwinnett while undeniably suburban, encompasses half the land area of Fort Bend yet has almost 250,000 more in population.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:35 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,844,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
What do you expect? It's a SUBURBAN county to the core city of Atlanta. None of the largest cities within Atlanta's (Fulton) core counties have populations over 100,000. Nor does Fort Bend county in Texas.

Perspective, Gwinnett while undeniably suburban, encompasses half the land area of Fort Bend yet has almost 250,000 more in population.
Wrong. Sandy Springs does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City