U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 PM

10,287 posts, read 12,400,880 times

Advertisements

I prefer KC. Indianapolis is awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 08:12 AM

11,215 posts, read 7,605,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Can't argue with the data from City vs City Academy of Science.
Exactly, these polls are totally unscientific. Have all the people that voted have actually been to ALL of those cities to make a fair comparison? I don't put much weight on these polls at all. Some people can even come up with an extra profile to vote twice!

Old 12-05-2017, 10:34 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Who says KC is light years ahead of Indy? They are basically the same size cities. I just said that KC has a more urban feel and it does. KC's urban core is considerably larger than Indy. Indy becomes "suburban" just blocks from downtown.

Other than that, they are pretty similar in size, importance and amenities.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:04 AM

518 posts, read 265,909 times
As a visitor from Florida to both cities, Kansas City appears more appealing at first look. Indianapolis is just so boring. I have family there and I cant wait to leave when I get there. Its awful cold, flat, no body of water near by (river downtown, I cant call that a river). I do have to say Carmel and its northern suburbs is a very nice suburb, but I heard Kansas City has some as well. Just driving through Kansas it appears to have more appeal with the old bridges and older look. The only appeal I would give Indianapolis over Kansas City is that its closer to Chicago. lol...

Old 12-06-2017, 03:45 PM

929 posts, read 1,697,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Who says KC is light years ahead of Indy? They are basically the same size cities. I just said that KC has a more urban feel and it does. KC's urban core is considerably larger than Indy. Indy becomes "suburban" just blocks from downtown.

Other than that, they are pretty similar in size, importance and amenities.
I'd say you'd have to go further out in Indy, before it started to feel suburban. If you went beyond say like Broad Ripple or Irvington, yeah you'd hit some suburban feeling areas before you hit I-465. I don't think there's any way one would accidentally describe an Indy neighborhood like Herron Morton, Meridian-Kessler, Irvington, etc. as suburban. Nor any of its near northwest side neighborhoods(i.e. Haughville), or any neighborhoods south or southeast of there(i.e. Fountain Square).

Never been to KC, so I'm not going to comment on that city. The amount of ignorance people state about Indy on C-D, astounds me all the time. If you're going to comment on Indy, at least don't say false things that no longer reflect how Indianapolis has grown to be as a city today. I'm sure many either have never visited Indy, or hadn't revisited there in way too many years before all the growth it's gotten today.

Last edited by mjlo; 12-08-2017 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: edited out deleted post

Old 12-17-2017, 07:42 PM

76 posts, read 47,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
This has already been discussed at length, 2 out of 3 people perfer KC to Indy and chances are that the 1 person who perfers Indy has not been to both cities. Why is this still a discussion?

Shoot, I have been to both cities and I live in Kansas City and honestly I think Indy may win... KC has much more to do and I will admit Indy has nothing really to do, but the thing that does it for me in Indy is its beautiful downtown. It's downtown if SPECTACUILAR to me and IMO a great downtown is my favorite part of a city.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:48 PM

519 posts, read 467,990 times
I'll say this after being from KC and having been in Indianapolis a weekend in May 2018. Both cities are underrated/underappreciated. I thought Indianapolis to be a beautiful city and saw many aspects of Indy that I wished KC had. Neither resident of either city has anything to be insecure about. When KC get's it's new airport terminal in a few years KC and Indy will be comparable great cities of the midwest.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:57 PM

5,469 posts, read 5,774,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
I'll say this after being from KC and having been in Indianapolis a weekend in May 2018. Both cities are underrated/underappreciated. I thought Indianapolis to be a beautiful city and saw many aspects of Indy that I wished KC had. Neither resident of either city has anything to be insecure about. When KC get's it's new airport terminal in a few years KC and Indy will be comparable great cities of the midwest.
Can you give me an example of something Indy has that you wish KC had? Besides the airport?

I find KC to be an all around better city, with the Plaza, River Market, etc. I like the food scene better and I like the overall vibe better in KC. -signed, a native Hoosier.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:04 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,336,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
What aspects make Indy better than KC?

Old 07-15-2018, 10:07 PM

20,111 posts, read 21,729,745 times
I find Kansas City more appealing because of its historic architecture, the more modern architecture thatís responsive to that, and the actual history of the place. It also seems to have a good expanse of intact, walkable neighborhoods. Thereís just a lot to like about the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or