Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 77 22.92%
New York City 231 68.75%
Equal 28 8.33%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times

Advertisements

Thank you to whoever it was that repped me and drop off this video...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZSeGi...ature=youtu.be

Listen to what this New Yorker said about Atlanta.

Last edited by KodeBlue; 02-28-2018 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 05:55 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
She rapped about it. So, we can't talk about what people rap about,we can't talk about their videos, we can't talk about the obvious influences in there music and videos, so what's left to discuss?

You make a post in thread without mentioning any of the above. Atlanta is on top, and has been so for over a decade... NYC having overtaken Atlanta for the crown is laughable. That's my argument.

I'll be honest with you: NYC rap is seen as corny, and unrelatable in this day and age. That's why artist from there rarely make it anymore. Most people don't want to hear what NY rappers have to say anymore. This isn't the 90s.
I think the question to the thread is pretty simple. She rapped about what? And what does that have to do with the question being asked? Is she hot right now? Is she from NYC? That’s the only thing that matters to the question being asked in this thread, not her dating Offset!

If it’s on top like you said prove it? This debate is easy because 1.) the poll speaks for itself as NYC has slaughtered ATL is votes but I’m sure you have a theory for that.

NYC rap scene is doing fine since it’s big on the billboard records and has a number of emerging artist.

Still can’t provide that list of talent that I asked about that you keep dodging so until you do so every city you mentioned is corny right now since their isn’t any “talent” you can show.

Anyone can talk trash, just be able to at least back it up and not sound like a hater!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Thank you to whoever it was that repped me and drop off this video...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZSeGi...ature=youtu.be

Listen to what this New Yorker said about Atlanta.
Love and Hip Hop is owned and founded by a New Yorker named Mona Scott. End thread.

I’ll take NYC having ownage in hip hop over hearing a nobody call ATL the Mecca. But I’m not the one desperate here. Lol!

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 03-01-2018 at 06:11 AM..

Old 03-01-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
I think the question to the thread is pretty simple. She rapped about what? And what does that have to do with the question being asked? Is she hot right now? Is she from NYC? That’s the only thing that matters to the question being asked in this thread, not her dating Offset!

If it’s on top like you said prove it? This debate is easy because 1.) the poll speaks for itself as NYC has slaughtered ATL is votes but I’m sure you have a theory for that.

NYC rap scene is doing fine since it’s big on the billboard records and has a number of emerging artist.

Still can’t provide that list of talent that I asked about that you keep dodging so until you do so every city you mentioned is corny right now since their isn’t any “talent†you can show.

Anyone can talk trash, just be able to at least back it up and not sound like a hater!
You're gloating over winning a hip-hop thread on city data? Lol. That's what you call "desperate."
When you turn on your TV or listen to a radio station outside of the tri-state area, you'll see how rarely a NYC artist gets played.

I don't have to hate on NY hip-hop, Atlanta took over 15 years ago, and his still the hop hop Mecca to this day.

I don't know what proof you're looking for, but will suggest you turn in your radio and hear what cities are heavily represented, and which city isn't.

Cardi B is definitely from NYC, but the way she raps and her beat selection isn't. She's a student of southern rap.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Love and Hip Hop is owned and founded by a New Yorker named Mona Scott. End thread.

I’ll take NYC having ownage in hip hop over hearing a nobody call ATL the Mecca. But I’m not the one desperate here. Lol!
You brought up Snoop being on LHH NY as a point for NYC influence, right? Here you have a New Yorker calling Atlanta the hiphop Mecca.

NY doesn't own hip-hop anymore, Atlanta does. Hell, the south does.

Love & Hip Hop Atlanta gets the best ratings too, just in case you were wondering.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
You're gloating over winning a hip-hop thread on city data? Lol. That's what you call "desperate."
When you turn on your TV or listen to a radio station outside of the tri-state area, you'll see how rarely a NYC artist gets played.

