Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 77 22.92%
New York City 231 68.75%
Equal 28 8.33%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 12:15 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,351,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
NYC influences NOTHING in Baltimore. Baltimore has been a region that has been BIG on southern music since the late 90s. Lil Boosie even said it on The Breakfast Club interview that Baltimore is one of his biggest markets.

Murphy didn't expose anything. He trying to sell to me that NYC is on its way back because, but the rapper that he referred to is copying the style, and lyrics of a southern artist...those fruit loops colored dreads and fronts must be a NYC thing tho....that mess looks ridiculous.
Right so wearing Timbs was a Baltimore idea.

So big on southern Hip Hop that ASAP ANT a Baltimore native decided to join a NY crew.

So big on southern hip hop that Noe who sounds like Jay Z was part of Byrdgang. Harlem crew!

So big on southern hip hop that Snoop is on the cast of Love and Hip Hop NY and not on the cast of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta!

That’s a lot of NYC joining for a city that clams to be so influenced by the south. I’m sure you’ll have many excuses for the opposite above^. At least ATL doesn’t have this problem!

And Tekashi isn’t copying no style of no southern artist. His voice isn’t southern, his style isn’t southern and the beat he raps too aren’t southern. He confirmed he was influenced by a Chicago artist to rap and he’s influenced by two musical genres which are hip hop and heavy metal.

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 02-28-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 12:35 PM

1,032 posts, read 1,085,912 times
I wrote in this thread a long time ago that I think NYC win this and I stand by it...that being said...is this dude Tekashi supposed to be the new face of NY hip hop?...my lawd how NYC has fallen..smh...I know I am old at this point but this joker is the new NY?

Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
I wrote in this thread a long time ago that I think NYC win this and I stand by it...that being said...is this dude Tekashi supposed to be the new face of NY hip hop?...my lawd how NYC has fallen..smh...I know I am old at this point but this joker is the new NY?
It’s not about Tekashi being the new face of NYC hip hop, it’s about him being from NYC and making a global buzz proving haters like Kodeblue wrong who have this rule that NYC artist can’t be hot outside of the city

I never understood why NY artist have to look a certain way to be taken serious, yet people like Trinidad James is well accepted in the south and for southern music. Or people like Lil Yatchy and Lil Uzi Vert!

I respect that tekashi has his own style and if you read about his life before the FAME you’d probably respect him much more. The only weird thing about him is his colorful hair and that’s about it.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:47 PM

10,071 posts, read 9,841,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Um no he produced a beat for him. 50 is one of the biggest moguls in hip hop and every southern artist would be crawling on their feet to work with him.
Then why are more southern artist featuring him? 50 cent is irrelevant in 2018, it's been that way since 2007.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Then why are more southern artist featuring him? 50 cent is irrelevant in 2018, it's been that way since 2007.
50 cent barely raps Incase you didn’t know he’s a Business man that makes appearances here and there and no 50 cent will never be irrelevelt lol.

Has arguably one of the most successful hip hop careers in hip hop and like I said if 50 cent put out a post asking artist to work with him. Southern artist would be crawling on their feet. You clearly do not understand what clout is.lol

Old 02-28-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Right so wearing Timbs was a Baltimore idea.

So big on southern Hip Hop that ASAP ANT a Baltimore native decided to join a NY crew.

So big on southern hip hop that Noe who sounds like Jay Z was part of Byrdgang. Harlem crew!

So big on southern hip hop that Snoop is on the cast of Love and Hip Hop NY and not on the cast of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta!

That’s a lot of NYC joining for a city that clams to be so influenced by the south. I’m sure you’ll have many excuses for the opposite above^. At least ATL doesn’t have this problem!

And Tekashi isn’t copying no style of no southern artist. His voice isn’t southern, his style isn’t southern and the beat he raps too aren’t southern. He confirmed he was influenced by a Chicago artist to rap and he’s influenced by two musical genres which are hip hop and heavy metal.
I'll give you timbs. I'll take Air Force Ones from you, though.

Who?

Snoop isn't a rapper though. Also, since you brought it up, she hangs with Maybach Music. However, Tammy, from LHH Atlanta is from Baltimore, and she's married to a rapper from.....where, that moved to where?

The beat that he used was a southern beat.

Asap Ant is part of a crew that said that they were influenced by Houston.

I really couldn't care less about Tekashi to be honest. He gets no play in Baltimore. Other cities can chime in on if he gets play there.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
50 cent barely raps Incase you didn’t know he’s a Business man that makes appearances here and there and no 50 cent will never be irrelevelt lol.

Has arguably one of the most successful hip hop careers in hip hop and like I said if 50 cent put out a post asking artist to work with him. Southern artist would be crawling on their feet. You clearly do not understand what clout is.lol
In music, the man is irrelevant. You're little "lol" won't change that fact.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes we do. I follow hip hop religiously and can name artist from all those regions you mentioned which is why I know you are just yapping with no evidence.

Ok cool so I guess you proved my point that NYC runs hip hop since Beyoncé is Married to Jay Z which is more dominant couple than Offset and Cardi B. Since you want to play those awkward games!

Plus the weird notion that Atlanta should get a reward because Cardi B and Offset are engaged just sounds sexist to me. I’m curious to why you keep mentioning this weird fact? And what relevance it has to this topic!
Touche' on the Jayz Beyonce point, I like how you spun that one around on me.

Cardi B's single, Bodak Yellow, is an ode to Kodak Black's No Flockin. Her song was without a doubt influenced by the south. None if that can be denied.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 PM

I've never seen a place so deep in denial as NYC when it comes to influence.

Tekashi..lol

Old 02-28-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I'll give you timbs. I'll take Air Force Ones from you, though.

Who?

Snoop isn't a rapper though. Also, since you brought it up, she hangs with Maybach Music. However, Tammy, from LHH Atlanta is from Baltimore, and she's married to a rapper from.....where, that moved to where?

The beat that he used was a southern beat.

Asap Ant is part of a crew that said that they were influenced by Houston.

I really couldn't care less about Tekashi to be honest. He gets no play in Baltimore. Other cities can chime in on if he gets play there.
Who? ASAP ANT and Noe two Baltimore artist that actually gained a following outside of Baltimore since Baltimore has pretty much been an ignored city in hip hop history.

Um no just ASAP ROCkY was influenced by Houston and if that’s the case why didn’t ASAP ANT join a Houston crew or ATL crew since according to you, should be southern influenced?

You tried boasting about Offset and Cardi B being engaged which has nothing to do with rap but are telling me Snoop isn’t a rapper? Stick to the point and I’ll stick to the point in return.

Tekashi 69 is a billboard artist with over hundreds of millions of views in his videos and the fact that he’s from the east coast lets me know he in facts gets play in BMore.

I’d like to know who you are cause you love speaking for Baltimore people based off your personal hating opinions lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City