U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 61 22.18%
New York City 195 70.91%
Equal 19 6.91%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2018, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 866,153 times
Reputation: 1106

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Man mainstream hip hop is getting lower and lower. If youíre NYC, you should gladly let Atlanta have this. No wonder people are saying UK hip hop is better right now.
True when it comes to underground hip hop I donít think ATL has the real estate to compete with real spitters.


I really wonder if the reason why people in Atlanta worship trap and lean music is because it gives them a feeling that they run hip hop despite how terrible the music is?

Iím about to go blast me some Joey Baddass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2018, 12:22 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,742 posts, read 6,144,011 times
Reputation: 3590
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Na I think your city Baltimore doesn’t feel like Hip Hop lol.

Hip Hop will always have a feel in NYC because we created it.

That’s like saying Jamaica doesn’t even feel like reggae anymore because other islands do it. Lol
Fact of the matter is that Atlanta took something from NYC and is, for the past 15+ years, the bigger producer of it.

NYC has fallen off. It's like it's not even cool to be from NYC anymore if you want to be a successful rapper.

NYC appears to be stuck in the late 90s, which was 20 years ago. You can feel it when you're there to the point where even the accent sounds outdated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 12:08 AM
 
926 posts, read 314,354 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
True when it comes to underground hip hop I donít think ATL has the real estate to compete with real spitters.


I really wonder if the reason why people in Atlanta worship trap and lean music is because it gives them a feeling that they run hip hop despite how terrible the music is?

Iím about to go blast me some Joey Baddass.
Yes.That must be the reason why...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 01:26 AM
 
Location: The Dirty South.
1,573 posts, read 1,429,685 times
Reputation: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
NYC doesn't even feel like hip-hop anymore. As far as hip-hop in NYC, it kinda has a Erie feel to it.

Atlanta feels like hip-hop in 2018
Erie feel? Lol. How old are you 18. Ever heard of lord infamous, psk13, and countless others? And don't even get me started on some of the screwed and chopped songs that will give you nightmares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 12:26 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,742 posts, read 6,144,011 times
Reputation: 3590
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Erie feel? Lol. How old are you 18. Ever heard of lord infamous, psk13, and countless others? And don't even get me started on some of the screwed and chopped songs that will give you nightmares.
I don't even get your argument. You're arguing for NYC rap, but naming Houston and Memphis rappers? Where are you in the discussion.

Is the misspelled word "eerie?"

What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
245 posts, read 67,834 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehd View Post
Cardi B and Nicki do basically southern hip hop even though they are from NYC


Does anyone outside of NYC listen to 69? Or is he big in the suburban teen category?
Where did you get this false information from? There is nothing southern sounding about neither Nikki Minaj or Cardi B. I'm even more confused that you think Cardi B does southern music. Cardi is SOOO NEW YORK from her attitude, fashion, music, cockiness and speech. Nikki Minaj sounded very New York in her early days but sounds commercial now. But I wouldn't say even with her commercial sounding music that Minaj sounds southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2018, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
245 posts, read 67,834 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMonday View Post
I hate to say it Card I B is under the wing of the Migos

6ixnine isn't even worth mentioning, The biggest troll in hip hop history at the moment..Faking robberies and TROLLING LA and Chicago are just a few examples.

I wouldn't be surprised if the YouTube numbers aren't fake

No artist from New York right now is authentic besides Dave East. Every other artist is rapping like they from Atlanta or under the South umbrella including Nicki Minaj
Cardi B is not under the wing of the migos. 69 is a hot artist no matter what you say. Your post screams HATER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 09:44 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,742 posts, read 6,144,011 times
Reputation: 3590
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
Where did you get this false information from? There is nothing southern sounding about neither Nikki Minaj or Cardi B. I'm even more confused that you think Cardi B does southern music. Cardi is SOOO NEW YORK from her attitude, fashion, music, cockiness and speech. Nikki Minaj sounded very New York in her early days but sounds commercial now. But I wouldn't say even with her commercial sounding music that Minaj sounds southern.
The only thing southern about Cardi's and Nicki's music are the beats, but the fact that their beats sounds so southern does say something. You can't avoid not finding southern influence in today's hip-hop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 09:45 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,742 posts, read 6,144,011 times
Reputation: 3590
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
Cardi B is not under the wing of the migos. 69 is a hot artist no matter what you say. Your post screams HATER!
69 is more known for his antics than his music, but even his music sounds influenced but the south, and Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2018, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
245 posts, read 67,834 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
The only thing southern about Cardi's and Nicki's music are the beats, but the fact that their beats sounds so southern does say something. You can't avoid not finding southern influence in today's hip-hop.
Niki Minaj is too commercial and too pop to really have just southern beats. She has all types of beats depending on the song. I'll listen to more Cardi B to see your point because the minute she hits a track all I hear is NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top