I don't have to hate on NY hip-hop, Atlanta took over 15 years ago, and his still the hop hop Mecca to this day.

I don't know what proof you're looking for, but will suggest you turn in your radio and hear what cities are heavily represented, and which city isn't.

Cardi B is definitely from NYC, but the way she raps and her beat selection isn't. She's a student of southern rap.
Can you provide a list of the so called hot artist coming from the cities you claim are so ahead vs NYC in hip hop?

I’m just having fun with you because it’s amusing to me how you can’t even back up your claims lol.

The radio and Tv mean nothing. What matters is the followings and the billboards.

Every artist I named for NYC have miilions of followed on IG and made it to the billboards. Plain and simple! Who still listens to the radio? And come to think about the Breakfast Club in NYC is the most popular station. More popular than any radio station in the south.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
You brought up Snoop being on LHH NY as a point for NYC influence, right? Here you have a New Yorker calling Atlanta the hiphop Mecca.

NY doesn't own hip-hop anymore, Atlanta does. Hell, the south does.

Love & Hip Hop Atlanta gets the best ratings too, just in case you were wondering.
I brought up Snoop because you try to convince people on this site that Baltimore is southern and influenced by the south when in reality that’s far from the truth.

Using an entire region to compare to one city only proves how dominate NYC is actually.

Love and Hip Hop is a show created by a New Yorker. Love and Hip Hop is also a show that deals with washed up talent which further contradicts everything you said about ATL being on top.

ATL LHH gets the best ratings because it’s the most ghetto. Not because people are tuning in to listen to music.

Your comebacks in debates when you seem to lose are pretty funny! Lol

Old 03-02-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Can you provide a list of the so called hot artist coming from the cities you claim are so ahead vs NYC in hip hop?

I’m just having fun with you because it’s amusing to me how you can’t even back up your claims lol.

The radio and Tv mean nothing. What matters is the followings and the billboards.

Every artist I named for NYC have miilions of followed on IG and made it to the billboards. Plain and simple! Who still listens to the radio? And come to think about the Breakfast Club in NYC is the most popular station. More popular than any radio station in the south.
No sir, i'm not compiling a list of cities. I don't care enough to, nor do it feel like it. The info is just as easily accessible to you as it for to me.

The most famous person , Charlemagne, is from the south tho, so NYC loses again. But you said radio doesn't matter, so I don't even know why you brought The breakfast club into the conversation if it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm glad you're having fun. Atlanta still runs hip-hop, I don't even know why we have to debate since their music is constantly played all day everyday.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
No sir, i'm not compiling a list of cities. I don't care enough to, nor do it feel like it. The info is just as easily accessible to you as it for to me.

The most famous person , Charlemagne, is from the south tho, so NYC loses again. But you said radio doesn't matter, so I don't even know why you brought The breakfast club into the conversation if it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm glad you're having fun. Atlanta still runs hip-hop, I don't even know why we have to debate since their music is constantly played all day everyday.
Still no list but a bunch of excuses instead. It seems that the more I ask you to prove your point you just repeat a paragraph that avoids the question lol. All you have to do is name 5 per city or else you are just talking.

Trust me if NYC was corny and played out, there would be no way I’d be able to easily make a list with artist that each have millions in following and top billboard bits who are known outside the city.

I think Baltimore fits the bill as a “corny” city as far as Hip Hop is concerned.

And as far as I’m concerned Charlemagne lives in NYC and Angela Yee and Envy are both New Yorkers so nope NYc wins again because Charlemagne could have easily been on a radio statin In Atlanta. But apparently that wasn’t the case! He came up to NYC the birthplace and Mecca of hip hop!

Old 03-02-2018, 10:18 AM

Kodeblue is just too salty at this point. Comes from a city that has never produced any success in hip hop and can’t even defend the region he tries so hard to be from lol.

Can’t even 10 emerging artist from an entire region to back up his claim haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City