Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your choice of the most fun and interesting?
Los Angeles 16 26.67%
Mexico City 16 26.67%
New York 28 46.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:08 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles, Mexico City, or New York?

These are the only three megacities in North America, two of them are hypercities, which means their populations exceed 20 million people in the metropolitan center.

- Tourist sites

- Architecture

- Climate

- Culture

- Nearby scenic areas

- Food scene

- Night scene

- Public transport

- Fun factor

Which of the three has the most to do and is the most fun? So which one would you pick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 10:31 AM

801 posts, read 1,512,611 times
- Tourist sites: Mexico City. More museums than both and has a lot of archaeological sites nearby. Bosque de Chapultepec is twice the size of Central Park.

- Architecture: New York > Mexico City > Los Angeles. The area around the Zocalo is amazing.

- Climate: Mexico City has nearly perfect weather. Air pollution is a problem though. LA is a close second.

- Culture: Tie between Mexico City and New York.

- Nearby scenic areas: Los Angeles probably. You have the beach, mountains, desert, etc all within a few hours drive.

- Food scene: New York for quantity alone. Mexico City if you love Mexican food (although there is plenty more).

- Night scene: NYC > Mexico City > LA but you can have fun in Mexico City for a lot less.

- Public transport: I'll give Mexico City the edge over NYC because it's much cheaper (5 peso ($0.25) subway ride gets you anywhere on the system; the BRT is 6 pesos).

- Fun factor: Mexico City being so different from what's in the US makes it the most fun and exciting to me. You can have a great time in any of these though.

Overall, I'd go with Mexico City. I love all of them but Mexico City was such a pleasant surprise. Not one bad experience. Great people, weather, food, attractions, and all for a lot less than what you'd ever find in the US.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:13 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Los Angeles

Old 04-03-2017, 11:02 PM

Never been to Mexico City before. I'll have to see it at some point, preferably the next time I'm in North America.

Here's some pictures of New York that I've taken from the last time I was there:

Old 04-03-2017, 11:07 PM

Some of my pictures from Los Angeles from the last time I was there as well:

Old 04-04-2017, 06:28 AM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
- Tourist sites: This certainly is NYC. Mexico City has some great museums and parks, but not to the popularity of New York's. NYC is iconic. LA would have to be last on this list for me.

- Architecture: NYC comes in first with LA in second. I am not a fan of Latin-American architecture.

- Climate: Los Angeles followed closely by Mexico City. NYC is rather bleak.

- Culture: LA wins this, but I can relate more with NYC than LA. Mexico City is easily the most unique on the list.

- Nearby scenic areas: Probably LA, but NYC is close enough to some very beautiful topography and coast lines. Mexico is mostly ugly in its interior.

- Food scene: Mexico City winner winner Enchilada dinner! NYC and LA certainly have more variety, but I love Mexican food.

- Night scene: LA, followed by Mexico City, then NYC.

- Public transport: NYC easily.

- Fun factor: NYC. LA doesn't come across as fun for me, and Mexico City is wild.

Which of the three has the most to do and is the most fun? So which one would you pick?

Overall I'd have to stick with New York.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:07 AM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I'd say New York city.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:19 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,542 times
NYC for me.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:20 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,542 times
And nice photos thanks for including FKR!

Old 04-04-2017, 01:44 PM

266 posts, read 276,323 times
Mexico City is the only of the three I haven't been to. Maybe later this year......

LA and NYC are such opposites it's hard to say. Were I taking a family vacation, definitly LA. A trip by myself without renting a car, definitely NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City