Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
San Jose 20 15.75%
Seattle 107 84.25%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 08:46 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
Never, would I choose San Jose over Seattle.
LOL this is your prerogative(more power to you) but San Jose attracts far more people from around the world than Seattle does.

Foreign Born Population, 2015
San Jose, CA 39%
Seattle, CA 17%

Racial Breakdown, 2015
Seattle, WA:
White 66%
Asian 14%
Black 7%
Hispanic 6%

San Jose, CA:
Asian 35%
Hispanic 32%
White 26%
Black 3%

To each his own ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 10:28 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,885,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL this is your prerogative(more power to you) but San Jose attracts far more people from around the world than Seattle does.

Foreign Born Population, 2015
San Jose, CA 39%
Seattle, CA 17%

Racial Breakdown, 2015
Seattle, WA:
White 66%
Asian 14%
Black 7%
Hispanic 6%

San Jose, CA:
Asian 35%
Hispanic 32%
White 26%
Black 3%

To each his own ...
Yes, to each his own. Foreign born population would not sway me. In San Jose, they're most likely there for jobs, not because the city is that desirable.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:34 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Yes, to each his own. Foreign born population would not sway me. In San Jose, they're most likely there for jobs, not because the city is that desirable.
LOL

Perhaps but the first $100 Million home sale in the United States was a house in the San Jose Metro Area to a foreign billionaire.
Los Altos Hills Home Becomes First Ever To Sell For $100 Million « CBS San Francisco

Apparently lots of people find it very desirable.

LOL

Old 06-01-2017, 10:47 AM

141 posts, read 133,494 times
To me, a European,living this side of the Atlantic, San Jose is almost invisible . Anything which happens or is located around the bay area is just referred to as San Francisco.

I'm aware of it but most folk I know would say it's in San Francisco !

That's just how it is. So all this boosterism is embarrassing as well as desperate.

Seattle has arguably the best skyline on the Pacific coast and is easily more well known . Nuff said.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:16 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,923,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
To me, a European,living this side of the Atlantic, San Jose is almost invisible . Anything which happens or is located around the bay area is just referred to as San Francisco.

I'm aware of it but most folk I know would say it's in San Francisco !

That's just how it is. So all this boosterism is embarrassing as well as desperate.

Seattle has arguably the best skyline on the Pacific coast and is easily more well known . Nuff said.
SF is a suburb of San Jose

Old 06-01-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-CHI-CO View Post
This thread is hilarious, to read someone claiming Seattle isn't a 'real city' like SJ. It has to be some of the best trolling on the site. SJ is waaaaaay down the list of West Coast cities I would choose to spend time in. Last time I was there I was surprised at how vacant the downtown was, which is fine - not everywhere needs to be urban. Seattle, on the other hand, feels like a real city. Just own the fact that SJ is a suburban style city trying to revitalize their downtown - it's an admirable goal, and I'm sure it's improving every year, but Seattle is simply in another league.
Yeah, in 1970's and 80's

Old 06-01-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-CHI-CO View Post
This thread is hilarious, to read someone claiming Seattle isn't a 'real city' like SJ. It has to be some of the best trolling on the site. SJ is waaaaaay down the list of West Coast cities I would choose to spend time in. Last time I was there I was surprised at how vacant the downtown was, which is fine - not everywhere needs to be urban. Seattle, on the other hand, feels like a real city. Just own the fact that SJ is a suburban style city trying to revitalize their downtown - it's an admirable goal, and I'm sure it's improving every year, but Seattle is simply in another league.
Seattle is really a quiet city compared to San Jose, SF and Vancouver. By the the, stand at the corner of First/Paseo De San Antonia and San Pedro Sq area and tell us it's a vacant downtown. Hang out by SJ State, too, to see how quiet downtown is.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Never, would I choose San Jose over Seattle.
Of course you would chose San Jose over Seattle: more diversity, much better weather, great neighborhoods like Evergreen Village and Willow Glen or los Gatos/Campbell, Santana Row, Bart, higher paying jobs, great downtown with lots of cool hoods around like Alameda with funky Whole Foods and Japantown, and friendlier people.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:28 AM

In San Jose, you have a real city in the middle and a great suburb throughout the rest of the city!!!! Chose your picks!!!

Old 06-01-2017, 11:29 AM

San Jose just annihilated Seattle no problem! This is an 800 LB Gorilla compared to more of an emerging and growing tech city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City