U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 61 22.26%
New York City 194 70.80%
Equal 19 6.93%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:43 AM

1,948 posts, read 676,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Isn't the black fashion pretty much the same in every borough?
Thereís a General fashion for NYC but every borough has a specific piece of fashion that makes them stand out.

Pelle Pelle Jackets will immediately expose as you as being most likely from the Bronx/Harlem.

Queens and Brooklyn donít generally wear those jackets.

Harlem and Bronx dudes were also big on Marmoth Coats and B.B. belts.

The problem with B.B. Belts is that people often used to get robbed for them so if you were from Brooklyn wearing one of those and happen to step foot in Harlem or the Bronx, you were pretty much setting yourself up for a sticky situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
There are far more than just two rappers repping the south. Come on, man let's be serious for a minute.
Iíve been asking you to give me a list of these rappers for the past 5-10 pages now!

Old 03-04-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
More like the other way around. To think there isn't a Southern swagger, whatever that is, is not accurate regarding blacks in South Florida.
No. Many of the black Americans in Miami in fact can trace their blood back to the Bahamas.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:55 PM

18,264 posts, read 26,028,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
No. Many of the black Americans in Miami in fact can trace their blood back to the Bahamas.
Yes and many of the Black Americans in Miami can trace their blood back to Georgia, South Carolina, and North Florida. Including my family who have lived in South Florida for over half century and friends who have been in South Florida for nearly a century according to their elders.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:53 PM

7,264 posts, read 5,592,044 times
Quote:
Sorry there’s no discussion if you can’t back them up with facts. Plus you keep repeating the same thing over. Stop boring me.

Facts are Cardi B, 69 and Young Ma, Dave East and Jay Critch are nationally known and are making hits that’s people listen to. That is a fact. Billboards and high social media following shows this.

And the only city in the south competing with NYC is Atlanta. That umbrella term THE SOUTH is hillarious since most southern cities have never produced anything in hip hop other than New Orleans, Memphis, Miami and Houston. Mind you neither one of those cities ever had a throne in hip hop, just 1 -3 artist at a time just making noise.

You don’t see this weird umbrella terms in other regions in the country!
You just 5 names cities, but I'd like to mention Baton Rouge, which makes it 6. It isn't a matter with another city competing with NYC, it's a matter of NYC competing with those cities mentioned. You listed one hit wonders Young MA, Desiigner, who obviously has a southern sound. I seriously don't see how you can objective say that NYC is hotter than Atlanta. Compare NYC's current rappers to Atlanta's current rappers, Instagram followers, YouTube views, and see who comes out on top. Rae Sremmurd kills NYC with Black Beattles. No need to mention Future, Migos, 2chainz, Guccie, Migos, 21 Savage, Childish Gambino, Young Thug...etc.

Maybe that's the problem with other regions, they don't fall under the same umbrella.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:56 PM

7,264 posts, read 5,592,044 times
Quote:
Iíve been asking you to give me a list of these rappers for the past 5-10 pages now!
I told you "no" already.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:59 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,514,482 times
Of all time: NYC Is more famous
Right now (contemporary): ATL is more relevant

That is all. Any non rapper from Atl or NYC is irrelevant to this conversation (i.e rappers from other areas of the south like Rae sremmurd, Kodak Black etc). This thread is about Atlanta vs NYC hip hop not "the South" vs NYC hip hop.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yes and many of the Black Americans in Miami can trace their blood back to Georgia, South Carolina, and North Florida. Including my family who have lived in South Florida for over half century and friends who have been in South Florida for nearly a century according to their elders.
Ok so we agree here. Whatís your point? I said Many, showing the difference that Miami Black might have compared to blacks in other parts of the south. Black Americans in Miami even have a slight different taste for food compared to other southeast regions.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I told you "no" already.
So you have nothing to talk about!

Old 03-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
You just 5 names cities, but I'd like to mention Baton Rouge, which makes it 6. It isn't a matter with another city competing with NYC, it's a matter of NYC competing with those cities mentioned. You listed one hit wonders Young MA, Desiigner, who obviously has a southern sound. I seriously don't see how you can objective say that NYC is hotter than Atlanta. Compare NYC's current rappers to Atlanta's current rappers, Instagram followers, YouTube views, and see who comes out on top. Rae Sremmurd kills NYC with Black Beattles. No need to mention Future, Migos, 2chainz, Guccie, Migos, 21 Savage, Childish Gambino, Young Thug...etc.

Maybe that's the problem with other regions, they don't fall under the same umbrella.
Baton Rouge has never had a throne in hip hop or an era in hip hop where theirs were multiple artist coming out. Thanks for proving my point but I’m suppose to sit here and really believe Baton Rouge is higher than NYC in hip hop? Lol yea ok that southern umbrella is a joke to just make irrelevant cities in the south feel good about themselves.

Young Ma doesn’t sound southern at. That’s a troll comment, especially since Young Ma called out people in NYC trying to do the southern and takes absolute pride in sounding Brooklyn.

Stop making things up it’s not helping your argument and if you want to. Please show me a video of Young Ma having a “southern” sound. I bet you going to say No. lol!

Hating on 69 but mentioning Gambino, Gucci and 21 savage and Young thug? Haha ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or