U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 61 22.18%
New York City 195 70.91%
Equal 19 6.91%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 08:20 AM

28,245 posts, read 26,214,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
the style of dress is dated, NYC's swag is outdated.
Hmm.

Quote:
News of a new Supreme shop is always exciting; obviously for the locals, but also for fans of the brand all over the world as we see it expand and grow to be something extraordinary. Surprisingly, if you didn’t know already, while the store’s origin begins in New York, the country that has the most official outposts is actually in Japan, with more than two-thirds of the total store amount around the world. Here in the U.S., Supreme can be found at both it’s New York home and with a brick-and-mortar in Los Angeles, while over in Europe, the newest addition in Paris will accompany the London shop that’s been open since 2011.
https://hypebeast.com/2016/2/supreme...ross-the-world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ_nofY877s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 09:40 AM

7,734 posts, read 6,132,233 times
I feel you, but no. Anytime Justin Bieber, and Lady Gaga is wearing it, you Know that's a no no. It looks like a glorified Ecko. Nobody is really saying that they have to get their hands on anything Supreme.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Nobody is really saying that they have to get their hands on anything Supreme.
Hmm.

http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-conten...ark-Orange.jpg

http://6uh9u7hhy8-flywheel.netdna-ss...age-jacket.jpg

Old 06-16-2017, 10:26 AM

These pics aren't really helping your case. NOBODY is walking around wearing Supreme in the places I've been to. I don't even here people talking about Supreme. Honestly, if Atlanta rappers aren't endorsing it, nobody really cares about it. In 2017, where trends and brands can gain notoriety almost instantly, I still haven't heard people talking about Supreme. As I said earlier, it's a glorified Ecko.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
NOBODY is walking around wearing Supreme in the places I've been to. I don't even here people talking about Supreme.
You do live in Baltimore after all. I think Cross Colours just made it there around 2014 or so.

Quote:
Honestly, if Atlanta rappers aren't endorsing it, nobody really cares about it. In 2017, where trends and brands can gain notoriety almost instantly, I still haven't heard people talking about Supreme.
Hmm...

Quote:
Huge lines, once endemic to its New York flagship in SoHo, now form at satellite stores in Los Angeles, London, Tokyo and other cities. The current issue of British GQ Style, a men’s fashion bible, hails Supreme as “the coolest streetwear brand in the world right now.” And the Berlin culture magazine O32c called it “the Holy Grail of high youth street culture.” The Business of Fashion site called it “the Chanel of downtown streetwear.”

On the red carpet, Supreme has become a certifiable thing for rappers and pop stars. At the recent Paris Fashion Week, Kanye West arrived at the Céline show wearing a green-camouflage pullover field jacket by Supreme. In September, Frank Ocean performed on “Saturday Night Live” wearing a Supreme hockey jersey adorned with a Southwestern-style thunderbird.
Guerrilla Fashion: The Story of Supreme - The New York Times

But I guess one guy's experience in suburban Baltimore invalidates the above.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
In 2017, where trends and brands can gain notoriety almost instantly, I still haven't heard people talking about Supreme.
So dated...

Quote:
No other clothing brands command this kind of devotion. Ralph Lauren had its "Lo-Lifes," a group of guys from Brooklyn who spent the early 90s stealing as much Polo as they could. Sneaker-heads tend to be Nike lifers. However, by Supreme standards, these are all middling brand obsessions—their followers the fair-weather fans to Supreme's ultras: the kids who wait in line, the adult men who'll pay silly money for vintage Supreme-branded incense sticks.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/s...brand-devotion

Quote:
Supreme’s fanbase is huge now, and the brand hasn’t changed its less-is-more business model, so copping stuff online is really, really tough these days. According to Comscore, Supreme’s website has an average of 660,000 unique visitors per month. Six hundred and sixty thousand. That’s roughly the population of Boston. Naturally, the hoodie sold out in a matter of seconds on both EU and North American webstores when it dropped last year.

@splay, Supreme’s head of all things internet, reported that the brand’s server had a staggering 1.9 billion requests on the day the hoodie dropped last year. “That’s a lot” according to Highsnobiety‘s in-house tech squad.

It’s not easy from a retail location either. Lines stretch on for miles, and last season Supreme NY attempted to introduce order into proceedings via a ticket system, but that seems to have failed miserably, as hundreds of kids looking to buy a Supreme Box Logo hoodie swarmed security.
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/12/...hoodie-online/

Old 06-16-2017, 11:51 AM

Migos wearing Supreme. I thought NYC fashions were dated.

http://2dopeboyz.com/wp-content/uplo...gos-kimmel.jpg

Old 06-16-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You do live in Baltimore after all. I think Cross Colours just made it there around 2014 or so.

Hmm...

Guerrilla Fashion: The Story of Supreme - The New York Times

But I guess one guy's experience in suburban Baltimore invalidates the above.

Even jokes coming from someone from NYC are outdated. You probably put a lot of thought into that corny joke.

Last edited by KodeBlue; 06-16-2017 at 12:57 PM..

Old 06-16-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Migos wearing Supreme. I thought NYC fashions were dated.

http://2dopeboyz.com/wp-content/uplo...gos-kimmel.jpg
NYC city fashion is dated. I'm not talking about a brand that is based in NYC, I'm talking about other places wearing like someone from NYC would, or because NYC said it's hot. We all know that most clothing companies are based in NYC.

Face it, NYC is old news.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:01 PM
_OT

2,141 posts, read 1,517,587 times
Quote:
These pics aren't really helping your case. NOBODY is walking around wearing Supreme in the places I've been to. I don't even here people talking about Supreme. Honestly, if Atlanta rappers aren't endorsing it, nobody really cares about it. In 2017, where trends and brands can gain notoriety almost instantly, I still haven't heard people talking about Supreme. As I said earlier, it's a glorified Ecko.
Then you live in a basement.

Supreme is the largest street brand currently in the US, please tell me what other street brand collabs with the likes of Jordan Brand, Lacoste, Louie Vutton, The North Face, and etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or