U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 61 22.26%
New York City 194 70.80%
Equal 19 6.93%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM
 
11,493 posts, read 5,574,584 times
Reputation: 5949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Can you provide a list of the so called hot artist coming from the cities you claim are so ahead vs NYC in hip hop?

Iím just having fun with you because itís amusing to me how you canít even back up your claims lol.

The radio and Tv mean nothing. What matters is the followings and the billboards.

Every artist I named for NYC have miilions of followed on IG and made it to the billboards. Plain and simple! Who still listens to the radio? And come to think about the Breakfast Club in NYC is the most popular station. More popular than any radio station in the south.
I do think there's a strong correlation between radio airplay and popularity, but him saying "I don't hear X" doesn't mean anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,249 posts, read 5,548,685 times
Reputation: 3256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Still no list but a bunch of excuses instead. It seems that the more I ask you to prove your point you just repeat a paragraph that avoids the question lol. All you have to do is name 5 per city or else you are just talking.

Trust me if NYC was corny and played out, there would be no way Iíd be able to easily make a list with artist that each have millions in following and too billboard bits who are known outside the city.

I think Baltimore fits the bill as a ďcornyĒ city as far as Hip Hop is concerned.
You want 5 per city, LMAO. You better start Googling then.

Alright. You see one thing, the rest of the country proves otherwise. We don't care about NY hiphop anymore. New Yorkers don't care about it either, you know, since they've been copying the South's style of rap to get their billboard hits and Instagram followers..

Baltimore is far from corny, but it isn't well known for Hip-hop. King Los will rap circles around anybody coming out of NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:26 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,249 posts, read 5,548,685 times
Reputation: 3256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Kodeblue is just too salty at this point. Comes from a city that has never produced any success in hip hop and canít even defend the region he tries so hard to be from lol.

Canít even 10 emerging artist from an entire region to back up his claim haha!
I don't have yo defend the southern hip hop, it's literally everywhere.

I don't have to try to be from somewhere that I was literally born and raised in... You're not making sense anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You want 5 per city, LMAO. You better start Googling then.

Alright. You see one thing, the rest of the country proves otherwise. We don't care about NY hiphop anymore. New Yorkers don't care about it either, you know, since they've been copying the South's style of rap to get their billboard hits and Instagram followers..

Baltimore is far from corny, but it isn't well known for Hip-hop. King Los will rap circles around anybody coming out of NYC.
Every NY artist I named has millions of views and sold out shows in each city lmao. So what country are you speaking about? Mexico? Haha.

I don’t need to google because I know whose hot from each city. You just yapping cause I’m speaking facts!

King Los can’t outrap Dave East and King Los only has 207K followers on IG LMFAO!

Name a hit that King Los has produced that’s nationally known? Hahah. Speak about corny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I don't have yo defend the southern hip hop, it's literally everywhere.

I don't have to try to be from somewhere that I was literally born and raised in... You're not making sense anymore.
Um if you are going to crown something you better be ready to factually back it up.

Your logic makes no sense. You canít name 5 artist but somehow are placing crowns on people haha.

Do you realize how small 5 - 10 artist is for a whole entire region? Lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I do think there's a strong correlation between radio airplay and popularity, but him saying "I don't hear X" doesn't mean anything.
Exactly he keeps speaking for himself and claiming the whole country agrees. Lol Haters will always try to speak for others in an attempt to make their point and deny their jealousy lol.

All I know is that the whole country gave Dave East, Young MA, 69, ASAP the millions of followings and musical attention they got.

Kodeblue just doesnít want to list the artist because he knows every artist he knows not named Migos and Future is comparable or even below the artist I named for NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:56 AM
 
11,493 posts, read 5,574,584 times
Reputation: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Exactly he keeps speaking for himself and claiming the whole country agrees. Lol Haters will always try to speak for others in an attempt to make their point and deny their jealousy lol.

All I know is that the whole country gave Dave East, Young MA, 69, ASAP the millions of followings and musical attention they got.

Kodeblue just doesnít want to list the artist because he knows every artist he knows not named Migos and Future is comparable or even below the artist I named for NYC.
And how has he written off Cardi B who has numerous top 10 billboard songs?

She's easily one of the hottest rappers out right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 10:58 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,249 posts, read 5,548,685 times
Reputation: 3256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Every NY artist I named has millions of views and sold out shows in each city lmao. So what country are you speaking about? Mexico? Haha.

I donít need to google because I know whose hot from each city. You just yapping cause Iím speaking facts!

King Los canít outrap Dave East and King Los only has 207K followers on IG LMFAO!

Name a hit that King Los has produced thatís nationally known? Hahah. Speak about corny!
Ok bro, this conversation is going nowhere. Your parameter is instragram followers?

See what I mean about being corny. Instagram followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
And how has he written off Cardi B who has numerous top 10 billboard songs?

She's easily one of the hottest rappers out right now
Kodeblues logic is that everything goes back to the south

Kodeblue logic:
If a New Yorker goes down than south that means W
If a southerner comes up to NYC than that means W
If a artist uses influence to make a hook on a beat for 1 song than thatís a W for the south haha.


With logic like that itís pretty easy to see why someone might assume heís trolling. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Ok bro, this conversation is going nowhere. Your parameter is instragram followers?

See what I mean about being corny. Instagram followers.
IG is actually a great source to see whose known or not. As a matter of fact many people do their businesses on IG because of following. The more people that follow you, the more people who know you. You think King Los isnít telling everyone he meets to follow him on IG to build his rep? Lol

You think Rihanna, Kim K, Jay Z, Opera having almost a billion followers is by mistake?

You claim no one knows NY artist yet you downplay every platform that disproves your claims

First you downplay Billboards, now you are downplaying the largest social media platform that artist live off - IG. Lol.

Or maybe you are just out of touch on how the world and music industry works currently!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top